ForumsWEPRTheism and Atheism

4668 1392136
thepyro222
thepyro222
2,151 posts
Peasant

I grew up atheist for 16 years. I had always kept an open mind towards religion, but never really felt a need to believe in it. My sister started going to a Wednesday night children's program at a church. Eventually, I was dragged into a Christmas Eve service. Scoffing, I reluctantly went, assuming that this was going to be a load of crap, but when I went, I felt something. Something that I've never felt before. I felt a sense of empowerment and a sense of calling. Jesus called upon my soul, just like he did with his disciples. he wanted me to follow him. Now, my life is being lived for Christ. He died on the cross for my sins, and the sins of everyone who believes in him. He was beaten, brutalized, struck with a whip 39 times, made to carry a cross up to the stage of his death. This I believe to be true, and I can never repay him for what he has done.
I still have my struggles with Christianity, but I've found this bit of information most useful. Religion is not comprehensible in the human mind, because we cannot comprehend the idea of a perfect and supreme being, a God, but we can believe it in our heart, and that's the idea of faith. Faith is, even though everything rides against me believing in Jesus, I still believe in him because I know that it's true in my heart. I invite my fellow Brothers and sisters of the LORD to talk about how Jesus has helped you in your life. No atheists and no insults please

• 4,668 Replies
shift4101
shift4101
196 posts
Peasant

Please, point one out other than the disputed topic of creation. It must have eluded my eyes.

MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,470 posts
Farmer

Except the Bible has no fault in it

Sun revolves around the Earth, plants existed before the sun, Noah's flood, We all just magically started speaking other languages, all animals fear humans, saying there is a firmament in the sky, the numerous contradictions.

Please, point one out other than the disputed topic of creation. It must have eluded my eyes.

That happens with your eyes closed.
shift4101
shift4101
196 posts
Peasant

Sun revolves around the Earth

This was not said in the bible. Can you give me a verse?

plants existed before the sun

And God said, Let there be light: and there was light. Genesis 1:3

The land produced vegetation: plants bearing seed according to their kinds and trees bearing fruit with seed in it according to their kinds. And God saw that it was good. Genesis 1:12

Noah's flood

You are arguing that an omnipotent God cannot exist because he created a worldwide flood?

We all just magically started speaking other languages

Tower of Babel

all animals fear humans

Not even sure where you got this from.

saying there is a firmament in the sky

It was never spoken that the firmament was above the clouds, or anywhere in the sky.

the numerous contradictions

That happens with your eyes closed.

Not only am I denying your belief now, but I refuse to look at my own? How sorry my soul must be.
Moe
Moe
1,715 posts
Blacksmith

This was not said in the bible. Can you give me a verse?

This should be sufficient.
Biblical references Psalm 93:1, 96:10, and 1 Chronicles 16:30 include text stating that "the world is firmly established, it cannot be moved." In the same manner, Psalm 104:5 says, "the Lord set the earth on its foundations; it can never be moved." Further, Ecclesiastes 1:5 states that "And the sun rises and sets and returns to its place" etc

You are arguing that an omnipotent God cannot exist because he created a worldwide flood?

No, Mage is arguing the Bible is flawed because the flood never happened.

Tower of Babel

So God said they should lose the ability to communicate and now we have multiple languages? And this makes sense?
grimml
grimml
879 posts
Nomad

[quote]he numerous contradictions

Share[/quote]
Are you kidding me?! Just google it, there are hundreds... For example here's a list
shift4101
shift4101
196 posts
Peasant

This should be sufficient.

If you read the whole chapter, the verses in Psalms and Chonicals were referencing how the world is God's, and none shall steal it from him. And Ecclesiastes is saying that the sun rises and sets. Nothing more.

So God said they should lose the ability to communicate and now we have multiple languages? And this makes sense?

Try this, then.
Moe
Moe
1,715 posts
Blacksmith

Try this, then.

This sounds like God is afraid of man becoming too smart.
partydevil
partydevil
5,132 posts
Jester

Please, point one out other than the disputed topic of creation

moses splitting the sea in 2.

noah had a ship whit 2 of evry kind of animal on earth. except a female human. (there is no mentioning of noah having a wife in the bible)
so where do all human come from if noah & co was the only survivers of gods flood. and when abram later went whit his wife to egypte. there was a great empire there. didn't the flood of god kill all the egyptians?
MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,470 posts
Farmer

And God said, Let there be light: and there was light. Genesis 1:3

This makes it worse since we have day without the sun as well.

Fourth day
Gen 1:16
God made two great lights--the greater light to govern the day and the lesser light to govern the night. He also made the stars.

Tower of Babel

Like I said we all just magically just started speaking other languages. We know this to be completely wrong.

Not even sure where you got this from.

Genesis 9:2
The fear and dread of you will fall upon all the beasts of the earth and all the birds of the air, upon every creature that moves along the ground, and upon all the fish of the sea; they are given into your hands.

It was never spoken that the firmament was above the clouds, or anywhere in the sky.

Firmament is in the sky.

Genesis 1:7-8 (King James)
And God made the firmament, and divided the waters which were under the firmament from the waters which were above the firmament: and it was so.
And God called the firmament Heaven. And the evening and the morning were the second day.
(the word for heaven used here is shamayim, interchangeable with the word sky)

Not to mention the rain for Noah's flood was the result of a window being open in the firmament, again indicating it's in the sky.

I already have.
But for one example.

Who were the first visitors to Jesus's tomb?

Matthew 28 After the Sabbath, at dawn on the first day of the week, Mary Magdalene and the other Mary went to look at the tomb.
Mary Magdalene and the other Mary

Mark 16 When the Sabbath was over, Mary Magdalene, Mary the mother of James, and Salome bought spices so that they might go to anoint Jesusâ body.
The two Marys, plus a third person, Salome

Luke 24 When they came back from the tomb, they told all these things to the Eleven and to all the others. It was Mary Magdalene, Joanna, Mary the mother of James, and the others with them who told this to the apostles.
The two Marys, Joanna, and "the others."

John 20 Early on the first day of the week, while it was still dark, Mary Magdalene went to the tomb and saw that the stone had been removed from the entrance.
Only Mary Magdalene

Not only am I denying your belief now, but I refuse to look at my own? How sorry my soul must be.

Considering I'm having to point things out in your own holy text... I would agree if I believed a soul existed.
partydevil
partydevil
5,132 posts
Jester

if after all this he still thinks the the bible has no faults in it. then he is one of those christians wich it is useless to argue whit. then he is just another 1 sticking his fingers in his ears going LALALA.

MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,470 posts
Farmer

then he is just another 1 sticking his fingers in his ears going LALALA.

Otherwise known as apologetics.
partydevil
partydevil
5,132 posts
Jester

Otherwise known as apologetics.

bit hard word. hopefully he can understand the way i said it.
we realy have to explaine evrything in detail for him it seems (while he didn't post a source for any of his claims (very religion like =P))
pballaddict
pballaddict
128 posts
Nomad

Find me a worm that can understand the ways of men.

partydevil
partydevil
5,132 posts
Jester

i will seek =)

MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,470 posts
Farmer

Find me a worm that can understand the ways of men.

Find me a square circle.
Showing 2296-2310 of 4668