ForumsWEPRRegular's Lounge III

94 18543
Tydus
Tydus
230 posts
Nomad

This thread is for non-serious discussion for people who are devoted to Armor Games and make a point to come here often. There's no rules to how many Armor Points you need or how many posts, it's just about being a Flash Gamer and wanting to chat with others. I do ask, however, that you follow these rules as well as the TOS that Armor Games requires.

1. No Flaming (Remand Kind!)
2. No Asking For Help/Support.
3. Don't curse more than acceptable.
4. Respect all modserators/admins if they post.
5. No page stretching, random bumps, or posts with little to no point.
6. HAVE FUN!

Reminder: Just because we all play Flash games doesn't mean that's the only thing that should be discussed in this thread. This is more of a "lounge" (as the name suggest) and all topics are welcome. If more than one topic is being discussed at once, feel free to post a "RE: Topic X" header in bold. It's entirely optional, but it will help to make a cleaner thread.

• 94 Replies
Strongbow
Strongbow
324 posts
Nomad

@Megamickel: Perfect! Thank you for the tip

I believe the welfare system is a very good idea on paper. Its great fallicy lies in its lack of a ceiling. There should be a cap on welfare, or perhaps a provision that should you be on it, you must be required to provide community service..TRACKABLE community service. This would, at least to myself, keep complacency at a minimum,
(not to mention it would give those front-porch rocking chairs a well deserved rest

Megamickel
Megamickel
902 posts
Peasant

Communism is a very good idea on paper. Democracy is a very good idea on paper. The thing is, paper doesn't take human emotions, human greed, human fallacies into account. It's purely logical. Unfortunately, people aren't so logical.

Strongbow
Strongbow
324 posts
Nomad

I agree. People seem to have this uncanny addiction to ideological self-preservation. It would be far too simplistic to call it ego. The world is such a small place anymore. Its truly not suprising that we step on each others toes these days. The true challenge lies not in the question of can we live together, but how we must.

kingryan
kingryan
4,196 posts
Farmer

Wow! This stuff here is very deep. Everyone seems to have a good mind.
Keep up the good thoughts!
KingRyan

anailator23
anailator23
87 posts
Nomad

ok my parents arn't very fond of video games,

I bought the Orange Box from Valve, i installed the games. My brother and i became very fond of the game TF2(Team Fortress 2). It is a mature game and my bro is ten. Now they want me to take it off cause they don't like him playing it. Its not my fault that he's playing it and i shouldn't be penalized for his actions. What should i do?

Megamickel
Megamickel
902 posts
Peasant

They're your parents, they're the ones in charge. You need to accept their authority and listen. Explain your case to them, tell your brother not to play it anymore, and if they still want you to remove it, then I guess you're out fifty bucks.

Strongbow
Strongbow
324 posts
Nomad

I agree with Megamickel. Understanding their point of view is as important as their understanding yours. Explain your point of view, perhaps a compromise can be reached. But in any case, they are your parents and have your brothers best interest in mind, (and perhaps yours as well)

Nerdius
Nerdius
420 posts
Nomad

Just say, "OK lil' bro, for 5 days no TF2, then if mom and dad are gone, maybeI'll let you pay for 50$" also have him act as if he never wants to play the game again. This will make you money. Sorry, I couldn't help myself from cracking a joke. So yeah, uhhhh, how did a talk about politics turn into "My parents are mad" can anyone explain this. And oh yeah, I like to get a little credit for reviving this forum, I thought I did a good deed.

Tydus
Tydus
230 posts
Nomad

Sorry for neglecting the Regular's Lounge the past couple of days, I've been really busy.

I have two logos for us to vote on, both of them AWESOME! I'll upload them when I get home from school.

Ichibon
Ichibon
136 posts
Peasant

Hey everybody! I've been gone for a couple weeks and here's why. I've been training for a year or so now to go to this NAVY program called SWCC. Here's a link to it. http://www.seal.navy.mil/swcc/

And 2 weeks ago I tested for it, and I'm in. Now I'm awaiting orders to go for training. Now, during the testing I had a problem taking in oxygen through my nose on the run. I usually run a mile and a half in between 9:00-10:00 minutes, depending on track and elevation. During the test I ran it 12:46 and for me, that is total $h!te.

So I went to the doctor and was informed that I needed surgery on my nose to open my appartenly closed off left nostril, which I had done yesterday. But now I'm back. During these couple of weeks I've had some things rolling in my mind that I would like to know about the regs and other random useres, A.) Would you join the military, considering you are of age? B.) Which branch? C.) Would any of you be willing to try for SpecWar?

Moegreche
Moegreche
3,827 posts
Duke

I thought about joining the Coast Guard for awhile. It's really the only branch of the military that I could see myself in. But I'm a terrible swimmer...
I just don't think that would've worked out!

whatever
whatever
55 posts
Nomad

First of all that page doesn't load and I don't think I would join the military. But if I would I think I'd be on the research branch. And I haven't got the slightest idea what SpecWar is.

DragonMistress
DragonMistress
1,058 posts
Blacksmith

The link doesn't work because the 'and' on the next sentence is linked too, but you can just copy/paste the address, no big deal. In answer to the questions...

A) Erm, nu. Not of my own free will, at least. If I were to have, I would have by now. I have other aspirations and they do not include those, I am so lucky that there are great men and women who have the interest in doing that, so that I do not have to! ^.^

B) Were I to join... well. I don't know much about the branches. It might be interesting to do research or something, I have a friend who trained to be a translator, and that sounds kind of interesting. I'm really a hippie/pacifist at heart, I'm not really a fighter.

C) No, it sounds scary. I'm a wimp, sorry ^.^

Glad to see you're back, Ichi!

Asherlee
Asherlee
5,001 posts
Shepherd

Glad you are back, too!

But to answer this as well. I would first like to say I admire anyone who is in the military because I couldn't do it. Why couldn't I?

1. I am not willing to compromise my sexuality for an institution.

2. I don't do well with authority.

DragonMistress
DragonMistress
1,058 posts
Blacksmith

Asherlee? Doesn't respond well to authority? I never would have guessed... *wipes the sarcastic drip off of her lips and giggles*

I'm just really glad that all of my boyfriends have had some sort of physical problem or family issue that makes them unable to be drafted... not that there is a draft, but if there was, I would go insane with anxiety if they were gone...

Showing 61-75 of 94