ForumsNews and FeedbackAchievements Suggestion

484 141116
cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

Hey everyone,

Here's a sticky thread to put achievement-based ideas and discussion.

Our plan is to engage game developers to send us periodic information about your game play, such as how many castles you've toppled in Crush the Castle, or how many times your dinosaur jumped in Treadmillasaurus Rex, etc. and that these pieces of information would accumulate to award you 'achievements' on AG3.

We're actively designing and building the achievement system right now, so as we have information, we'll share it here, but we're welcome to listen to ideas and feedback along the way.

• 484 Replies
Patrick2011
Patrick2011
12,321 posts
Treasurer

daily lottery for armor point would be nice

I don't think a lottery would be a good way to award AP since it is luck-based.

how well we did in a game

AP will be awarded through achievements.
devestator3
devestator3
4 posts
Nomad

I think you should add stats for each game in each catagory then put it all in a big inventory so each game is neat and in place simple then just click oh youve crush 100 castles in CTC2 and all in CTC altogether 500

pizzaicecream653
pizzaicecream653
145 posts
Nomad

when is the new armor games being released?

Patrick2011
Patrick2011
12,321 posts
Treasurer

when is the new armor games being released?

The release date is unknown, but the popular guess is that it will come in early 2013.
DarkGameLord73
DarkGameLord73
18 posts
Nomad

What's gonna be new in AG3?

Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

What's gonna be new in AG3?

Just about everything you can see in Beta as well as everything approve in this forum.
magicredsox
magicredsox
3 posts
Nomad

Here's an idea:
Everytime you get an achievement, you'll get Armor Points depending on it's difficulty.
It would be great if you did this, but anyways Achievements are still cool.
Ask the game designers to put in at least 5 achievements per game.
completing these achievements will get u rewards (No Da) 1 per achievement.
3 rewards will be for the game itself.
2 rewards will relate to your profile.
EG: 1 will unlock that games armatar album.
1 will put a special badge next to your account image saying u have completed the game or unlocked the achievement. ( these badges can be removed so you can only display the ones you are really poud of)

pizzaicecream653
pizzaicecream653
145 posts
Nomad

what about games like scuba that dont have achievemnets?
how will we earn AP for those kind of games?

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,622 posts
Herald

how will we earn AP for those kind of games?

Unless they add achievements, you won't earn points.
pikachoe
pikachoe
4 posts
Peasant

Everytime you get an achievement, you'll get armor points depending on it's difficulty

good idea Patrick2011
Jblaze101
Jblaze101
513 posts
Peasant

agree with pikachoe hands down i would be the top player XD

ThatGuyOnBroadway
ThatGuyOnBroadway
28 posts
Nomad

What about MMO achievements? They are in Fantasty Online and The last stand: dead zone, which are really cool games. Would you get AP for those? because if it were i would have hundreds more of AG points. And Jblaze101, be serious.

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,622 posts
Herald

MMO achievements probably wouldn't work well since you have to pay on most of them to progress.

shadowball2010
shadowball2010
2 posts
Peasant

[b]I think thats a good idea for people to earn pts. for the achivements

CommanderPaladin
CommanderPaladin
1,531 posts
Nomad

An achievements feature, if properly executed, might be an interesting upgrade to the site, but not to the exclusion of the current rank/point system. Achievements would need to be something earned in addition to the normal APs, and perhaps grating APs and being listed on profiles the same way Merits are. Personally, I would be in favor of some achievements linked to game such as the Raze series and Strike Force Heroes. However, I cannot stress enough that doing away with the current, well-established system in exchange for "karma," activity levels, achievements, or any of the other similar things discussed would end up being a bad thing. If it ain't broke, don't "fix" it. Upgrade it, yes, but don't mess with what you know works.

Showing 421-435 of 484