ForumsPopular MediaDelossantosj's Song of the Week!

192 84632
delossantosj
delossantosj
6,680 posts
Nomad

Welcome to Delossantosjâs Song of the Week!! (mod approved)
In this thread I will post a song every week that deserves a shot in the spotlight! There will song lyrics, and most likely the music video or such to the song.
The song must be new(ish). 1.5-2 years back as a limit pending on how popular the song actually was.
I will take ANY songs for request on my page in the comments section, but just know that if only you have requested that song, odds are it wonât be picked. If youâd like me to post a song that you think deserves it, then try and get some supporters and followers!
Feel free to comment or state positive criticism to the song and tell me if you guys think itâs a good song or not!
ALL GENRES ARE ACCEPTED HERE!

SONG OF THE WEEK: Ropes-Foo Fighters

with the foo fighters new single off there number selling album that HASNT EVEN COME OUT YET i feel like this song deserves a win for this first week.

with epic guitar riffs, kick butt drumming, and strong dave vocals this song has everything going for it.

link to song to listen

lyrics:
This indecision got me climbing up the walls
I've been cheating gravity and waiting on the falls
How did this come over me, I thought I was above it all
Our hopes gone up in smoke, swallow your crown

On a kiss, I thought I'd save my breath for you

Give me some rope I'm coming loose, I'm hanging on you
Give me some rope I'm coming loose, I'm pulling for you now
Give me some rope I'm coming, out of my head, into the clear when you, go,
I, go, No

These premonitions got me crying up a storm

Leave your condition, this position does no harm

I, go, No

I, go, No

• 192 Replies
delossantosj
delossantosj
6,680 posts
Nomad

I just thought id let everyone know that id be posting either a new song of the week tonight, or tomorrow. im not sure yet.

the big UFC fight is on tonight and im gunna go partying after that so probably tommorrow.

thought id let you know so you can watch for it

delossantosj
delossantosj
6,680 posts
Nomad

NEW SONG OF THE WEEK

SONG OF THE WEEK

this weeks song of the week is off of the bands 2'nd album. a very highly acclaimed one as well, and rightfully so. it is one of the most beautifull albums ive ever heard. while this is only one song, i STRONGLY recomend the rest of this album

Song of the week: Grown Ocean-by Fleet Foxes

RUNNER UP

The runner up this week also had a song from the same album as the song of the week a couple weeks ago. Great album for hardcore fans, very very very talented band.

runner up: Consider it Mutual-by The Word Alive

FEATURED SONG

This weeks featured song is a song i really enjoyed on pandora the other day.

Buttons-by the weeks

KrissKhan
KrissKhan
271 posts
Farmer

I enjoy the runner up of this week idk why, it reminds me BFMV on their begining and Black Veil Brides ^^

The other two songs are not at all my kind of music ^_^'

master565
master565
4,107 posts
Nomad

One of the better songs I've heard recently, the harmonies are great but i found the singers voice slightly annoying.

MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,746 posts
King

I've missed a lot of songs since I've been gone... so it's time to catch up! =D

Here we go...

September 6, 2011

# Red Jumpsuit Apparatus - Reap : This is worth exploring! Simply AWESOME!! I guess I have a new band to check into because of your suggestion! THANX! =D

# All Time Low - Time Bomb : Nice paced rock song, kinda reminds me of a mash up between Blink 182 and Simple Plan! Again, something worth looking into! THANX again! =)
B.t.w... did you know that when you look at some of their band pics REALLY quick, the bands singer looks a little like you?

# Fun - All The Pretty Girls : My first impression was 'too sweet', but I pulled through the whole song and... still think it's too sweet... plus I think the singer's voice is quite annoying after some time... meh... =/

September 14, 2011

# Dream Theater - Lost Not Forgotten : It starts off sounding like Beethoven, but then quickly turns into a Metal Symphony. The idea is fantastic, but DT never pleased my musical needs like most bands using those fast paced symphonic guitar riffs... it's something I might like when heard in a suitable enviroment, say... in my fav pub among good friends enjoying a Guiness! But home alone? Hmmm... no... sorry... =(

# Benny Benassi ft. Skrillex - Cinema : Nice Drum 'n Bass song from a famous dance music producer! Lyrics are short but strong, which are often lacking in most of these songs. They nailed it with this one though! This could make for great gaming music! And that's positively meant! =D

# Bombay Bicycle Club - Shuffle : Music that makes you feel good! Slowly flowing through the room, great for a relaxing moment! And I think they are Dutch? I've seen shots of AMsterdam in the video if I'm correct... right? Have to look that one up. =)

September 25, 2011

# Fleet Foxes - Grown Ocean : It somehow can't please me... even after hearing it completely... somehow all I can think of is weird-hippy-dreamy-slow-arty-meh... not my style and couldn't put a smile on my face... sorry! =/

# The Word Alive - Consider It Mutual : This was GREAT! I loved the strong bass underlining in the song, then slowly building up to a machinefire of music! Sounds a little like Linkin' Park meets Slipknot... even the mask on the album cover fits! =)

# Weeks - Buttons : This is a really nice song, but it takes a REALLY long buildup (2 minutes plus) to finally come to a bloom... that might keep people from holding on to the end of it. =/
And I have to point out that the guy on vocals should really stop swallowing half his words, which I found really annoying! The end reminded me of a slightly faster paced version of Albatross by Fleetwood Mac... =)

There! Those were some nice suggestions delos! Thanx for that! Looking forward to your next batch coming soon! =D

delossantosj
delossantosj
6,680 posts
Nomad

alrighty, sorry i havent done one of these in a while. sometimes i get busy you know?

well here it is.

NEW SONG OF THE WEEK

the song of the week this week is from a punk rock band that is a pretty influential band right now when it comes to keeping punk alive. this is off the album white crosses from 2010. fairly simple song, i like it a lot.

SONG OF THE WEEKI was a Teenage Anarchist-by Against Me!

The runner up song is off of the new "The Hunter" album. my favorite song off the album and probably my favorite music video from the band.

Runner UpDeathbound-by Mastodon

The runner up song is a song by an artist that my dear friend alt showed me. very chill hip-hop with some beautiful lyrics behind it.

luv (sic.)-by Nujabes ft. Shing02

dudeguy45
dudeguy45
2,920 posts
Peasant

The instrumentals for luv (sic.) were good, the guy's voice just didn't work.

KrissKhan
KrissKhan
271 posts
Farmer

I didn't enjoy the song of the week, it's too repetitiv for me and not enough heavy x)

I won't say anything about Mastodon's song... \\m/

luv (sic.) is awsome =O I don't use to listen to this kind of music but it's very groovy

KrissKhan
KrissKhan
271 posts
Farmer

What do you mean by pain ? (if it's not a spam -.-)

delossantosj
delossantosj
6,680 posts
Nomad

NEW SONG OF THE WEEK

You want some heavy songs? alright ill hook you up. look at the first song and the last song.

Todays song of the week is off of a newer album that came out a few months ago. in my friend circle it was a big deal to them.

Song of the week: Composed of Stone-by The Crimson Armada

The runner up band i believe has had song of the weeks before. they are a very talented group of individuals musically not to mention the singer is a BEAST. yes he is a guy. what'chu know about falsetto?!

RUNNER UP:If you Can't Hang-by Sleeping With Sirens

The featured song is also fairly new, not as new as the song of the week and the runner up, but 2010 new......bad *** breakdowns.....

FEATURED SONG:Jumanji-by Attila

KrissKhan
KrissKhan
271 posts
Farmer

The singer of Crimson Armada is really good =o I'll listen to other songs from this band

Sleeping with Sirens... Yes Kellin is a beast, he has trained a lot and underwent painful things. People have to respect him for that but unfortunately, they haven't -.-
Well, I don't enjoy the way he sings ^^" (And I know that Falsetto is the range frequency above a normal voice).
BTW the instrumental part, I agree, they are very talented. The Guitar fills are very melodic

I don't like Attila so... ^.^

AvengedSevenfold11
AvengedSevenfold11
529 posts
Nomad

Last week was awsome Death BOund has a very funny video! :P ill try to stay tuned with this thread more deloss!

AvengedSevenfold11
AvengedSevenfold11
529 posts
Nomad

Now for this week... |Composed of stone is freiking awsome!!

I didnt really likeif you cant hang, dont know why, i normally like These Pop Punk mixing with metal bands.

delossantosj
delossantosj
6,680 posts
Nomad

NEW SONG OF THE WEEK

alrighty time to hit yo faces with a couple new songs! i actually have been doing a lot of 2011 music research and come across some real golds.

some gold old fashion indie music about to be thrown your way

SONG OF THE WEEK

This weeks song of the week is from what i believe to be the bands first official full length album, and it is deffinatly an amazing one. one of my favorites all year.

Some Children-by Holy Ghost

RUNNER UP
This song IS off of a bands debut album and these guys (after doing a little research) are loaded with grammys it seems 0_o. not on this band, but in past projects.

Meantime-by Givers

FEATURED SONG

also a new song off of a debut album. very amazing song and video. interesting band indeed

Go Outside-by Cults

ide4749
ide4749
310 posts
Nomad

woah woah whoah delossontosj u have ur own thread btw how do u get it 2 me big and have a bullet next 2 it mine has more replies anyway i confused????? BTW explain this on my file page and i think song of week should b how to love

Showing 121-135 of 192