ForumsWEPRTheism and Atheism

4668 1390240
thepyro222
thepyro222
2,151 posts
Peasant

I grew up atheist for 16 years. I had always kept an open mind towards religion, but never really felt a need to believe in it. My sister started going to a Wednesday night children's program at a church. Eventually, I was dragged into a Christmas Eve service. Scoffing, I reluctantly went, assuming that this was going to be a load of crap, but when I went, I felt something. Something that I've never felt before. I felt a sense of empowerment and a sense of calling. Jesus called upon my soul, just like he did with his disciples. he wanted me to follow him. Now, my life is being lived for Christ. He died on the cross for my sins, and the sins of everyone who believes in him. He was beaten, brutalized, struck with a whip 39 times, made to carry a cross up to the stage of his death. This I believe to be true, and I can never repay him for what he has done.
I still have my struggles with Christianity, but I've found this bit of information most useful. Religion is not comprehensible in the human mind, because we cannot comprehend the idea of a perfect and supreme being, a God, but we can believe it in our heart, and that's the idea of faith. Faith is, even though everything rides against me believing in Jesus, I still believe in him because I know that it's true in my heart. I invite my fellow Brothers and sisters of the LORD to talk about how Jesus has helped you in your life. No atheists and no insults please

• 4,668 Replies
Avorne
Avorne
3,087 posts
Nomad

Can you given me an unbiased source that points to the Shroud of Turin being real/authentic?

Jefferysinspiration
Jefferysinspiration
3,168 posts
Farmer

Can you given me an unbiased source that points to the Shroud of Turin being real/authentic?

Have you watched Religulous? If not i highly recommend it - it explores the claim that a man was recorded to be the exact same as Jesus 2000 years previous to him.

... Why is it i'm better arguing against the bible than for it :| lulz.
vesperbot
vesperbot
955 posts
Nomad

an unbiased source? did you try http://www.shroud.com/ ?

Highfire
Highfire
3,026 posts
Nomad

Look, I don't know what you believe. You just keep claiming things and they are really pissing me off. So before we argue some more, can you please go into, with great detail, what you believe?

I may actually ask if you can get banned. Jefferysinspiration has barely CLAIMED anything, he's stated his opinion or backed up arguments.

You, on the other hand, has been using terrible unsupported biblical texts to support your argument and try to rip into the arguments opposing it - as if yours is the only way. You, have already pissed me off, and have shown counts of hypocricy on plenty of occasions, this is only one more!

Why do you deserve proof? What makes you such a special sinner that you deserve to take the faith part out of christianity. There is no proof. And there is nothing that can completely deny he exists. You are given such a simple task, to love Jesus and accept him, and yet you are too blinded to see the way. How crippled you must appear in my eyes.

How crippled your mentality definitely is. I can't even say it's my OPINION that says that - it feels so stupid to say otherwise that is might as well be fact.

Discard what you know, and look around you at the world. Do you believe that it solemnly evolved from species to species? Do you not keep love stored in your own heart?

All you're doing is storing hate for me man, be quiet, unless you plan on ACTUALLY proving something which btw you have not replied to anything I said in my long long post on page 202. If you say ANYTHING without mentioning anything about what I said there is no excuse.

To HahiHa, it's simply to make you think. My purpose was not to entertain you. And i agree with shift, be more open minded

You... did not just agree with the most closed-minded person on this thread, did you?

Alright, **** this, I quit this thread, I've seen this closed-minded crap go on and on, either the effort to convince you would be rediculously stupid and literally NOT WORTH IT (To make it sound insulting, I am literally saying you are not worth mine, or anyone elses time), or you will never be convinced, in which case I hope you burn in your Hell - which is probably what you'll find when you die and discover your religion wasn't right. Congratulations you ignorant dickhead.

And I'm going to love how he takes this wholely out of context and generalizes Atheists as rude, unreasonable pricks. What a hypocritical *******.

Oh, he read it? Darn, now you guys may not get to see it - this isn't even ammunition against him because chances are I cocked up any oppurtunity of revealing his already blatant idiocy.

You appear to be a brainwashed and vapid husk of a person, spewing out religious dogma and insane ramblings as your brain slowly shrivels away, you are blinded by faith and cannot see fact.

That. That is one of the worst things Religion can do, it is a very valid argument against it.

People acting on faith alone has effected us. If it hadn't effect us we would likely not give a ****.

This. If you believe in Religion, much like Jeffereysinspiration, I really kind of wouldn't care in other cases, but when you spread your what can easily be considered lies, acting as if they're truth with grandoliquent and deceitful preaching... I despise you.

There is no solid answer to prove either side. That is why God gives us a choice whether to believe or not. Your lucky your able to sit around all day and infiltrate a Christian thread like a pre-mature fa*.

I'm unlucky you do not have the oppurtunity to say that to me or whomever you was talking to in person. No, that isn't a physical threat, but how bad would you look when I'd be barking down your beliefs in an open street because you was an insulting ******?
Given your example, I know who would win the "debate" anyway.

No, it was toward Avorne

Would you like to repeat that for Page 1?
MageGrayWolf, I and wolf1991 all said something, but furthermore, MrWalker82 (AKA A moderator) said that people can't be excluded from this thread because of their beliefs. It was an invalid argument since the second post.

Except people don't worship the "Great God Om." You cannot use unreal examples to disclaim my religion. That is speaking as if all religions say the exact same thing.

Pastafarianism then. There are people who have been given rights on part of their religion and people do actually follow it. It's a better religion than yours, seeing as it's prime principle is "Do not accept any dogma that is not the refusal of dogma".

Mmhmm. Valid point now, isn't it? Do YOU believe in a Flying Spaghetti Monster?

I hope you burn by fir-- I mean gravy and rot in Meatball-hell, then.

And I see that God is good, and God is true.

You see things too deep, that was obvious since your first post.

I think I enjoyed the idea of having newbloods in threads - how much I wish I could take that back.

I put mine what is perfect, what is infallible, and true. You cannot ridicule me, for I understand what it is I believe. I don't listen to what you say, because it is nothing I haven't believed before. But now I am asking you to simply let Jesus into your soul, and do not succumb to the temptations of the world. You are not even asking me to toss away my faith, you just simply try to ridicule me, over and over again.

You self-righteous and misconstruing idiot.

I'm not gonna attempt to explain anything further. I am leaving this thread and will hopefully see some of you later, if you want anything related to this thread being commented on you simply C&P it on my profile and I'll hopefully reply ASAP.

- H
crazyape
crazyape
1,606 posts
Peasant

OKay let's just say for one moment that there WAS no God. Christianity would STILL be QUITE a well thought through religion. Better than all the rest. I'd rather put my faith in something well thought through, then have no faith in ANYTHING....... I mean, half a loaf is better than none, right? God GAWD!

---ZApe

Kasic
Kasic
5,556 posts
Jester

Christianity would STILL be QUITE a well thought through religion.

Not really. The more simple a religion gets the less contradictions it has. I think the religion that makes the most sense is Buddhism probably, or deism, if that can really be called a religion.

I mean, half a loaf is better than none, right

Half a load of crap is worse than no crap at all.
HahiHa
HahiHa
8,259 posts
Regent

Better than all the rest. I'd rather put my faith in something well thought through, then have no faith in ANYTHING

Actually, you're right. I'm gonna convert to pastafarianism right now. I mean, you get to eat pasta, wear pirate gear and have friday off! Plus everyone is friends with everyone and all are peacefully united, especially when beating up creationists.

Question, do we have to have faith in any deity or organization necessarily? Faith is only one way to go through life, reason and science is another. I don't see having no faith as missing something per se.
Avorne
Avorne
3,087 posts
Nomad

OKay let's just say for one moment that there WAS no God.

I'm with you so far - I've been saying that for my whole life almost.

Christianity would STILL be QUITE a well thought through religion.

The Bible is full of contradictions, no longer relevant to modern society (at least not to a large degree) and contains numerous inaccuracies. The best religions are often the simplest, the ones which don't bend and twist with the evolution of society because they don't need to - rather than because if they got rid of all the outdated stuff then there'd be nothing left.

Better than all the rest.

That's your opinion - personally I like Buddhism.

I'd rather put my faith in something well thought through, then have no faith in ANYTHING

As pointed out before, Christianity isn't particularly well thought out, I'd suggest becoming a Buddhist if you really must have some form of faith in something.
Kasic
Kasic
5,556 posts
Jester

I don't see having no faith as missing something per se.

How can you miss something via faith when it is only an imagined feeling? And it is, so let's not argue this. Faith is believing in something without proof, so if you had proof it wouldn't be called faith. Which means anything you "Feel" which affirms your faith, is imagined.
loloynage2
loloynage2
4,211 posts
Peasant

why should there be no invisible t-rex beside me?

Why wouldn't there be one? After all, dinosaurs existed before, and this one survived by becoming invisible.

I say that it's not a t-rex or IPU but a guardian angel.

Nope, and I would know, it talked to me before.
crazyape
crazyape
1,606 posts
Peasant

Buddhism is worse, because the guy the worship had no want or thought of being God! You people need to pay attention, and by then way hahiha, from my perspective, you're only starting a religion to gain generous tax benefits, am I right?

Highfire
Highfire
3,026 posts
Nomad

I love stupidity. <3

crazyape, Pastafarianism is a real thing.

Just coming in to say hi, and now bye.

- Bye

Sssssnnaakke
Sssssnnaakke
1,036 posts
Scribe

Crazyape the idea of God was because people had no better explanation on how we were created long ago. As time past and the more advanced we became, we had the evidence to believe that maybe we were created from one point in the Universe. Not only that but doesn't the bible say that the Earth was created before everything else? If not please correct me if I'm wrong about that statement with evidence preferably.

Jefferysinspiration
Jefferysinspiration
3,168 posts
Farmer

Not really. The more simple a religion gets the less contradictions it has. I think the religion that makes the most sense is Buddhism probably, or deism, if that can really be called a religion.

I'm technically on the "Christian" side, and even i have to agree.

The God we believe in = brilliant (for believers)
The religion we succumb to = awful.

I'm all about believing and educating myself on the bible: but it's written by man and is flawed in many ways. The contradictions make it hard to base the faith on.

Someone (Another Christian) previously directed the claim that i pick and choose what i want from the bible to make my own religion within Christianity. - I guess this is true to an extent, but mainly false.
True because i'm smart enough to realize that the world has gone ahead and modernized and society has changed, which is why i know not everything in the bible can be applicable today.
I mean, i don't have slaves in my back garden, i'm not married at 13 and i don't have a rod to beat my Children with.

Times change, the God we've learned about and who we are supposed to put our faith in still stands. I'm not a heathen for pointing out contradictions in the bible: Man wrote the bible, therefore what i say is against man, not God.

[quote] Not only that but doesn't the bible say that the Earth was created before everything else? If not please correct me if I'm wrong about that statement with evidence preferably.

(GEN 1: 1-2): In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. 2 Now the earth was formless and empty, darkness was over the surface of the deep, and the Spirit of God was hovering over the waters.

The earth was created along with the heavens, but the fact God created them suggests the universe as such existed (As he had to be somewhere), but our planet physically is what is noted as being the first creation.

- Not looking an argument on that: Just giving my 2 pennys.
Jefferysinspiration
Jefferysinspiration
3,168 posts
Farmer

Not only that but doesn't the bible say that the Earth was created before everything else? If not please correct me if I'm wrong about that statement with evidence preferably.

Only that was supposed to be quoted ^
Showing 2086-2100 of 4668