ForumsWEPRRegular's Lounge III

94 18546
Tydus
Tydus
230 posts
Nomad

This thread is for non-serious discussion for people who are devoted to Armor Games and make a point to come here often. There's no rules to how many Armor Points you need or how many posts, it's just about being a Flash Gamer and wanting to chat with others. I do ask, however, that you follow these rules as well as the TOS that Armor Games requires.

1. No Flaming (Remand Kind!)
2. No Asking For Help/Support.
3. Don't curse more than acceptable.
4. Respect all modserators/admins if they post.
5. No page stretching, random bumps, or posts with little to no point.
6. HAVE FUN!

Reminder: Just because we all play Flash games doesn't mean that's the only thing that should be discussed in this thread. This is more of a "lounge" (as the name suggest) and all topics are welcome. If more than one topic is being discussed at once, feel free to post a "RE: Topic X" header in bold. It's entirely optional, but it will help to make a cleaner thread.

• 94 Replies
Strop
Strop
10,816 posts
Bard

That's a bit myopic, anailator23. It doesn't take into account at all the detailed policy plans for a "strategic withdrawal" timetable that I know at least Obama has outlined.

Furthermore, what makes you think that McCain can "turn the war in Iraq around"? I was under the impression that other Republican voters were more willing to lump him in with the "they'll ruin the war-effort" camp.

Tydus
Tydus
230 posts
Nomad

Sorry to butt in, but...

A lot of people have suggested a "dream ticket" of Obama/Clinton or Clinton/Obama. Am I the only one who sees the flaws in that? I mean, a government should always work together, and with two distinct personalities it could be a disaster. At a time like this, especially, we should all work together to solve problems, and that would be a step in the wrong direction for sure.

Strop
Strop
10,816 posts
Bard

Okay, if you could explain in more detail why you think that'd be disaster, that would be great.

I'm not as familiar with US politics as most of you here should be.

(omg, look at the ranking thingy! It appears to be in its beta stages right now, but how awesome is that!)

crazynaitor
crazynaitor
2,611 posts
Jester

Strop the icon is gone.

anailator23
anailator23
87 posts
Nomad

i am sad to see that barely any republican even up holds republican values anymore

Strop
Strop
10,816 posts
Bard

@ Crazy- so I noticed. It must be undergoing retuning.

@ Anailator- what on earth are Republican values?

Ichibon
Ichibon
136 posts
Peasant

Hey guys. Sorry I've been a while but things happen. The NVAY can be a d*uche when it comes to my personal life. Thanks for the b-day nods, and without further adoo.

Clinton. Obama. Obama. Clinton. Dems. Reps. Here the thing. The pairing wouldn't work because she calls him an elitist and he's to reserved to outright stamp a label. I personally think it's a good tactic on his part. Another reason is, she is trying to change her face too much. What I mean is, one day she pulling a page from the Reps book by appealing to the blue collar demographic. Next she's putting on her best camasole and appealing to womens right. Then she's smoking the super delegates pole to squirt a backer or two.

Obama on the other hand, is still cdealing with his former pastore, his strange background investigations by the bloody christian(no offense), and the blue collars. He's also about to 1 state away from throwing out the race card.

I my opinion, they should run together. But, want in one hand an $#!t in the other and see which one fills up first.

Oh and Anailator, I know what you mean about republican values, but I think that most of them are full of $#!t. Not many of them know what it's like to truly be blue collar, or show real religious value, besides greed. Don't get me wrong, I don't like the Dems either right now.

Ichibon
Ichibon
136 posts
Peasant

* NAVY, sorry for thee rant and dub posting, but I've been gone awhile. Sue me.

Nerdius
Nerdius
420 posts
Nomad

I have decided to save this forum and post once again. Anyway, I know that Clinton and Obama would never work, but it would be very historic. Besides, I don't know who will be the vice prez for her. A woman or a man. Also, if she wins, what will Bill be? The first man? Another thing, if Clinton wins, it will be four straight elections/terms that a Busch/Clinton won. Now, if Obama wins, who will be his vice prez?

DragonMistress
DragonMistress
1,058 posts
Blacksmith

I think its pretty over for Clinton at this point, which I'm OK with. Over the last few weeks Ive begun to get along better with Obama.

Moegreche for VP.

homegrove
homegrove
325 posts
Peasant

I am SO (cannot express how much in words) glad that it is basically over for Clinton, and I respectfully hope she does not get back in the lead. No offense to all Clinton fans, but she really just seems like a calus, sinister woman. At least Obama appears to be an alright guy, just by his personality.

Strongbow
Strongbow
324 posts
Nomad

I am fine with personality, but Im more interested in results this time around. Any candidate can have a dazzling smile and a firm handshake but have a backbone made of noodles. It looks as though Hillary is nearly finished, but that means that Obama had better come up with some real plans on how to deal with the issues.

Megamickel
Megamickel
902 posts
Peasant

Or he can not do that. I'd rather have McCain in office simply because I lean so far right a breeze could push me over and he's the best choice I have. Granted, he's WAAAAY too liberal to be calling himself a republican imho. We need RON PAUL. Mostly because he pushes citizenship as NOT being based simply on birth, and I strongly agree with that.

Strongbow
Strongbow
324 posts
Nomad

@Megamickel: I agree. McCain is certainly not off of my list at this point.

I, myself, am an immigrant. I arrived here, worked my way through citizenship, (thankfully before 911), have paid my taxes and contributed to my community. I have also unfortunately seen far too many natural citizens abuse programs designed as a temporary means of stabilization. It is truly a shame.

Megamickel
Megamickel
902 posts
Peasant

Welfare - the government taking care of you so you don't have to.

We need a system that gives HELP - not money - to people in need. Help finding work, help getting on their feet. Not "here's your cash, see you next month." Hell, it would also create jobs for the people, let them work in the offices. I'm not saying never give the people any money, but make it part of a larger program that would actually help the economy and the population instead of harming it. Of course, this would require a very strong central government to accomplish... Getting to much into the &quotublic welfare" branch of my Ideal Nation, though. Look for it at your bookstore sometime in the next three months to three years.

Showing 46-60 of 94