ForumsPopular MediaBest Musician

315 104867
ide4749
ide4749
310 posts
Nomad

who's the best rapper, band, pianist, guitar player, whoever or in other words who's the best musician or music artist. I would say Lil Wayne or busta rhymes I more of a rapper type of guy.

• 315 Replies
xfirealchemistx
xfirealchemistx
370 posts
Nomad

John Lennon is the force that keeps the world spinning.

delossantosj
delossantosj
6,685 posts
Nomad

WRONG!!! it does matter about how it turns out that makes it catchy like u can just put some random rock music with it that doesnt fit. then noone will like it u hav 2 put music that fits 2 make it go well 2gether and make it a better song

im not talking about puting rock music with rap songs; which by the way have been EXTREMELY successful in songs with artists like lil john, beastie boys, and jay-z; i was comparing the two genres.

im saying that in the hip hop genre, the lyrics to a song are much more important to have than in other genres. like in rock, you almost dont focus on the lyrics as much because of actual singing and instrumentation are also focused on. in the hip-hop genre rappers egos have to be fulfilled by putting the majority of the focus on the rappers themselves, this is why in the genre of hip-hop, majority of the time the lyrics to a song must be focused on more than everything else. this is also the reason why people are saying rap is dying because songs like "bedrock" are actually making money for the artists.

dont get me wrong, im not trying to say that making money is bad, but to be getting payed for garbage like that song just blows my mind
ide4749
ide4749
310 posts
Nomad

this is also the reason why people are saying rap is dying because songs like "bedrock" are actually making money for the artists.

Okay one thing who is saying rap is dying... who tell me that much noone is!! and bedrock is a good song fine if u want lryics try this song headlines by drake it got good lyrics and a good tune and stuff
TackyCrazyTNT
TackyCrazyTNT
1,936 posts
Peasant

I would say the best musician is Chopin, Mozart, or Bach. Just putting that out there....

Piquilo
Piquilo
21 posts
Nomad

I'd say The Notorious B.I.G. is the best rapper due to the way he raps,flow, and beats in his songs.There was always a war between "Who's the better rapper Biggie or Tupac?" But sincerely (My opinion)
Biggie is better and always will be. A rapper that mostly everyone likes is Lil' Wayne, but I don't see why he justs raps about money and hoes, nothing special.

delossantosj
delossantosj
6,685 posts
Nomad

Okay one thing who is saying rap is dying...

tons of people. im one of the few people who argue against this. but people all the time are saying that rap is dying because of the garbage that gets played now-a-days. i dont know when soceity turned into any black guy shouting random **** into a microphone and then making a million dollars. its absolutely rediculous

and i can never hate on drake. im not particularly a fan, but out of all the **** that they play on the radios hes the best. which by the way, isnt saying much.
EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,444 posts
Jester

i dont know when soceity turned into any black guy shouting random **** into a microphone and then making a million dollars.

Yeah. I listened to some hardcore gangster rap a few days ago (because someone decided to bring a boom box on the bus). The lyrics were surprisingly metaphorical and quite good, less the excessive language.

I think Rachmaninoff or Prokofiev were some brilliant musicians... I'm just saying.

Don't forget Tchaikovsky.
ide4749
ide4749
310 posts
Nomad

tons of people. im one of the few people who argue against this. but people all the time are saying that rap is dying because of the garbage that gets played now-a-days. i dont know when soceity turned into any black guy shouting random **** into a microphone and then making a million dollars. its absolutely rediculous

Idk wat kind of ppl r saying that definetly noone around here...... and it's not all rediculous first of all u leaving out some white rappers like eminem and flobots. eminem actually talks about his life not random stuff and the flobots talk about the USA. i know it basiclly is true that most rappers r black but u could of just said some random rapper like u leaving out mac miller he auzome and he white.......... and well...... justing bieber does rap but i not counting that.....

and i can never hate on drake. im not particularly a fan, but out of all the **** that they play on the radios hes the best. which by the way, isnt saying much.

I do agree with u drake is a boss on the radio but i think lil wayne is i know u h8 him but i like him so just dont comment on that part but drake has really good songs that make others like nicki minaj, Rick ross definetly, and sometimes lil wayne look bad
delossantosj
delossantosj
6,685 posts
Nomad

Idk wat kind of ppl r saying that definetly noone around here...... and it's not all rediculous first of all u leaving out some white rappers like eminem and flobots. eminem actually talks about his life not random stuff and the flobots talk about the USA. i know it basiclly is true that most rappers r black but u could of just said some random rapper like u leaving out mac miller he auzome and he white.......... and well...... justing bieber does rap but i not counting that.....

i would honestly hit you with a baseball bat if you considered JB rap.

and im talking about the garbage that is played on the radio now-a-days. now that eminem officially called it quits for awhile, i dont really count him. mac miller does NOT get radio play haha i know that much. flobots only played on my local modern rock station and the only reason for that is because they are in fact a local band from colorado themselves.

I do agree with u drake is a boss on the radio but i think lil wayne is i know u h8 him but i like him so just dont comment on that part but drake has really good songs that make others like nicki minaj, Rick ross definetly, and sometimes lil wayne look bad

rick ross and nicki minaj are the people that im talking about when i say random black people shouting random stuff into a mic and making a million dollars. rick ross, minaj, gucci maine, soulja boy, wokka flokka flames, wiz khalifa, lil wayne, are all god awefull rappers that make tons and tons of money for no reason and make an otherwise amazing genre look like poop
delossantosj
delossantosj
6,685 posts
Nomad

they are all overall fools compared to other modern rappers now-a-days and they truly do not deserve their fame.

i would like you to listen to this rapper ide4749. this is what isnt being played on the radio because rappers like lil wayne, and dare i say drake, are getting the kind of shine they do.

Illogic

ide4749
ide4749
310 posts
Nomad

and im talking about the garbage that is played on the radio now-a-days. now that eminem officially called it quits for awhile, i dont really count him. mac miller does NOT get radio play haha i know that much. flobots only played on my local modern rock station and the only reason for that is because they are in fact a local band from colorado themselves.

Oh wow i just noticed after u said that. that macmiller is really never on radio......... well he still is a rapper and their r some others 2.......... and JB does rap a little but i never said he was good.

rick ross and nicki minaj are the people that im talking about when i say random black people shouting random stuff into a mic and making a million dollars. rick ross, minaj, gucci maine, soulja boy, wokka flokka flames, wiz khalifa, lil wayne, are all god awefull rappers that make tons and tons of money for no reason and make an otherwise amazing genre look like poop

okay rick ross is all about guns and women so i agree and nicki minaj does mostly not make sense but wakk flokka flames idk but i know that in some of his songs they actually r good like no hands and wiz khalifa actually has lyrics he doesnt rap random crap idk y u even hav him on there and soulja boy 2 he's old but like his song soulja boy that not crap..... and how about the new boyz they good dont u agree
ide4749
ide4749
310 posts
Nomad

i would like you to listen to this rapper ide4749. this is what isnt being played on the radio because rappers like lil wayne, and dare i say drake, are getting the kind of shine they do.

Illogic

ya he not that good i mean i kinda like the song but he sound so old its just dull i mean thats y not adays we hav auto tunes but some ppl like t pain use it 2 much but ppl who use it on ocasion on their songs make it sound better
delossantosj
delossantosj
6,685 posts
Nomad

ya he not that good i mean i kinda like the song but he sound so old its just dull i mean thats y not adays we hav auto tunes but some ppl like t pain use it 2 much but ppl who use it on ocasion on their songs make it sound better

you clearly dont understand the lyrics of the song, this man is one of (if not than he is) the most incredible lyricists of the modern age. i honestly cant name a single person from the modern era that can match his poetry skills, the only two people i could even consider puting up there with this man is aesop rock and saul williams. take a look at some of their work, it truely does put rappers like lil wayne, drake, and even rappers like kanye, jay-z, and eminem to shame
delossantosj
delossantosj
6,685 posts
Nomad

and wiz khalifa actually has lyrics

allow me to recite to you some of wiz khalifa's lyrics.

gin got me drunk as f-ck stumblin out the bar,
plus im struggling trying to find the keys to my car,
cause i be going hard, roll the camera
life just like a movie im the star

in these lyrics he is essentially promoting getting drunk and than driving, while at the same time he thinks he is the sh** because of it. this man is not only a horrible rapper but a horrible person.

the new boyz arent really much better than any of the rappers i have stated earlier
thisisnotanalt
thisisnotanalt
9,824 posts
Shepherd

I'd say Aes is my personal favorite lyricist in hip-hop just because of how eccentric and crazy he can make his songs and keep stunning rhyme scheme and flow going, and all the references and figurative language he crams in is insane. Illogic is definitely my second place, though.

Showing 286-300 of 315