ForumsNews and FeedbackAchievements Suggestion

484 141118
cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

Hey everyone,

Here's a sticky thread to put achievement-based ideas and discussion.

Our plan is to engage game developers to send us periodic information about your game play, such as how many castles you've toppled in Crush the Castle, or how many times your dinosaur jumped in Treadmillasaurus Rex, etc. and that these pieces of information would accumulate to award you 'achievements' on AG3.

We're actively designing and building the achievement system right now, so as we have information, we'll share it here, but we're welcome to listen to ideas and feedback along the way.

• 484 Replies
cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

when you play a game 1 hour

Playing a game for a certain quantity of time probably won't ever get tracked, because someone could leave their computer running on a game and leave for a week's vacation... that would be sort of silly.

As far as "beating" the game, that's what this whole thread is about.
Kholkikos
Kholkikos
24 posts
Blacksmith

Medals please, they will be awesome!

Patrick2011
Patrick2011
12,321 posts
Treasurer

Medals please, they will be awesome!

The term "medals" is just another way of saying achievements, and I do like the idea of having them, especially if it's done right (giving appropriate point values, having good achievements, etc.).
BananaChocolate
BananaChocolate
2 posts
Nomad

An achievement system is always awesome and i love feeling that I've accomplished something and that myself and everyone else can see, This site would be a thousand times more fun with an achievement system or something around the lines of gamerpoints

cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

This site would be a thousand times more fun with an achievement system or something around the lines of gamerpoints

Yes, AG3 will only give points for winning Achievements.
2timothy316
2timothy316
109 posts
Nomad

Would the achievements be global over all of AG3? Or only specific to its own game?

I would think that if achievements were site-wide, people would feel inclined to play all the games on the site, which some people probably don't want to do.

In addition, when a game gets a bad rating, or it just really isn't that great, would achievements still apply to those games?

Patrick2011
Patrick2011
12,321 posts
Treasurer

Would the achievements be global over all of AG3? Or only specific to its own game?

I would think that if achievements were site-wide, people would feel inclined to play all the games on the site, which some people probably don't want to do.

In addition, when a game gets a bad rating, or it just really isn't that great, would achievements still apply to those games?

For each game, the developer decides whether to include achievements or not. As for being site-wide, I don't think there will be achievements for anything other than games. However, your score will be on your account and won't be specific to any game.
Patrick2011
Patrick2011
12,321 posts
Treasurer

Sorry if this is off topic you should beable to buy armatars with acheivements

It's been said that there will not be an AP requirement for any armatar in AG3.
cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

Each game will have its own specific Achievements. We have not discussed having other Achievements on the site itself, other than awarding some 'legacy' Achievements (with no points attached) for being a member on AG2, how many forum posts, etc., you had, that sort of thing.

when a game gets a bad rating, or it just really isn't that great, would achievements still apply to those games?

Good question. I think that if the developer adds Achievements to their game, users will play the game just to win points, as that's the only way to boost your "AG Score" and rank on the site, etc. If the game is horrible and nobody plays it long enough, then users just won't get those Achievements.
yz125
yz125
256 posts
Peasant

Yes there should be Achievements based on this site and on games made by people who work on the site . It was kinda Kongregates idea tho , but that site is kind of childish in a way.

zizo90
zizo90
246 posts
Jester

Okay but i have question when will achievement will come to AGv3?
Will u cormyn say to us when it will come ?
and Is there AP in AGv3 cormyn ?

Patrick2011
Patrick2011
12,321 posts
Treasurer

AP in AGv3

Yes, there will be AP in AG3, but not for community involvement (as it is in AG2). Instead, you will get AP for achievements. Here's the thread for discussing the new kind of AP.
ExplosionsHurt
ExplosionsHurt
249 posts
Nomad

Who decides how much AP is given per achievement?

And if it's the developers, what will stop one developer giving large amounts of AP for simple tasks?

Maackaan
Maackaan
1 posts
Nomad

i love achievement systems in games and im sure most other people do too!

Zaklv11
Zaklv11
1 posts
Nomad

The way you earn armor is by playing games <- MAke that upgrade!

Showing 121-135 of 484