ForumsPopular MediaDelossantosj's Song of the Week!

192 84634
delossantosj
delossantosj
6,680 posts
Nomad

Welcome to Delossantosjâs Song of the Week!! (mod approved)
In this thread I will post a song every week that deserves a shot in the spotlight! There will song lyrics, and most likely the music video or such to the song.
The song must be new(ish). 1.5-2 years back as a limit pending on how popular the song actually was.
I will take ANY songs for request on my page in the comments section, but just know that if only you have requested that song, odds are it wonât be picked. If youâd like me to post a song that you think deserves it, then try and get some supporters and followers!
Feel free to comment or state positive criticism to the song and tell me if you guys think itâs a good song or not!
ALL GENRES ARE ACCEPTED HERE!

SONG OF THE WEEK: Ropes-Foo Fighters

with the foo fighters new single off there number selling album that HASNT EVEN COME OUT YET i feel like this song deserves a win for this first week.

with epic guitar riffs, kick butt drumming, and strong dave vocals this song has everything going for it.

link to song to listen

lyrics:
This indecision got me climbing up the walls
I've been cheating gravity and waiting on the falls
How did this come over me, I thought I was above it all
Our hopes gone up in smoke, swallow your crown

On a kiss, I thought I'd save my breath for you

Give me some rope I'm coming loose, I'm hanging on you
Give me some rope I'm coming loose, I'm pulling for you now
Give me some rope I'm coming, out of my head, into the clear when you, go,
I, go, No

These premonitions got me crying up a storm

Leave your condition, this position does no harm

I, go, No

I, go, No

• 192 Replies
Kasic
Kasic
5,556 posts
Jester

You mean what type of songs he (delossantosj) wants you to suggest for his thread?

No, I mean what type of songs these are.

Do It Now Remember It Later - Sleeping With Sirens
"Caves" - Chiodos
Up All Night - blink-182

As said above, I've never really listened to music at all, and I have no idea what genre or w/e these are, and I'd like to look into it a bit further. I don't know where to start though, so I would like if someone could tell me specific traits of these songs so I know what to look for.
MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,746 posts
King

Oh, ok... gotcha! Well here are the genres of these three bands and a link to their Wiki-page! =)

# Sleeping with Sirens is 'American Post-Hardcore' (WikiPedia)

# Chiodos is also 'American Post-Hardcore' (WikiPedia)

# Blink 182 is 'Pop/Punk-Rock' (WikiPedia)

Hope it's what you're looking for!

---

I don't know if delossantosj is ok with it, but I found a new song that fits the thread perfectly and would have surely been posted by him if he were active! I hope he will return active again real soon! =/

Here it is...

Freestylers featuring Ami Carmine - Over you

So... do you love it or hate it? And why? =D

ilberic
ilberic
858 posts
Jester

Ok, that was severely bizarre. I can't even remember the music as I'm typing this due to the unbelievably odd video. It was like a train wreck, awful, but I couldn't look away. I don't like that house/techno whatever you want to call it stuff anyway. Her voice is a bit grating to me. She's got an interesting look is about all the &quotositive" i can say about that song/video.

SAVAGE_HQ
SAVAGE_HQ
5 posts
Nomad

some of these songs are goood

MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,746 posts
King

@ ilberic : are you talking about the video I posted? Or was it about another video delossantosj posted a while ago in his weekly upload? Kind of lost here... =/

And I saw he's active again... at least for 1 post in the 'BotB' again! Let's see if there will be another Song of the Week post! YAY! =D

ilberic
ilberic
858 posts
Jester

was talking about the video that you posted Day.. just all kinds of creepy and weird.. what do they have against ducks? ducks are decent people..

MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,746 posts
King

ducks are decent people..

LOL Yes, that was what, at times, made me raise an eyebrow or two... or three, or four! =P

I guess it's a video that should have had a warning attached to it...

# WARNING! Explicit duck content!
This video might contain images of severe duck-harming that can be seen as extremely offensive to those in loving of such plastic articles and/or animals and/or toys.

*grin*
Zeus01
Zeus01
37 posts
Nomad

DeadMau5- Meow (Skrillex Remix)

MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,746 posts
King

DeadMau5- Meow (Skrillex Remix)

Sorry Zeus01... but this is not a thread to post suggestions for music you like... actually it has been quiet with new entries by delossantosj for Songs of the Week, but if you like Deadmau5 you should make a separate thread with that topic!
delossantosj
delossantosj
6,680 posts
Nomad

Well alrighty. is has been awhile. so i guess i should post maybe 5 or 6 songs for you guys. lord knows i have them haha.

NEW SONG OF THE WEEK

Well now that i'm back and atleast semi active, i should probably post some songs for you guys so here we go.

im not going to give these songs any titles like song of the week or runner up, but i will give a featured song of one song older than my 2 year mark.

Song 1: Say Anything-Burn a Miracle

this song is very interesting, the music aspect of it is alright at the most i'd say but what really gave me that spark of interest was Max Bemis's (lead singer and founder) amazing lyrics. this man really did out do himself on this song.

Song 2: Childish Gambino-The Power

Rapper, singer, writer, producer, actor, Donald Glover truly does it all. this man with his official debut rap album really hit it big for me. this album is true brilliance. This song being my favorite off the album is really interesting. while he goes and does his awesome rap thing that he does, it then turns into a story that is reeeaaaly good. i think everyone will enjoy this song.

Song 3: Bon Iver-Halocene

With his recent upset at the grammys, i figured id throw him in here, not to mention how much i actually do love this song of course. for those who dont know, Bon iver (pronouced: Bone Evare) or otherwise known as bonnie bear, just recently took one of the biggest upsets in grammy history. the only upset i can even think that was bigger than this, was esparanza spalding winning best new artist at last years grammys. but Bon iver was nominated for best new artist with artists such as nikki minaj, the band perry, J-Cole, and Skrillex. So naturally you have all the musically ignorant people shouting some of the most retarded things youve ever heard.

But this song and album are beautiful, truly beautiful.

Song 4: The Color Morale-Nerve Endings

This band is quite an interesting band if you are into metalcore. they have an AMAZING singer. not only is man doing some pretty kick *** screaming, he has a GORGEOUS voice. The way i found this band was i saw that they are playing at a show im going to on the 31'st of march. they are the opening band so i figured "hey, why not check them out". since then i have fallen in love.

Song 5: Amyst-Rolling in the Deep

This is probably one of the best covers i have ever heard. i originally found it from a talk show that adele was doing in london and the host was talking to her about some of the remixes of some of her songs, thus this cover being brought up and played on the air for her to hear... lets just say her reaction was hilarious.

when i heard the little snipit that they played, i was like, "dang that actually sounds pretty tight" so after doing some research, i found it and have listened to it a ton since.

Song 6: Van Halen-Shes the Woman

Haha i absolutely love van halen. eddie is the MAN. my favorite song off the new album.

FEATURED SONG: HORSE the Band-Cutsman

Speaking of Van Halen, this band is sort of a cross between a thrash band, van halen, and your common metalcore song. It starts off with some bad *** synth and some cool thrash metal guitar and cool melodies. then it all shuts off into some more cool synth and possibly one of the best breakdowns ive ever heard, then a sort of funky groovy lick, and then an ever TIGHTER breakdown. make sure you listen to the whole song.

CUT CUT CUT CUT!!!

delossantosj
delossantosj
6,680 posts
Nomad

just a little addtion to my notes on bon iver.

i'm not quite sure why bon iver was nominated in that catagory in the first place. the bands first album came out 4 years ago and it was a raging success among the indie community.

delossantosj
delossantosj
6,680 posts
Nomad

alright time for a new song of the week. kind of dissapointed i didnt get everyones thoughts on the songs considering i posted like 7...

NEW SONG OF THE WEEK

Time to back to the old format that i used to do, with the song of the week, 1 or 2 runners up, and a featured song that is brand new to me personally.

just a side not please dont post songs on page that are older than october of 2010. they will not be shown unless i haven't heard of them, which most of the time isnt the case. (that wasnt a challenge, im just tired of people posting the most mainstream songs of 2005 on my wall expecting to sound like they know stuff).

anyways...

SONG OF THE WEEK

Some Nights-by FUN.

This band is SERIOUSLY breaking through here. this album is easily the best ive heard come out of 2012 so far, if the rest of the year is going to be as good as this, i can dig. especially considering how bad of a year 2011 was for music (by comparison to 2010).

RUNNER UP

Up and Away-by CANT STOP WONT STOP

This rapper is straight up beast. he sort of brings back that old school feel that eveyone loved in the late 80's. a very very likable song. if any of you would like to know, this song came out january of this year.

FEATURED SONG

The featured song for this week comes from the artist Sufjan Stevens. for those of you indie music junkies, this man is like a god. but for everyone else, you most likely havent heard of him.

i myself had heard a few of his songs my sophmore year but never made much of it, sort of blew it off and never dug deeper. i regret it. the song that i am about to share with you is a true indie masterpeice, and while it is extremely long for some of you (not for me, i listen to dream theater), it is worth the full listen.

Impossible sould- by SUFJAN STEVENS

MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,746 posts
King

Allright, here we go! =)

First the songs of last week! (February 15 post)

# Say Anything - Burn a Miracle
Good song with a nice alternative streak to it! Enjoyed this one! Only minor thing was the video that became annoying after a while because of the constant changing words and images... but a good song! =)

# Childish Gambino - The Power
Again a good song, this time in the Rap genre! It has some influences of Kanye West into it, which make a good flow! Sadly no video to the song... =/

# Bon Iver - Halocene
You're really a fan of this one, huh delos? And I can see/hear why! Beautiful song with a matching beautiful video! The scenery is simply stunning!! Keep these songs coming man! =)

# The Color Morale - Nerve Endings
Probably a good song, but too heavy for my taste... I really have to be 'in the zone' to appreciate this kind of songs... sorry! =/

# Amyst - Rolling in the Deep
Nice cover of the huge hit by Adele, but... I've got a counter-cover for you! How about THIS one?! =)

# Van Halen - She's the Woman
YUZ! YUZ!! YUUUUZZZZ!!! The man delivers a song by my favorite band!! It's a killer song from their fresh new album, allthough I have to say that I like "Big River" the best, simply because it portrays VH from the 'good old VH days' the best! Nothing beats a good riff by Eddie!
\\m//_ _\\m//

# Featured song : HORSE the Band-Cutsman
Oooo-kayyy... this my friend, is considered as and filed under "crap" in my book... sorry, but this is just a bunch of chaotic tunes with a raging singer. Definitely NOT my taste... EVEN if it has some VH influences... =(

That's all for the first batch, now I'm taking a look at the recent post you made! Coming back to you on that!

MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,746 posts
King

just a side not please dont post songs on page that are older than october of 2010

Was that intentionally 'october 2010' chosen? Because I think my songs suggested to you were all from August/September 2010... LOL Never mind!

On a side note: Van Halen's You and your Blues is another of my favorites from their new album! What's your opinion on that song? =)

---

Now, on with the second batch (February 25 post) of songs! =)

# Song of the Week : Some Nights by FUN
Nice catchy song that reminds me of a song used in the World Cup Soccer from a few years back, can't recall which edition though... think it was the last one in South Africa? =/
Anyways... it has a nice buildup to it! Good flow with excellent singers. Good choice! =)

# Runner up song : Up and Away by CANT STOP WONT STOP
Smooth rap song with an 80's touch to it, reminding me of 'MC Phryme' and 'King Bee' from the 80's in the Netherlands! Definitely my kind of rap! It's a keeper! =D

# Featured song : Impossible sould by SUFJAN STEVENS
Never heard of him before... I sat through the whole 25:35 minutes and have to say it got to me a little... nice vibe and soothing music that makes you want to lay back in fresh mowed grass looking up to blue skies, clouds passing by... simply relaxing man! What a trip! Nice one! =)

There... mission accomplished! What's next delos? New batch coming in this week, or will it be a little later this time since you posted two batches in a row?
dudeguy45
dudeguy45
2,920 posts
Peasant

Never heard of him before...

Sufjan soothes the soul.
Showing 151-165 of 192