ForumsThe TavernThe Deck of Games

299 47082
wolf1991
wolf1991
3,440 posts
Farmer

Any of you who have read The Malazan Book of the Fallen will understand this thread. Those of you who don't here's the run down:

In the Malazan Book of the Fallen there is something called High Houses, this Houses represent various elements and gods/goddesses. They are represented by cards in what is known as The Deck of Dragons. I thought it would be fun to represent Armor Games in this way. Yes, my view of fun is a little off. I'll be digging through the forums and the site to come up with more houses and places within those houses. Any ideas you might have are appreciated.

• 299 Replies
wolf1991
wolf1991
3,440 posts
Farmer

Descriptions? I had hoped to draw them out, but I lack drawing ability. I'd have to have physical descriptions of people to actually draw these. They're supposed to be more realisticly displayed.

Cenere
Cenere
13,658 posts
Jester

Descriptions? I had hoped to draw them out, but I lack drawing ability. I'd have to have physical descriptions of people to actually draw these. They're supposed to be more realisticly displayed.

So, something similar to the major arcana, then? With the person in question pictured, and then the title on it?
Maverick4
Maverick4
6,804 posts
Peasant

Just check the WoM, and AG Official Characters list. Most people here have one. And it wouldn't be too hard for them to simply message a quick description on your profile.

And I imagine these as sort of tarot cards. Thick, board-like- and ornate.
Paarfam
Paarfam
1,558 posts
Nomad

I'm really surprised that people see me as a martyr -wait, no I'm not.

Cenere
Cenere
13,658 posts
Jester

I have been a bit tempted to at least do one to two for random, but considering I haven't read the books, I have no idea how those cards would look.
But I know tarot fairly well, so...
knight_34
knight_34
13,822 posts
Farmer

You sound like you want to take over the world...

I thought I would.

I'm really surprised that people see me as a martyr -wait, no I'm not.

Have you been repeatedly savaged, tortured and consumed by the Atheist Machine? High House Religion seems to be lacking some of AG's earlier religious debaters. Don't ask me their names.
Patrick2011
Patrick2011
12,321 posts
Treasurer

Have you been repeatedly savaged, tortured and consumed by the Atheist Machine? High House Religion seems to be lacking some of AG's earlier religious debaters. Don't ask me their names.

It is not necessary to include earlier users as well as currently active ones.
wolf1991
wolf1991
3,440 posts
Farmer

Well in the Malazan Book of the Fallen (where I got this idea) The Deck of Dragons consists of wooden cards, and is used in tarot like readings. So, keeping true to the idea, these would be something like a tarot card yes.

I have been a bit tempted to at least do one to two for random, but considering I haven't read the books, I have no idea how those cards would look.

By all means try. I have ideas on how to portray certain cards if you'd like to try. And I do have a rough sketch for one or two. Namely King of High House Tragedy and Mad Hatter of High House Insanity

It is not necessary to include earlier users as well as currently active ones.

Why not?
Patrick2011
Patrick2011
12,321 posts
Treasurer

And I do have a rough sketch for one or two. Namely King of High House Tragedy and Mad Hatter of High House Insanity

That would be you and Efan.

Why not?

Adding inactive users is acceptable, but not required.
wolf1991
wolf1991
3,440 posts
Farmer

That would be you and Efan.

Thanks tips. I have to name the titles because I have two places in the Deck.

Adding inactive users is acceptable, but not required.

Well I'm glad I have your approval of what I do with my ideas.
Nurvana
Nurvana
2,522 posts
Farmer

I think I should be bard; I probably write the most story material besides Gantic.

wolf1991
wolf1991
3,440 posts
Farmer

Bards are mixture between story tellers and musicians. Traditionally they tell stories through song.

Nurvana
Nurvana
2,522 posts
Farmer

Bards are mixture between story tellers and musicians. Traditionally they tell stories through song.

So what? We'll wait for a blind user who sings his stories to his keyboarding assistant?
wolf1991
wolf1991
3,440 posts
Farmer

So what? We'll wait for a blind user who sings his stories to his keyboarding assistant?

Whoah easy there mate, I didn't realize this was such a big deal to you. And yes I may wait for Homer Born Again. Is that so wrong I ask you?
Nurvana
Nurvana
2,522 posts
Farmer

Whoah easy there mate, I didn't realize this was such a big deal to you. And yes I may wait for Homer Born Again. Is that so wrong I ask you?

Sorry I didn't mean to come off as abrasive. Besides, if Homer was born again, I daresay he'd have better uses than the bard of AG. Or maybe not hmm?
Showing 256-270 of 299