ForumsPopular MediaAvatar: Legend of Korra

87 34324
supermape123
supermape123
431 posts
Nomad

There will soon be a new series called Avatar:Legend of Korra that's a sequel to Avatar the Last Airbender.If you have any questions about it just ask.It's expected to air in 2012 on Nickelodeon and will run for 26 episodes
Here is the prologue
The Last Airbender: Legend of Korra (originally titled Avatar: The Legend of Korra) is an upcoming American animated television mini-series that is expected to air on Nickelodeon in 2012.[1] The mini-series is a sequel to Avatar: The Last Airbender, which aired on the same network from 2005 to 2008, and will run for 26 episodes.[2] It will take place in the same fictional universe as the original show. The world is influenced by a multitude of cultural and ethnic elements. In it people may have the supernatural ability to manipulate either water, earth, fire, or air. There is one person known as the Avatar, who maintains balance between the four nations and is the only person who can bend all four elements. Korra, the hotheaded independent protagonist of the series, is the next incarnation of the Avatar after Aang from the original series.[3] Set at least 70 years after the defeat of Firelord Ozai and Princess Azula in the series finale of the original show, creators Michael Dante DiMartino and Bryan Konietzko[4] plan to follow Korra as she learns Airbending while facing an anti-bender revolution.[3]
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Korra-action-shot.jpg

• 87 Replies
Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,508 posts
Jester

One thing I don't understand in the text, something that lifted my left eyebrow a bit. The text says the sequel takes place 70 years after Aang's reign as the Avatar, correct? So I'm to assume this new Avatar is the direct descendant, right? So why is it that this Korra is also Air-themed? From what I remember of the series, the reincarnations take place in a cycle of elements. So if Aang's precedent was Fire and Aang being Air, why is Korra also Air? Shouldn't she be either Earth or Water? Or am I missing something here?

supermape123
supermape123
431 posts
Nomad

Actually Korra is a South pole water bender that has to find Tenzin(Aang and Katara's son)to teach her air-bending(the last element she needs to know to become the avatar),Hope that clears things up

d_dude
d_dude
3,525 posts
Peasant

I really would love to see this. But it just won't be the same without Sokka and Momo.

I wonder how long those flying bisons live...

Cenere
Cenere
13,658 posts
Jester

@Frank:
Korra is a native waterbender, who, at the start of the series, have mastered water, earth and fire, and now needs to find the direct descendant of Aang to learn to master air, which is why the series is air-themed.
Considering there seems to be other fractions in this whole mess as well expands the issues a little.
I also keep wondering about Tenzin's siblings (apparently he is the youngest of three, if the wiki is right), since they are otherwise mentioned nowhere.

Anyway, my siblings are quite into the series, and have watched most of the main series now. They do seem a bit concerned that this, when it gets released here, will be dubbed, since the voice acting isn't always very well done, and considering the series will be more mature, it would probably fit better with original voicing anyway.

Koru7
Koru7
1,408 posts
Nomad

There was kinda another thread like this but more general to the whole avatar the last air bender world. oh well. so excited!!!! XD. Since it's 75 years in the future, there's gonna be element bending on motorcycles!!!!

Roger721
Roger721
1,100 posts
Nomad

Well... when the original series ended I thinked:

"Aw... the cartoon with more action I've ever saw is... gone..."

But I guess that the new series will be just like Law and Order LA after Law And Order: It will be good but never the same...

Brad1185
Brad1185
60 posts
Nomad

That show sounds pretty cool. I looked it up and it seems okay. I saw The Last Airbender today. I was awesome!

Koru7
Koru7
1,408 posts
Nomad

@Brad

You mean the movie or the series?

Brad1185
Brad1185
60 posts
Nomad

I mean The Last Airbender movie.

Koru7
Koru7
1,408 posts
Nomad

I despise you. sorry but I hated the movie. acting was bad, seriously did not follow the first season, and suki and june weren't in it!!! my favorite side characters.

supermape123
supermape123
431 posts
Nomad

I agree that the movie didn't live up to our expectations also.Sadly.

ligaboy
ligaboy
1,052 posts
Peasant

I'm excited for this, I always thought Avatar was a great show. Also, I never watched the movie. I heard it was awful so I just avoided it.

d_dude
d_dude
3,525 posts
Peasant

and suki and june weren't in it!!!

They made the biggest mistake that they possibly could have with keeping Suki out. Not to mention that the movie skipped at least half the season. They didn't have Bumi in it!!! Bumi is in my opinion the best side character. And I don't believe that Jet was in it. There's just way too much that they missed.

No Bumi = No Flopsie.
No Flopsie = No fun.
daniel5533
daniel5533
160 posts
Nomad

its going to be awesome i can wait for it to come out

Graham
Graham
8,052 posts
Nomad

The only time I saw a preview of this it showed Korra in a firebender outfit.

The cycle doesn't go Roku (fire), Aang (air), back to Korra (fire)!

But the wiki says she's from water tribe... hotheaded, but from the water tribe...

Showing 16-30 of 87