Forums

ForumsPopular Media

"C.R.B.W.C." : the Classic Rock Bands World Cup!

Thread Locked

Posted May 3, '11 at 5:12pm

iamnotironman

iamnotironman

888 posts

Once again no reasoning.If you don't know any other of the bands listern to some of their songs.You never now until you try.

Posted May 3, '11 at 9:00pm

logantheking

logantheking

251 posts

I did look up and try the other bands. I still didn't like them very much.

Posted May 4, '11 at 12:52am

delossantosj

delossantosj

5,311 posts

you still need reasoning with your votes dude. not just "because they are awesome". show some of your musical knowledge and tell us WHY you like them so much

Posted May 5, '11 at 10:54pm

delossantosj

delossantosj

5,311 posts

no daycee deemed it not good enough of an explantion

Posted May 6, '11 at 11:08am

delossantosj

delossantosj

5,311 posts

yes you can. no reason whyy you cant, daycee isnt back yet so go ahead, i doubt itll much skew the votes that much

Posted May 8, '11 at 8:48pm

iamnotironman

iamnotironman

888 posts

DayCee's still not back yet?When I moved it was quicker than this.

Posted May 9, '11 at 3:07pm

MrDayCee

MrDayCee

8,764 posts

Seems that there hasn't been that much activity since my leave of absence because of my moving... hmmm... well, time to get some life back into this competition then!! =D

First things first... a final score round up for Group C is in order here. A big thanx to Delossantosj for picking up on my mistake with the vote count!

# Final score of votes counted in Group C :#

U2 : 34 (10 First votes / 4 Second votes) = WINNER!
Def Leppard : 14 (3 First votes / 5 Second votes)

Whitesnake : 10 (2 First votes / 4 Second votes)
Bad Company :  8 (2 First votes / 2 Second vote)
Rainbow :  7 (2 First votes / 1 Second vote)
The Cult :  1 (0 First votes / 1 Second vote)
Status Quo :  0 (0 First votes / 0 Second votes)

The final score count is with the exeptions of both second votes from 'logantheking' and 'nemo12'. Even though they didn't state their second choices, or chose to stick to only one band (which is allowed, no problem!), it's time to move on with the next group!

============================================================

This time around, we're presenting a group of bands that have a more melodic way of making Classic Rock music! Most of them are well known all over the world for their easy laid back music that calms and exites! Here we go... presenting:

http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5308/5650993131_17109dd326_b_d.jpg

Featured contestants and info (in random order):

# The Eagles Official Website / Wikipedia Article
__Example Songs: Take It Easy (1973), One Of These Nights (1975), Heartache Tonight (1979). (Let's see who notices the missing video here...)

# Steve Miller Band Official Website / Wikipedia Article
__Example Songs: The Joker (Space Cowboy) (1973), Rock'n Me (1976), Abracadabra (1982).

# Chicago Official Website / Wikipedia Article
__Example Songs: If You Leave Me Now (1976), You're The Inspiration (1984), Look Away (1988).

# Journey Official Website / Wikipedia Article
__Example Songs: Anyway You Want It (1980), Don't Stop Believing LIVE @ ARROW Classic Rock Festival 2008 (Original release: 1981), Separate Ways (Worlds Apart) (1983).

# Dire Straits Official Mark Knopfler Website / Wikipedia Article
__Example Songs: Sultans Of Swing (1978), Money For Nothing (1985), Walk Of Life (1986).

# Boston Official Website / Wikipedia Article
__Example Songs: More Than A Feeling (1976), Don't Look Back (1978), Amanda (1986).

# Poco Official Website / Wikipedia Article
__Example Songs: Crazy Love (1979), Call It Love (1989)Nothin To Hide (1989).

I hope this group will get the respect and vote count it deserves...

On your marks... get set... ready... eddie... steady... VOTE!!!

Posted May 9, '11 at 3:35pm

waluigi

waluigi

1,647 posts

You just had to make this such a hard battle. :D

My first vote shall be cast for The Eagles. They have so many classic songs, like Hotel California (missing video?) and The Sad Cafe. I was going to see these guys live, but when the dixie chicks are touring with them...barf.

My second vote gets cast for Boston. No other band have I heard that amazing guitar tone that they have. Not only this, but Brad Delp's voice is amazing. If only he were still alive (R.I.P.).

Posted May 9, '11 at 7:11pm

iamnotironman

iamnotironman

888 posts

First vote:Journey.Great,amazing songs.Maybe my favorite so far.I love Anyway You Want It and of course Don't Stop Believing.I might not vote again if they don't move on.

Second Vote:This is a tough one.Not really another band I really like.I'll go with the Steve Miller Band.Not to good but I've always liked their song Rock N' Me.Please let this vote go by.If you don't I don't care too much.

Posted May 9, '11 at 7:24pm

delossantosj

delossantosj

5,311 posts

Interesting line up here.

my first vote goes for boston, behind freddy, Brad Delp is my second favorite rock singer. hes such an amazing vocalist. not to mention the sure might that the self titled album had

my second vote goes for the Dire Straights. i tend to favor them over the others because for 1, ive never been a big eagles fan, 2, i hate journy (cheesy *** arena rock -_-), 3, im not really a fan of anything peter Satera has done, and last the rest of tose bands dont particularly appeal to my ears.

ill go ahead and do a quick score check
Boston:4 (1-first vote, 1-second)
Eagles:3 (1-first vote)
Journey:3 (1-first vote)
Steve Miller Band:1 (1-Second vote)
Dire Straights:1 (1-second vote)
Poco:0
Chicago:0