ForumsGamesWASD vs Arrow Keys

537 164740
silvermoon123
silvermoon123
855 posts
Nomad

Do you use WASD or the arrow keys? Why is WASD even an option? Why are arrow keys so superior? Questions like these and more can be posted here, as well as lots of answers! Give your opinion on these basic movement controls below!

• 537 Replies
Jeff1999
Jeff1999
1,356 posts
Farmer

With a spacebar I pick arrows, with mouse I use WASD. (my mouse is on the right of the keyboard)

Elbreth
Elbreth
17 posts
Peasant

Some time ago i used the arrow keys, but now i prefer a lot WASD: when you learn to use them, they are a lot more simple. And you can use mouse or other things, as a lot of you said.

ShadowArcher
ShadowArcher
1,001 posts
Nomad

Hmm, I find if I use the arrow keys with a need mouse feature (I'm right handed, and I use a USB Mouse on my laptop) I feel squashed and my natural eye posistioning is to the right of my laptop not at the screen, I find dominating the space of my chair by using WASD makes my natural eye posistion is to the screen of my laptop, if there is no mouse feature I tend take my hand off my mouse and go into a mode with my right hand hovering over the arrow keys and my left hovering so in one quick motion I can touch SPACE, C, D, E, W, Q, A, S, Z, X, TAB, CAPS LOCK, SHIFT (Left) and CONTROL(Left).

vrandtnt1030
vrandtnt1030
9 posts
Nomad

well its fit for the game, if u need to use the mouse, u use WASD. if (for example) ZXC was to attack or whatever, then u would use the arrow keys.

ZeroComp
ZeroComp
383 posts
Nomad

WASD provides the perfect amount of space between my left hand and my right hand with the mouse and it just feels natural. LOL :P So yes I prefer WASD to arrows.

albanianator
albanianator
10 posts
Scribe

Well if you're playing on a laptop and don't want to use the mouse in some games, W.A.S.D. is needed. It makes it easier to use left hand on W.A.S.D. then right hand on the tracking pad as mouse. My down arrow key is broken on this current laptop so some games who don't have the W.A.S.D. option can't be played lol.

Jeff1999
Jeff1999
1,356 posts
Farmer

Let's just say that they're both nesecarry.

tunablade
tunablade
200 posts
Nomad

well WASD is my prefrnce because i may be right handed but if i need the mouse im not really going to cross hands and it feels better using your domanint hand on the mouse

AminEamon
AminEamon
7 posts
Nomad

I will always prefer the arrow keys, but WASD is an option if you are left handed, playing a game with multiple players that use both arrow keys and WASD and if the games controls are very complex and you would use WASD for moving and other keys for doing other things. But because there are about 800,000,000 people who are left handed, many of those use WASD because their left hand has more stability,control and strength over the controls.

Kasic
Kasic
5,556 posts
Jester

but WASD is an option if you are left handed

I've seen this mentioned a lot. Does it really matter so much that it uses your left hand? I'm ambidextrous, so it's never really occurred to me that since wasd are used by your left hand that it might affect right-hand dominant people...

Personally, as stated many times, I prefer WASD because it has many more keys around it.
Baxamyt
Baxamyt
2 posts
Nomad

I use wasd . Got used to it. But sometimes it more comfortable to use arrows , so it more depends on game i play

dank40
dank40
109 posts
Nomad

It really depends on the game.
For some, I use WASD.
For others, I use the arrow keys.

016Bramble
016Bramble
408 posts
Nomad

If there is a need for the mouse, go with WASD. If not, I would say arrow keys. I think arrow keys are better for flash gaming, while WASD is better for PC gaming.

Shenko
Shenko
1,059 posts
Treasurer

i prefer TFGH

greentrev106
greentrev106
181 posts
Shepherd

I usually use WASD keys when there is a mouse involved in the controls, like on Minecraft for example, but the arrow keys if im playing on Armorgames.

Showing 241-255 of 537