ForumsWEPRScience as a religion?

134 25658
Wafflesquad
Wafflesquad
170 posts
Peasant

A religion? AND before you say that I'm flaming, I don't mean all of science. I mean mostly things about the Big Bang, evolution, etc. It's all theoretical right? And theoretical things haven't been proven. Please post thoughts, and remember that I'M NOT FLAMING.

• 134 Replies
Einfach
Einfach
1,448 posts
Nomad

Why not take out all that obviously wrong, and just use the new bible

How can these things be "obviously wrong" if that's what God said, and how can these things be "obviously wrong" if right and wrong is determined by God, which we cannot know but can know through faith?
Kasic
Kasic
5,556 posts
Jester

I'm just going by what he said Einfach, he said they don't teach the wrong stuff, and so i'm calling him on it. I don't really expect an answer.

cowmaster1
cowmaster1
676 posts
Shepherd

So, let me ask again. Why do you still have the Bible in it's original form? Why not take out all that obviously wrong, and just use the new bible? No one could claim that you teach it then, and you could actually say that without making me facepalm or laugh in derision.

That's like the protestants, take out everything they don't like and act like it was never there.
Einfach
Einfach
1,448 posts
Nomad

I'm just going by what he said Einfach, he said they don't teach the wrong stuff, and so i'm calling him on it. I don't really expect an answer.

I was just pointing out more contradictions....
Kasic
Kasic
5,556 posts
Jester

That's like the protestants, take out everything they don't like and act like it was never there.

Yes but at least they could say that "They" do not teach it. Which is far better in my opinion than having it there and saying they don't teach it, and then contradict themselves and say the bible is the word of god, but they selectively use it, but god is always right, etc.
MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,470 posts
Farmer

The bibles used by them are still contain wrong stuff, it's just simply ignored. Though I am unaware of any Christian denomination that doesn't cherry pick to some extent. Unless your Ned Flanders it wouldn't be possible to follow all those contradictions.
Einfach
Einfach
1,448 posts
Nomad

I mean hell, they don't even have a bible in the pews, just a hymn book and a book of wisdom containting wisdom of Gandhi right next to Jesus right next to Nietzche.

Quite an interesting mix, if I do say so myself.
qwerty1011
qwerty1011
554 posts
Peasant

I think the only true way to do Christianity properly is to take out all the parts of the bible that are clearly really out of date. However, if you did this starting a new religion would make christianity lose a lot of its credibility and it would probably descend to the status of another subgroup of Christianity or a cult. Since if you took out the parts you claim to not use Christianity would lose so mch credibility you must need them. And if you need them you must use them in a way so it does make christianity all those bad things

MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,470 posts
Farmer

qwerty, all the good parts of the bible are actually pretty much the same in all other faiths. It boils down to just not being a bag of *****.

And here's evidence you can do all that without religion.
Atheist tribe deconverts missionary [Sub Ita]
qwerty1011
qwerty1011
554 posts
Peasant

qwerty, all the good parts of the bible are actually pretty much the same in all other faiths. It boils down to just not being a bag of *****.

so what makes christianity Christianity IS all the bad bits in it.
ZipperedVenus42
ZipperedVenus42
185 posts
Nomad

A theory is a hypothesis that is heavily supported by evidence.

Under this definition, a religious belief would not be classified as a theory, but the Big Bang theory, etc. would.

HahiHa
HahiHa
8,259 posts
Regent

And here's evidence you can do all that without religion.
Atheist tribe deconverts missionary [Sub Ita]

Wow, those tribes are pretty neat. I've always wondered about whether all tribes had creation myths or not.. now I know not all do^^ thanks for that vid.
Showing 121-132 of 134