Forums

ForumsNews, Feedback and Suggestions

Achievements Suggestion

Posted Jun 2, '11 at 3:54pm

Patrick2011

Patrick2011

3,377 posts

Possibly an achievement for reaching Gold King?

For this one, I'm going to quote cormyn from the migration thread. The double quote is what cormyn quoted:

I think there will be legacy achievements based on AP total when AG3 comes out.

Yes, very likely. Firetail will get an exclusive achievement for having the most points, the top 10/100 all-time users will probably get an extra achievement too, that sort of thing.

We've also talked about having achievements for things like "more than 500 points", "more than 1000 points", "more than 5000 points" etc. as well.

Posted Jun 2, '11 at 5:05pm

Holladay15

Holladay15

253 posts

Yeah, I suppose that would make sense.

Posted Jun 2, '11 at 6:18pm

gaboloth

gaboloth

1,372 posts

A question, is the word "achievements" definitive? I'm not a big fan of the word and it sounds too generic. I think "medals" is the best term but that's what they already use at newgrounds. What about "trophies" or "awards"?

Posted Jun 2, '11 at 8:07pm

Patrick2011

Patrick2011

3,377 posts

A question, is the word "achievements" definitive? I'm not a big fan of the word and it sounds too generic. I think "medals" is the best term but that's what they already use at newgrounds. What about "trophies" or "awards"?

I think "achievements" is the right word for what we're discussing because the achievements themselves can cover lots of different stuff.

Posted Jun 3, '11 at 12:58am

Xcalibur45

Xcalibur45

1,844 posts

Well I've made abut 5 songs On Punk-o-matic 2. I got to round 85 on storm the house 3.

Posted Jun 3, '11 at 1:45pm

cormyn

cormyn

2,863 posts

Knight

Possibly an achievement for reaching Gold King?

Since we've already stated that we'll be giving out achievements based on points, and that you need certain amounts of points to gain those ranks, then yeah we could maybe give out an achievement just for hitting gold ranks like 'gold knight' or 'gold prince' etc.

the only thing you can give us an achievement besides contribution like forum post and things like that is how long we have been active Thats all I can think of.

Most of the achievements on the site will come from the games, which I've said in another post, for things like "you've crushed 100 castles" or "you've played 100 games of Exit Path", but the game achievements will be up to the game developer to design into the game.

We'll probably start calling them 'achievements' because the word will translate well into other languages. Joey had the idea of calling them 'shields'.

I've made abut 5 songs On Punk-o-matic 2

Right, so if the game developer had achievements built in, he could notify the web site when you submit 100 songs, and we'll unlock that achievement for you. That's just an example.

Posted Jun 4, '11 at 1:49am

Xcalibur45

Xcalibur45

1,844 posts

Right, so if the game developer had achievements built in, he could notify the web site when you submit 100 songs, and we'll unlock that achievement for you. That's just an example.

Oh ok, I get it now, So the Developers have to come up with the Achievement.

Posted Jun 4, '11 at 3:49am

kerimcan1999

kerimcan1999

15 posts

Are there any achievements in armorgames?

Posted Jun 4, '11 at 10:05am

jeol

jeol

3,565 posts

Are there any achievements in armorgames?

There will be in AG3... At least, it is planned.

Joey had the idea of calling them 'shields'.

Wow, that sounds catchy. I'm for it. :D I wanna earn many shields's!!

Posted Jun 4, '11 at 10:17am

Patrick2011

Patrick2011

3,377 posts

Joey had the idea of calling them 'shields'.

Wow, that sounds catchy. I'm for it. :D I wanna earn many shields's!!

I think the other admins prefer achievements to shields, so I don't think the achievements will be called shields. Besides, cormyn already explained why "achievements" is a better word.

Reply to Achievements Suggestion

You must be logged in to post a reply!