ForumsWEPRHomosexuality

3228 432443
XeroGeez
XeroGeez
90 posts
Nomad

Apperently it's a big hot topic right now, so I want to know how gamers feel about it?

• 3,228 Replies
Carlie
Carlie
6,823 posts
Blacksmith

I just felt that it was irresponsible for the mayor to have allowed it, when he must have know it would have been revoked. I think it was great that he tried, and it did make a statement. But it gave so many people hope and happiness, that just ended up being taken away. Which is heartbreaking.

RaptorExx
RaptorExx
2,202 posts
Farmer

ah, equal rights is what everyone should have, if people of opposite genders could get married, why couldn't those of the same? I believe it does not matter of their gender, you cannot sit there and tell two people in love to stop it because you don't like it, say you are against this, if being attracted to the opposite sex was illegal, I think everyone straight would start to fight it.

Lennywins
Lennywins
130 posts
Nomad

Live and let live. That's all there is to it. Can't change something we don't like about someone.

tyralpha
tyralpha
8 posts
Nomad

well razaki, enjoy that STD. AIDS or HIV?

Asherlee
Asherlee
5,001 posts
Shepherd

It is amazing how religion will drive people to look crazy. I actually pity tyralpha and yourself. It is remarks like that, that gives Christianity a bad name.

So, if we want to take the religious extreme view, I'm a Jew anyway. We even have gay Rabbis.

Asherlee
Asherlee
5,001 posts
Shepherd

Serb, your views have changed since you began posting. I never claimed you hated g.ay people. (What's also pissing me off is that g.ay is starred out, that is offensive to me). But, I do agree that if you feel something is immoral, but you are doing it anyway, then it is immoral. Certainly, whatever higher power there is that gave us a brain that has reason, abstract thought, etc. would be compassionate to our actions.

About the Bible, I just don't think anyone should invest in it so much, but only as a guide to living peacefully. It saddens me that religion can push for war. That isn't how it's supposed to work...

I'm such a hippie, we should all just love each other no matter what.

Asherlee
Asherlee
5,001 posts
Shepherd

Well, I will never conform to the dyke look. Eeessshhh. My girl and I are both lipstick lesbians. My hair is half way down my back and I love it...so does she!

netrino
netrino
83 posts
Jester

just leave people do what they want! i didn't say anything about why did people vote for the American president...

razaki
razaki
263 posts
Nomad

I have to believe that you're just doing it to be confrontational, tyr, but just incase...

I hope you realize that I, personally, am straight and your bigoted stereotype of homosexuals as AIDS-infested animals does not apply.

Asherlee
Asherlee
5,001 posts
Shepherd

Raz, he certainly couldn't be that way, right?

Though, that whole God Hates Fags is ridiculous too...

Erako
Erako
121 posts
Nomad

Guys... I really don't think this entire chain is necessary. I mean, no one cares about homos, just people who are insecure homophobes and who are racist. No one cares that two people of the same gender have relations... it may be a little out of the ordinary, but it's so old that no one cares anymore. I officially declare this strand CLOSED!!!

Carlie
Carlie
6,823 posts
Blacksmith

Sorry Erako, but it is still OPEN

This is still a huge issue in America, and many people care about it. It is still a big issue in politics. And racism has nothing to do with homophobia.

Besides, this is one of the biggest threads in the entire forum, and everyone has the right to (nicely) discuss it.

razaki
razaki
263 posts
Nomad

Well, not exactly a particular nation; a particular race.

You're right: hating homosexuals isn't being racist.

It's just being stupid.

I agree, though, Carlie; this is a very large thread and it's been very civil. I love the conversations.

Asherlee
Asherlee
5,001 posts
Shepherd

Cykotic, as it has been said before here. It is not a choice to be homosexual. I'm sure some things in my life would be a lot easier if I were straight.

Think about it like this, do you choose to be attracted to women, or are just attracted to them?

Carlie
Carlie
6,823 posts
Blacksmith

Well, I would say it is 'civil' overall. Some members perhaps don't follow that so well. But for the most part, many users treat this topic with respect.

Showing 121-135 of 3228