ForumsGamesWASD vs Arrow Keys

537 165072
silvermoon123
silvermoon123
855 posts
Nomad

Do you use WASD or the arrow keys? Why is WASD even an option? Why are arrow keys so superior? Questions like these and more can be posted here, as well as lots of answers! Give your opinion on these basic movement controls below!

• 537 Replies
chessmaster102
chessmaster102
657 posts
Peasant

I use WASD because most of the games i use require a mouse and I feel more comfortable with my hands farther away from each other. Also it makes it easier in games that you can chat if youre strolling the screen with your hand on WASD because you dont have to move them to type. I'm right handed so naturally I have my right hand on the mouse and the arrow keys are just so close to the mouse XD

PwNeD96
PwNeD96
67 posts
Nomad

Im a fan of WASD, it just feels more comfortable on my hands.

PwNeD96
PwNeD96
67 posts
Nomad

Im a fan of WASD, it just feels more comfortable on my hands.

dazbud
dazbud
5 posts
Scribe

i like wasd for games requiring u to use one hand on the mouse because im right handed

maxxyboy1000
maxxyboy1000
11 posts
Nomad

Most games use the 'WASD' keys for games when your holding the mouse (such as fps games, etc).
The arrow keys are often used when the game is focused on the keyboard alone (Such as platforming games).
And there are even times when you use both (such as the case of neon rider, etc)

Personally, I like the WASD keys, because they just feel more comforatble.

soldierperson
soldierperson
269 posts
Peasant

WASD is awesome

Werewolf1993
Werewolf1993
13 posts
Nomad

WASD. I rather use WASD instead of arrow keys. I only use arrow keys in racing games. In other games I use WASD. Much easy and much comfortable.

letsgome
letsgome
9 posts
Nomad

I agree because having to reach to the other side of the board hurts!

seriously

psychoraven
psychoraven
311 posts
Peasant

wasd cause then my right hand (dominante) can use the mouse better

Jetcord
Jetcord
825 posts
Nomad

I am right handed and at any opportunity i use WASD, i absolutely hate the arrow keys

Anguish666
Anguish666
2 posts
Peasant

i use the wasd keys, still im right handed but i can use it better with my mouse then

Doodeedaa
Doodeedaa
116 posts
Farmer

I used to be a fan of arrow keys but now i like WASD.

dama123
dama123
3 posts
Blacksmith

i like both but i use wasd

bigjacob
bigjacob
578 posts
Farmer

For my platforming, I use the WASD, for various others, I just go with the arrows.

-Bigslayerguyman, or the Slayer of Light, or MarioTime.

Lanceschrott
Lanceschrott
7 posts
Nomad

Now here we have a never ending gamers discussion. : )
I tend to get a bit exited while playing some games and therefore keep mistyping when using the WASD keys so I prefer the arrow keys for most games.
I also find that in games where you can pick your control keys it is much easier to use the arrow keys left handed since you can use the bigger enter and shift keys as well.

Showing 271-285 of 537