ForumsThe TavernVeteran users?

165 25822
Efan
Efan
3,086 posts
Nomad

What amount of forum posts, rank and/or points make a veteran user? Or is it post quality? Can veteran users be called veteran just from time? I'd like to hear your opinion (obviously.

• 165 Replies
Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,507 posts
Jester

Has anyone got a merit before they took out the rating up of comments?

Plenty of people have. Ask a mod.

A verteran = long activity time.

I second this, except those are called Veterans

Merits are hard to get due to spammers (not the mdos fault)

I can't really be spammers either, since the mods sift through the spam and look for merit-worthy reviews, while deleting the spam. Reviews are naturally longer, and since spam is generally small, they just sorta blend in and not cause a disruption for anyone looking for reviews.
JustScott
JustScott
96 posts
Nomad

JustScott
is ranked #698 out of 709,231 users
:P

1337Player
1337Player
1,766 posts
Peasant

Has anyone got a merit before they took out the rating up of comments?

I have, twice. Look on my profile to see when I got them.
[quote]A verteran = long activity time.

I second this[/quote]
I third this, erm.
1337Player
1337Player
1,766 posts
Peasant

Look on my profile to see when I got them.

Actually, don't look on my profile because I forgot I removed when I got my two merits. But I'll tell you I got them sometime during/after September.

I consider myself I regular.
Endscape
Endscape
1,182 posts
Nomad

time, and active-ness... if thats a word..

skater_kid_who_pwns
skater_kid_who_pwns
4,376 posts
Blacksmith

I can't really be spammers either, since the mods sift through the spam and look for merit-worthy reviews, while deleting the spam. Reviews are naturally longer, and since spam is generally small, they just sorta blend in and not cause a disruption for anyone looking for reviews.

Yes it can. If there is one merit per 10 pages of spam. you have to click, and delete that spam one, by one. This over multiple gmaes, is not worth a mods time.
jjrocks66
jjrocks66
913 posts
Shepherd

i dont know if im considered a veteran but ive been on this site for over 2 years now

Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,507 posts
Jester

Yes it can. If there is one merit per 10 pages of spam. you have to click, and delete that spam one, by one. This over multiple gmaes, is not worth a mods time.

That doesn't mean reviews are affected by spammers. All the mods have to do is locate a review, merit it, then proceed to delete spam if they wanted. It isn't where the reviews are drowned in spam comments, because the reviews are clearly more noticeable than they are.
knight_34
knight_34
13,821 posts
Farmer

I've scanned through old reviews and looked over the old standards of giving merits. I realise how easy it was to get 'em back then. This comment was only a couple of sentences long and it got a merit. That's why I have to disagree with Eddie.

Darkroot
Darkroot
2,763 posts
Peasant

Well at this point I think there are so many news game and games in general with thousands of posts per minute the only way to get merit is basically write a comment for an new game and hope the mods check it. Which doesn't really sound like a solid system to me.

knight_34
knight_34
13,821 posts
Farmer

I agree with you. I also note that the standards were tightened and merit giving was restricted. There used to be a Merit Recognition thing going on where people could nominate others but it got abused by freeloaders who nominated themselves with sockpuppet accounts.

vinster132
vinster132
5,880 posts
Jester

It's just that the Merit Recognition they had back then was to exposed into thin air. As Knight explained, people abused it.

Agreed. Even when there are a bunch of mods put to delete spam. It's not the fun you are looking for in a flash gaming site.
jeankorb
jeankorb
7 posts
Nomad

I only have 242 points, but soon I will have more!

BlackVortex
BlackVortex
1,360 posts
Nomad

veteran users are those people you always see everywhere, are well known, respected, i dont think it has anything to do with how long you've been here at all

Zophia
Zophia
9,434 posts
Scribe

In my opinion veterans are the users who have been here long enough to be called "experienced". This quality has nothing to do with the amount of posts or points that would indicate a regular.

If you know how things work, if you know how things used to be and what changed and how because you remember (not because you were told), then you're probably a veteran user.

I've been around since August '08 and know most of what's been going on since, so I assume I count as one. :P

Showing 76-90 of 165