ForumsWEPRRegular's Lounge III

94 18548
Tydus
Tydus
230 posts
Nomad

This thread is for non-serious discussion for people who are devoted to Armor Games and make a point to come here often. There's no rules to how many Armor Points you need or how many posts, it's just about being a Flash Gamer and wanting to chat with others. I do ask, however, that you follow these rules as well as the TOS that Armor Games requires.

1. No Flaming (Remand Kind!)
2. No Asking For Help/Support.
3. Don't curse more than acceptable.
4. Respect all modserators/admins if they post.
5. No page stretching, random bumps, or posts with little to no point.
6. HAVE FUN!

Reminder: Just because we all play Flash games doesn't mean that's the only thing that should be discussed in this thread. This is more of a "lounge" (as the name suggest) and all topics are welcome. If more than one topic is being discussed at once, feel free to post a "RE: Topic X" header in bold. It's entirely optional, but it will help to make a cleaner thread.

• 94 Replies
Asherlee
Asherlee
5,001 posts
Shepherd

I know...couldn't have guessed I'd hate authority!

I feel ya on the draft. I would die...

Strop
Strop
10,816 posts
Bard

I've never considered doing any kind of military service whatsoever. Strangely enough the reasons for this are entirely separate from my considerations as to why I wouldn't wish to enlist, so you get both!

WHY I NEVER CONSIDERED:

* My mind has always been set on studying medicine first and foremost. Now that I am, my mind is still set on medicine, apparently towards becoming a clinical psychiatrist/neuropsychiatrist.

* I never saw myself having anything to do directly with war, with the exception of contemplating involvement in Medicins Sans Frontieres, which means I would be a civilian working in a war-zone, but not an active military unit.

WHY I WOULDN'T WANT TO ENLIST:

* Although I'm fine with authority and can understand the rationale of sacrifice and submission for the greater cause, I'm going with Asherlee on this one: the military institution as I see it is still far too chauvinistic and heteronormative for me.

* To that end, I...well...have too much going on elsewhere to consider it now! To join might actually help complement and expand my skillsets in a way I consider valuable but it may also come at an opportunity cost- it would detract from my particular agenda as it stands now.

Overall: All my life I've always been singled out for censure and discrimination when I was unable to choose my environments. Nowadays I can command respect by living in a simple kindness but if necessary with a demonstration of my various attributes...but nonetheless I'd dearly like to be able to do things on my own terms, particularly because I am seriously conflict-avoidant. I feel that if I joined any of the military branches I might be able to cope (physically I'd love it), but it's not something I'd be sure of thriving on.

There, I think that about covers it.

Strop
Strop
10,816 posts
Bard

Also, welcome back and congratulations. Hope your nose has healed up fine!

Tydus
Tydus
230 posts
Nomad

A.) Would you join the military, considering you are of age?

As much as I'd want to be part of something as big and rewarding as the army, I just don't think I'm cut out for the job. Due to my medical state, I can't function as well in an environment that is as physically demanding as the ones in training sessions. I know a lot of people who are in the army, and I respect them for what they do, but I just can't make it. =(

B.) Which branch?

I'd probably look for a job where I can get training for computers, something that I really want to make a full career.

C.) Would any of you be willing to try for SpecWar?

Once again, I would if I could.
SkullZero1
SkullZero1
511 posts
Nomad

A) I considered it before but, im too much of a coward and I like living and even the thought that I have people shooting at me for a living didn't seem to safe.
B) I don't know too much about the branches but I would join whichever branch I would get to fight on the frontlines with a rifle.
C) I don't know what that is but if I did join the millitary I think I would.

SkullZero1
SkullZero1
511 posts
Nomad

A) I considered it before but, im too much of a coward and I like living and even the thought that I have people shooting at me for a living didn't seem to safe.
B) I don't know too much about the branches but I would join whichever branch I would get to fight on the frontlines with a rifle.
C) I don't know what that is but if I did join the millitary I think I would.

Ichibon
Ichibon
136 posts
Peasant

My bad guys. I didn't mean to but the and was thrown on and it messed everything up. This should work.

http://www.seal.navy.mil/swcc/

Ichibon
Ichibon
136 posts
Peasant

Just copy and paste. It is a valid site, I don't know why it isn't doing right.

Ichibon
Ichibon
136 posts
Peasant

I can't believe that I'm now triple posting. I have been thinking it over, and, I believe I'm going to start a "club" within Armor Games for the gamer on this site who wants more than gaming. This will be for the gamer who not only is educated enough to hold down an intelligent discussion in the forums, but, who also can help the mods eleviate spam and users who break the rules and get away with it.

I haven't discussed this with Asherleem, Moe, or Carlie yet because I would like some opinions or ideas on the topic. Mods, your input would be most valuable.

Strop
Strop
10,816 posts
Bard

Mmm...thing about clubs and online communities, in my experience, is that there's a lot more risk of "me too"-ism...anything standardized is subject to exploitation and so it is with clubs that are formed for a purpose: the prestige they confer by virtue of their exclusivity (helpful AND intelligent!) tends to be a real draw card for precisely the kind of people that one might wish to keep trimmed from the ranks.

So I think rather than making it official, we could keep it rather unofficial and maybe even a bit underground. Have organisation and infrastructure but without posting the status signifiers on your profile etc. There seem to be a hundred and one clubs on here already (maybe I'm being prejudiced because of my exposure to exactly the same dynamics elsewhere) and I'm not sure just how effective any of them are apart from saying that one is "in a club with some claim to prestige". How organised must we be to get rid of spam without 'spamming' ourselves?

anailator23
anailator23
87 posts
Nomad

I agree with Strop, also easiest way to help the mods get rid of spammers is simply to flag them

DragonMistress
DragonMistress
1,058 posts
Blacksmith

I strongly dislike the idea of clubs in general, as I have yet to see a point. Why do we need a club of intelligent individuals when we can just interact with each other anyway? A real club has meetings, goals, etc, and it's hard to do that here with this sort of community. Also, with an agenda such as what is described, we would have to be very selective and probably not allow many people in.

killertron
killertron
56 posts
Nomad

www.goldenggate.hu

THE LAST STAND 3!!!

actually, no. Some random Hungarian website. Do not go unless you want to DIE!

Nerdius
Nerdius
420 posts
Nomad

OK, I went on the site, and the link doesn't work. Why can't anybody commit suicide nowadays?!? Sike, just joking, but the link really doesn't work.

LiL_GaNgSta_BlAzE
LiL_GaNgSta_BlAzE
2,269 posts
Jester

Good to be back!!! WHOOOOOOOOOO!.....Arrgh i come back, and there is no topic in the disscusion right now! SHAME!

I agree with Strop, also easiest way to help the mods get rid of spammers is simply to flag them

Ahh I agree, but flagging should be improved, I mean I had to flag a comment more then 10 times befor it finilly left my page!
Showing 76-90 of 94