ForumsPopular MediaAvatar: Legend of Korra

87 34327
supermape123
supermape123
431 posts
Nomad

There will soon be a new series called Avatar:Legend of Korra that's a sequel to Avatar the Last Airbender.If you have any questions about it just ask.It's expected to air in 2012 on Nickelodeon and will run for 26 episodes
Here is the prologue
The Last Airbender: Legend of Korra (originally titled Avatar: The Legend of Korra) is an upcoming American animated television mini-series that is expected to air on Nickelodeon in 2012.[1] The mini-series is a sequel to Avatar: The Last Airbender, which aired on the same network from 2005 to 2008, and will run for 26 episodes.[2] It will take place in the same fictional universe as the original show. The world is influenced by a multitude of cultural and ethnic elements. In it people may have the supernatural ability to manipulate either water, earth, fire, or air. There is one person known as the Avatar, who maintains balance between the four nations and is the only person who can bend all four elements. Korra, the hotheaded independent protagonist of the series, is the next incarnation of the Avatar after Aang from the original series.[3] Set at least 70 years after the defeat of Firelord Ozai and Princess Azula in the series finale of the original show, creators Michael Dante DiMartino and Bryan Konietzko[4] plan to follow Korra as she learns Airbending while facing an anti-bender revolution.[3]
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Korra-action-shot.jpg

• 87 Replies
DSM
DSM
1,303 posts
Nomad

No matter how I look it, then the Equalists(the new enemy) is very similar to communism. I am the only one who think that?

devsaupa
devsaupa
1,810 posts
Nomad

There is reason to believe that Amon is a decendant of the cabbage man and he is out to get revenge for the millions of cabbages that died at the hands of the Avater. :3

then the Equalists(the new enemy) is very similar to communism

I saw that too.

Did anyone else see this connection?
Mako=Zuko
Bolin=Sokka
Korra=Katara
Amon=Ozi
I think the animal connection is kind of obvious.
The case might be made that they just recycled the old series, but oh well, I still watch.

Also, I put money on Amon having an agenda besides getting rid of benders. Claiming he has spirit world connections makes me think he is going to be a familiar character, or connected to one from the original series.

Also, it said before it aired it was going to be a mini-series. But they split it into books and chapters again.

There is reason to believe that Amon is a decendant of the cabbage man and he is out to get revenge for the millions of cabbages that died at the hands of the Avater. :3

Food for thought, Katara still has the knowledge of blood bending.
Koru7
Koru7
1,408 posts
Nomad

I think I know who Amon is!

It's possibly Bumi! the new one that's Aangs and Kataras kid. He's the only nonbender in their family! so maybe that's why he wants revenge on his dad (now korra) because he didn't get bending ability!

Again just a theory but i think it's a good one!

devsaupa
devsaupa
1,810 posts
Nomad

It's possibly Bumi

I looked into that, and it would be a good theory except their skin color is different. Amon has more of a yellow tinge while Bumi is quite brown.

I just noticed I posted the cabbage man theory twice. Don't know why but oh well, major typo.
alovera1
alovera1
510 posts
Peasant

I just noticed I posted the cabbage man theory twice. Don't know why but oh well, major typo.

Hey i thought it was a good theory haha!

I think i figured out who took Amons face when he said he had to have his face taken away to take be able to take peoples bending away i think it was Co or Ko. not sure which is the correct spelling.
if you dont remember him hes that guy in the spirit world where if you show any emotions around him he will steal your face.
rogerson
rogerson
4 posts
Nomad

this show is so so so cool

DSM
DSM
1,303 posts
Nomad

This show beginning to be very interesting. Also, I do think in a way amon have a point. If you noticed that all benders have the highest position in the government/system. And also the criminals are benders(beside the equelist)
So, in a weird way, then amon is actually right.

Beat_Poet
Beat_Poet
8 posts
Nomad

I agree with DSM. Amon has grounds for his 'Revolution'. They just need to find an equal position for both non-benders and benders instead of removing a part of their being from their person.

MoonFairy
MoonFairy
3,390 posts
Shepherd

Mako is NOT the recycled Zuko. No.
Bolin is like Sokka, yes.
Korra isn't like Katara, Katara was always the level headed one who wanted to prevent conflict whereas Korra wants to jump in.
And Amon isn't like Ozai. Just because they are the baddies doesn't mean they are alike. Ozai underestimated Aang, thus his demise. But the fact that Amon and Korra have faced each other several times and he has yet to kill her, means that he is a wee bit smarter than Ozai.

And yes, I am reviving this thread.

slipsoccer
slipsoccer
1,081 posts
Peasant

I liked the original Avatar better. There's so many new things it's dumb now. Blood bending? Really? I haven't watched much of it but I think there's also steel bending? It was probably a joke. I liked the show when it was old not modern.

Gantic
Gantic
11,892 posts
King

Bloodbending and Metalbending were discovered/created in the original series. They're not new.

xNightwish
xNightwish
1,609 posts
Nomad

Anyone ever thought that Amon is a bender. Yes he hasn't used it but it explains his resistance to Blood Bending. No one ever stated he wasn't a bender. So I think it would be nice.
Still I like the fact that he is a mystery and the fact that you get to see a lot more offspring from the original Avatar characters. I'm really curious to Iroh, anyone know anything bout him?

slipsoccer
slipsoccer
1,081 posts
Peasant

Bloodbending and Metalbending were discovered/created in the original series. They're not new.

They were? In what season? I just remember them introducing energybending.
GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,620 posts
Herald

I'm not sure which seasons, but Toph bended metal when she was captured by those people her father sent, and bloodbending was discovered when the gang ended up in that crazy old lady's house. She could blood bend and Katara learned.

xNightwish
xNightwish
1,609 posts
Nomad

They were? In what season? I just remember them introducing energybending.

Toph used Metalbending throughout Season 3. And I believe they introduced the Metalbending at the end from Season 2.
Blood bending was introduced in the episode : The Puppetmaster.
Showing 61-75 of 87