ForumsSupport ForumYay! A new feature we have all wanted!

72 12808
Devoidless
Devoidless
3,678 posts
Jester

Ok, not all of us. but a good deal of us. By 'us' I mean 'you guys.' ^_^

There is an online indicator now. Right to the..well...right of the persons armatar on their profile there is now a dot. If the dot is green, the user is on. If the user is away, it is red.

I think we all need to give dan and company a big "Thanks!" for this and the rest of their hard work.

Haha, I am starting to act like He-who-must-not-be-named. Oh noes.

• 72 Replies
XxPens87xX
XxPens87xX
79 posts
Nomad

Yes. Hopefully more enhancements will be updated to the site soon.

XCoheedX
XCoheedX
924 posts
Scribe

Holy cow! AWESOME!!!! Thanks Dan!!!! I love this new feature! I thought the dot was weird until I finally figured out what it was. Haha

Devoidless
Devoidless
3,678 posts
Jester

When I first saw it, I thought it was something like a scarlet letter for a second. I could not figure it out until I went to my profile and noticed the different colour. Then everything clicked.

I feel so smert...>_<

Devoidless
Devoidless
3,678 posts
Jester

oscynk, just drop it ok? It does not matter who saw it first or figured it out first. Just getting the word out and letting people know what is new and such here is the only point. I was pretty excited myself, and thus came the topic. And I really doubt everyone already knows...

So yes! What do the rest of you think about it? I bet this well help cut down on all of the messages on profiles saying "r u there?"

XxPens87xX
XxPens87xX
79 posts
Nomad

Okay, it happened almost a half-hour ago.

royandgrand
royandgrand
188 posts
Shepherd

i don't see the dot?!?!?!?

royandgrand
royandgrand
188 posts
Shepherd

dang it only works for IE make it work for fire fox too please.

XxPens87xX
XxPens87xX
79 posts
Nomad

Let me see if it works on my Fire Fox, I use Safari & Fire Fox so I'll check.

Jikek
Jikek
1,187 posts
Nomad

Good idea, but bad place to put it, it should be in the profile AND in the forums. Maybe below how many posts?

XxPens87xX
XxPens87xX
79 posts
Nomad

Yeah, Jikek does have a point. It makes more sense to have it on the forums as well as the user profile.

Starrodkirby86
Starrodkirby86
9 posts
Nomad

Good idea, but bad place to put it, it should be in the profile AND in the forums. Maybe below how many posts?
I can't see it, so I am at a loss here, but I think the online status icon should be to the right of the person's name. If not, then the top right corner of the grey box for the post. However, I have no clue where it is considering I cannot see it in the first place...unfortunately. I'm using AOL's browser right now since FireFox is acting idiotic to me.
XxPens87xX
XxPens87xX
79 posts
Nomad

It works for me on Fire Fox & Safari. Although, it could be low bandwith.

firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,593 posts
Blacksmith

I us IE, so I guess there is nothing to worry about.

John
John
345 posts
Nomad

Should be working for everyone. If it's not working, then it means your cache is a bit old and you should refresh the page.

Bratt02
Bratt02
403 posts
Shepherd

It was very strange at first to see that dot, and at first I thought I was hallucinating! Anyway, the new feature was great! It's the thing we're all been waiting for a long time! Thank you Dan! Good job! ^_^

Showing 1-15 of 72