ForumsWEPRScience as a religion?

134 25656
Wafflesquad
Wafflesquad
170 posts
Peasant

A religion? AND before you say that I'm flaming, I don't mean all of science. I mean mostly things about the Big Bang, evolution, etc. It's all theoretical right? And theoretical things haven't been proven. Please post thoughts, and remember that I'M NOT FLAMING.

• 134 Replies
Paarfam
Paarfam
1,558 posts
Nomad

The big bang never happened.

MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,470 posts
Farmer

The evidence indicates otherwise.
Avorne
Avorne
3,087 posts
Nomad

If you'd like to, using scientific evidence and not some religious bullcrap, prove that the big bang never happened then we'd appreciate it.
helioss
helioss
2 posts
Peasant

You can't really prove something doesn't exist. Not being able to see god, for example, does not mean he does not exist. Even saying his words in holy books as proof can still be debated otherwise, not that I'm saying I don't believe in god. I'm just pointing a few things out.

And Science as a religion? Science >< Religion. Heart >< Mind. Two different things.

Same thing as trying to find a Monopole Magnet, Hopeless attempt.

Vettou
Vettou
11 posts
Nomad

I can prove "god" Doesn't exist, same way i can prove that santa doesn't exist , tooth fairy , ester bunny , three little pigs ( I can do this for ever folk )

Imho, all christians should be shot to the head about 3-5 times with Barrett M95.

Einfach
Einfach
1,448 posts
Nomad

You can't really prove something doesn't exist. Not being able to see god, for example, does not mean he does not exist.

However, proving that God's existence implies a contradiction DOES mean he doesn't exist.
TackyCrazyTNT
TackyCrazyTNT
1,936 posts
Peasant

Imho, all christians should be shot to the head about 3-5 times with Barrett M95.

That's horrible...
loloynage2
loloynage2
4,210 posts
Peasant

okay...no. That won't solve anything.
Avorne
Avorne
3,087 posts
Nomad

All you're doing by saying that is proving that you're a mean and violent person - that reflects badly on other Atheists so please keep your mouth closed unless you have a well-reasoned and rational argument to make.

To everyone who he may have offended, I'd like to make it explicitly clear, his views in no way reflect the views of Atheists as a majority.
Wafflesquad
Wafflesquad
170 posts
Peasant

I'm upset by the fact that you believe that. However, launching a verbal assault is not the right thing to do. I forgive you in advance.

To everyone who he may have offended, I'd like to make it explicitly clear, his views in no way reflect the views of Atheists as a majority.

So you're saying that one person doesn't represent everyone else? Sounds like what many atheists who hate Christians do: they say that because of (Hitler, the Crusades, ETC.) that all Christians are like that.
All you're doing by saying that is proving that you're a mean and violent person - that reflects badly on other Atheists so please keep your mouth closed unless you have a well-reasoned and rational argument to make.

I wish everyone had the above thought programmed into their brain (substituting "atheist" for &quoterson/ minority group&quot.
Einfach
Einfach
1,448 posts
Nomad

So you're saying that one person doesn't represent everyone else? Sounds like what many atheists who hate Christians do: they say that because of (Hitler, the Crusades, ETC.) that all Christians are like that.

This is wrong.
TackyCrazyTNT
TackyCrazyTNT
1,936 posts
Peasant

What does this even mean? Since when did we reference Hitler?

wish everyone had the above thought programmed into their brain (substituting "atheist" for &quoterson/ minority group&quot.

This doesn't make much sense either, Waffle. Please explain; I'm not very bright.
Wafflesquad
Wafflesquad
170 posts
Peasant

I just failed because I was just one of the people I was ranting about in the above quote. Whoops.
I apologize for once again doing something insanely stupid that I completely regret. I only ask that you realize that I am still learning (just like everyone else) and that you understand my mistake.
wish everyone had the above thought programmed into their brain (substituting "atheist" for &quoterson/ minority group&quot.

This doesn't make much sense either, Waffle. Please explain; I'm not very bright.

That's okay, neither am I. Basically, I wish that everyone would realize that it's pointless to insult other people, because insulting people always backfires.
MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,470 posts
Farmer

You sound no better then what you seem to be against in religion.
PureTrouble
PureTrouble
215 posts
Nomad

Does your "Imho" stand for "in my hopeless opinion"? Besides, if you wan't to kill a religion, don't kill all it's believers, burn all their books.

What does this even mean? Since when did we reference Hitler?

Did you try reading back in the thread? It helps to understand the current debate when you read back a 'lil bit.

resorting to violence to prove your point just shows how weak your position is.

Nah, shows how ignorantly in his black and white, if you will, bliss he's in.
Showing 61-75 of 134