ForumsGame Walkthroughs{necro}GemCraft Labyrinth- it's totally out now

374 306871
osanseviero
osanseviero
38 posts
Nomad

Hello, i am just reserving here a post, i am osan and i love making reviews and walkthroughs, and my first here in AG will be a full walkthrough and review, this is just reserved (i will edit this post when game is out)

i am thinking of puting images and strategies, plus suggestions and other thins, but if you want any (please not a video) specific thing just tell me and i will work on that

• 374 Replies
xoarr
xoarr
8 posts
Nomad

AirDecade

thanks for the help, the left, right, left, right tactics works, moved forward, those were the hardest levels so far. I also changed "always 3x speed" to rather "sometimes 3x speed" which helped too :P

M

ShadowRebelz
ShadowRebelz
2 posts
Nomad

is it finished yet

xoarr
xoarr
8 posts
Nomad

@vaesperbot
so, mana generator is a one-trap with 6 amplifiers around? or some other scary thing?
regs
M

xoarr
xoarr
8 posts
Nomad

So, as a sumup:
1. What are mana generators?
2. How to get access to corner-fields?
3. Is everyone like me winning new field without easy? (even if level 45, low, still thou)
4. What are shadows?

regs
M

BaneWilliams
BaneWilliams
9 posts
Nomad

#1 - no idea
#2 - specific challenge/journey amulets unlock them. K-9 unlocks M-13 for instance
#3 - Your sentence makes no sense.. what is 'without easy'?
#4 - Continue the story and you'll find out :P

fractalman
fractalman
636 posts
Nomad

Mana generator gem is a L/O/x gem in labyrinth. the x may be anything, including "null" (just a lime/orange gem). unlike in chapter 0, where a mere grade 3 R/O was sufficient to generate gobs of mana (if supergemmed properly), you have to get to around grade 10 or so before the mana gain from the gem starts to be insane

...I win new fields, but my difficulty stems from my old habits of intense angering, which keeps getting me in trouble. (102 monsters with 2000 hp and 300 armor, would've meant nothing to me in chapter 0, but killed me here since I'm not strong enough to establish a mana generator.)

vesperbot
vesperbot
955 posts
Nomad

1. A mana generator is indeed a single L/O/anything gem. You need to start on a level with L or O to have an easier start with this. But if you would start with O only, or you would have a wild gem (I don't have access to the skill yet), it gives some mana and could even appear as L/O, so just use this

2. Do challenges and collect journey amulets. If you are not premium, it's quite possible that you won't be able to unlock corners.

3. Yes, I think, at least I have troubles in opening fields - I have once resorted to having a level run with swarm only, otherwise I couldn't win the level - even at 1.00 difficulty. However, the farther into the game, the easier it could become, especially if you will learn how to build mana generators with a good initial setup.

4. Haven't found them yet.

BaneWilliams
BaneWilliams
9 posts
Nomad

I was going to disagree with you on point #2 - then I realised that premium opens up unlimited waves. Some of the challenges are impossible without that.

Coolhhhwip
Coolhhhwip
2 posts
Nomad

Need help with M9 Strat. Its doing my head in!

BaneWilliams
BaneWilliams
9 posts
Nomad

http://i54.tinypic.com/ajnog7.jpg

Coolhhhwip - there you go. Skill wise, max bloodhound and try to get the one up left of bloodhound maxed also. the second tower is for swarm waves - make sure there is another tower there.

You'll notice I haven't used my wild - yes it's a little easier for me, because of some of my skills - but I did this at a fairly low level the first run through without any problems.

You will have difficulties with finishing it without an enemy reaching your orb - don't worry about it, and make sure you have some mana spared. later waves are quite easy.

Coolhhhwip
Coolhhhwip
2 posts
Nomad

Cheers mate worked like a charm

xoarr
xoarr
8 posts
Nomad

@fractalman
@vesperbot
Thanks a lot guys, CпаÑибо!
@banewilliams - "without easy" means "without ease", it's all about thinking what I wanted to tell
regs
M

travcm
travcm
8 posts
Shepherd

it's much more difficult, but you can obtain any of the challenge amulets without buying premium

vesperbot
vesperbot
955 posts
Nomad

can you really get the first one which says defeat wave 100 (D10? well, there is only one challenge prior to the first pylon, which is the one in question), while not having endurance available?

BaneWilliams
BaneWilliams
9 posts
Nomad

No vesperbot, you cannot - hence travcm is talking out his butt.

It is impossible *read that* to reach wave 100 without having used a modifier to get to wave 100 - the only modifier that does that is unlimited, which is premium only.

Showing 61-75 of 374