Forums

ForumsVideo Games

[Main Thread] CoD? Put it here!

Posted Dec 1, '12 at 10:59pm

pickpocket

pickpocket

3,504 posts

I don't want to be killed by some camper and wait five minutes till I can play again.

Dude, some dumb *** was camping with a shock change/bouncing betty. The shock goes off and you cant here the betty or move, so you just die.
Then I switched to my Black hat and hack him to high heavens.

Posted Dec 1, '12 at 11:04pm

Gamer_Cale

Gamer_Cale

1,414 posts

@IAgreeWithYou I quite like the way footsteps are near inaudiable because it seems more emersive and realistic because in a war with gun fire and explosions going off constantly you arent going to hear someone walking 5m away like in past cods.

Posted Dec 1, '12 at 11:15pm

IAgreeWithYou

IAgreeWithYou

419 posts

shock change/bouncing betty

You have no idea how much I see that in game. I forgot who said it but someone said that if a shock charge goes off it should destroy the betty before it detonates. That would make MUCH more sense and be way less annoying.

@IAgreeWithYou I quite like the way footsteps are near inaudiable because it seems more emersive and realistic because in a war with gun fire and explosions going off constantly you arent going to hear someone walking 5m away like in past cods.

I get this but COD isn't even realistic at all even with the updated sound. I personally like the sound like this (Because I'm too cheap to buy a headset) but I'd be annoyed if I bought a $300 headset and now I can't hear anything,

The other annoying thing is that there is an explosion every 10 seconds in every map. I have no idea if its a grenade or just a sound now.

Posted Dec 2, '12 at 12:27am

vinster132

vinster132

5,502 posts

Dude, some dumb *** was camping with a shock change/bouncing betty. The shock goes off and you cant here the betty or move, so you just die.
Then I switched to my Black hat and hack him to high heavens.

That also happened to me. I was happy when I unlocked the black hat. Also, shotguns are starting to annoy me.

Posted Dec 2, '12 at 12:55am

GhostOfMatrix

GhostOfMatrix

11,693 posts

Knight

I always use flak jacket and tactical mask so I don't have to worry about that crap.

I forgot who said it but someone said that if a shock charge goes off it should destroy the betty before it detonates.

Dysfunction, or however you spell it.

Posted Dec 2, '12 at 3:47pm

TheMostManlyMan

TheMostManlyMan

3,523 posts

I would greatly appreciate if you all helped me out on the BO2 forums with the map situation. Yes I'm the OP I tried a different name for once.

Posted Dec 2, '12 at 3:50pm

TheMostManlyMan

TheMostManlyMan

3,523 posts

Oh right, the link to the discussion, here it is.

Posted Dec 2, '12 at 4:25pm

IAgreeWithYou

IAgreeWithYou

419 posts

You realise the maps are already on the disc right? All they have to do now is make money off the season pass and fix bugs.

They've already made the maps.

Posted Dec 2, '12 at 4:28pm

GhostOfMatrix

GhostOfMatrix

11,693 posts

Knight

The maps are fine, they just need to tweak the SMG's and AR's. SMG's currently do too much damage, and with their high fire rates it's unlikely you'll beat them with an AR. The AR's do too little damage and have too much recoil.

The maps have several routes to take and there are open areas, not as much as BO, but they can't please everyone. I hope they bring back some BO maps though, that's DLC I'd buy. The snow maps (grid, array, WMD, and summit), jungle, firing range, and cracked were my favourite. Anyone else notice that there are no snow maps in BO2? I wonder why, they've been in nearly all CoD's.

Posted Dec 2, '12 at 4:38pm

TheMostManlyMan

TheMostManlyMan

3,523 posts

You realise the maps are already on the disc right? All they have to do now is make money off the season pass and fix bugs.

They've already made the maps.

They may not have finished with all of the DLC maps though, there is still some hope that they put good maps in it.

The maps are fine

Speak for yourself, I pretty much hate them, BO was the only CoD since CoD4 that I can definitely say I was completely satisfied with and liked all of the maps. Every other CoD (maybe not WaW, but I haven't really played that enough to determine) had at least one map that I hate.
MW: Overgrown
WaW: Sure there's one
MW2: don't remember the name
MW3: 'bout all of 'em
BO2: Not a real fan of any of them.

Reply to [Main Thread] CoD? Put it here!

You must be logged in to post a reply!