ForumsGamesWASD vs Arrow Keys

537 165102
silvermoon123
silvermoon123
855 posts
Nomad

Do you use WASD or the arrow keys? Why is WASD even an option? Why are arrow keys so superior? Questions like these and more can be posted here, as well as lots of answers! Give your opinion on these basic movement controls below!

• 537 Replies
bj22910
bj22910
33 posts
Nomad

If there is a mouse involved, I like WASD better. If not, I would use arrow keys.

elfisparsley
elfisparsley
201 posts
Peasant

WASD is my preference, I prefer it because my brother spilled apple juice on my arrow keys so now hey stick and it's annoying!

dadi8698
dadi8698
6 posts
Jester

I used the QZSD because my keyboard is AZERTY.

Sauron23
Sauron23
275 posts
Peasant

I deffinetly like the WASD buttons better, because their more comfortable. I especially like them better in games where you also use the mouse.

MyTeddy
MyTeddy
34 posts
Nomad

I reallly love using WASD because I'm left handed so it's much more comfortable

spikeabc
spikeabc
1,666 posts
Jester

i always use WASD for everything because when you have to use the mouse i cant use the arrow keys since im right handed (like many people) and so i trained myself to use WASD all the time sicne i just find it easier even if the game dosent need the mouse. i know it seems wierd that a righty would perfer WASD over the arrow keys but hey, im just a wierd guy.

spikeabc
spikeabc
1,666 posts
Jester

i always use WASD for everything because when you have to use the mouse i cant use the arrow keys since im right handed (like many people) and so i trained myself to use WASD all the time sicne i just find it easier even if the game dosent need the mouse. i know it seems wierd that a righty would perfer WASD over the arrow keys but hey, im just a wierd guy.

Garg_Slayer
Garg_Slayer
1 posts
Nomad

That's true i prefer arrow keys over WASD and i'm a lefty but its easer for me to use the mouse and arrow keys then mouse and WASD for me =P

soldierperson
soldierperson
269 posts
Peasant

WASD because im a person who plays run and hit

WarLord105
WarLord105
32 posts
Nomad

When there's a choice, I always use WASD. It just feels a lot more comfortable then the arrow keys.

MoparGamer
MoparGamer
144 posts
Nomad

People who use their right hand for mouse and have their keyboards maybe 3" from the mouse will commonly use WASD as its a more comfortable position.

People who use their left hand for their mouse and have their keyboards still close to their mouse will commonly use arrow keys so their hands aren't like hugging eachother :P (Right hand mouse people atleast get the Numberpad worth of space)

Mickeyryn
Mickeyryn
276 posts
Shepherd

I like and prefer arrow keys more because, like what GhostOfMatrix said above, I am left handed. And here is a question:

Do you win more on Exit Path 1 if you are you using arrow keys? Or is using W.A.S.D. easier and better?

NikkoJT
NikkoJT
2 posts
Nomad

I used to use the arrow keys, but as I started to play games that use the mouse more, I switched over. Now I prefer WASD for consistency, and so I can use the mouse (yes, even when I don't need it).

YoMama07
YoMama07
28 posts
Nomad

I use the WASD keys because they are easier to use for me. I'm a right-handed guy so I put the mouse right next to the keyboard. When I use the up, down, left, and right keys I get a little scrunched up. I often feel more comfortable using WASD because I can stretch my arms more.

Dadehran
Dadehran
21 posts
Peasant

Arrow keys because I am left handed, and i use it alot.

Showing 256-270 of 537