ForumsNews and FeedbackAchievements Suggestion

484 141271
cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

Hey everyone,

Here's a sticky thread to put achievement-based ideas and discussion.

Our plan is to engage game developers to send us periodic information about your game play, such as how many castles you've toppled in Crush the Castle, or how many times your dinosaur jumped in Treadmillasaurus Rex, etc. and that these pieces of information would accumulate to award you 'achievements' on AG3.

We're actively designing and building the achievement system right now, so as we have information, we'll share it here, but we're welcome to listen to ideas and feedback along the way.

• 484 Replies
Chata722
Chata722
73 posts
Nomad

How about if you complete an achievement, you get back a reward(s), like new armators and AG points.

Patrick2011
Patrick2011
12,321 posts
Treasurer

How about if you complete an achievement, you get back a reward(s), like new armators and AG points.

Achievements will award AP in AG3.
kai_man12
kai_man12
1 posts
Nomad

Im going to be honest, I like where @Chata722 is going with that.

Patrick2011
Patrick2011
12,321 posts
Treasurer

Im going to be honest, I like where @Chata722 is going with that.

Except that idea is already the plan, and posting only to agree with a user is spam.
ablr
ablr
133 posts
Nomad

I may have said this before a long time ago, but all of these suggestions are already on Kongregate and have since 2007 :P

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,622 posts
Herald

I may have said this before a long time ago, but all of these suggestions are already on Kongregate and have since 2007

Yes, along with 20+ other people. Not to mention most popular flash gaming sites have some sort of achievements system. It's only logical for AG to stop being a hipster and conform.
max240
max240
6 posts
Farmer

maybe you can get achievements when you played a fixed nuber of games or posted a fixed nuber of comments or sompthing

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,622 posts
Herald

maybe you can get achievements when you played a fixed nuber of games

Will be abused. The idea they're talking about for achievements is similar to Kongregate. Go play a game with badges on there to see what they plan on doing.
or posted a fixed nuber of comments

Achievements are going to be for games. Comments and forum posts will reward reputation. Check the sticky about reputation.
codecoward
codecoward
44 posts
Shepherd

what if we had achievements that when earned would give in game items for games that the same developer made or different developers working together to make the achievement like earning an achievement in crush the castle will get you a new color to use in phage wars live

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,622 posts
Herald

I assume that would be difficult to implement, and usually for exclusive items in games it's a part of premium content. Doing that will mess with their premium content sales. Not to mention the developers aren't that active community wise. I think they're just going to stick with something simple such as rewarding armor points for achievements. Perhaps if that does well they'll consider other things.

I specially want challenges. A bunch of achievements bunched together and once you get them all you get double the points. Something like that.

ablr
ablr
133 posts
Nomad

I specially want challenges. A bunch of achievements bunched together and once you get them all you get double the points. Something like that.

Like the quests/medals on Kongregate
GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,622 posts
Herald

Like the quests/medals on Kongregate

Of course. Most of my ideas regarding achievements are from Kongregate. Some posted here have been edited to fit in with ArmorGames though. That's what sites do; they take ideas from other popular sites and recreate them. You think Facebook and Twitter would exist today if it wasn't for that? Kongregate even took some ideas from Facebook and implemented them onto the site.
Laughable97
Laughable97
125 posts
Nomad

So wait. Are you saying Matrix that to sum up this entire thread you can say "It's exactly like Kongregate"

That seems a little... :/

Well on the positive side, hopefully they can add a new twist onto the system.

Also, are any admins posting in here anymore. The admin that started this thread said

"so as we have information, we'll share it here"

Achievements really interest me. So if they're still posting updates I may check here regularly. Does any admin post here anymore?
MikaCinc
MikaCinc
408 posts
Treasurer

Achievements are realy cool... It should be a great* idea!!!

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,622 posts
Herald

Are you saying Matrix that to sum up this entire thread you can say "It's exactly like Kongregate"

Not exactly, but similar.
Also, are any admins posting in here anymore.

No. We haven't received an admin reply in this subforum in about a year.
Showing 391-405 of 484