ForumsNews and FeedbackWhat are your thoughts on AG3?

50 14227
david1234254
david1234254
16 posts
Peasant

I haven't taken a Huge look into it, but from what I've seen I don't like it all that much at all. I'd love to see other peoples opinions on it. I've always liked the classic look of Armor Games that they've been sporting for quite some time. The newer one looks to, well new lol.

• 50 Replies
KyahcoSukaimasutae
KyahcoSukaimasutae
311 posts
Nomad

well it is BETA so don't expect any thing for the site ATM, they toned it down to just the home page at the moment and will rerelaese content for public beta, also please look at the forums here some more and also this sam type of topic has been posted a dozen times so please "look before you post" to see if it is there al ready and such, thank.

also

The newer one looks to, well new lol.

what do you guys want!! its too new looking now! guess what! it is NEW! ugh... sorry but i think people are wining a little to much and not giveing solid good cases of there point! ok you don't like the AG3 site, what do you want!?!?! sorry about my rambaling...
Ernie15
Ernie15
13,349 posts
Bard

I like AG2 the way it is. I personally don't think such a huge change is necessary.

It seems, however, that the general public disagrees with me, and I have no choice but to accept AG3 as an inevitability.

Patrick2011
Patrick2011
12,321 posts
Treasurer

It seems, however, that the general public disagrees with me, and I have no choice but to accept AG3 as an inevitability.

According to other threads like this, older users (like you) tend to prefer AG2, while newer users (like me) prefer AG3. Anyway:

I like AG3 and its features, including achievements, live chat, reputation, etc.
GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,622 posts
Herald

I like some things that will be implemented, but other things just want to make me leave. Meh, it's not like I can do anything about it, and I use this site for free, so I don't care that much.

david1234254
david1234254
16 posts
Peasant

what do you guys want!!

Well, what I really want is for it pretty much to stay the same lol. I think with the new look its kinda generic. I never asked for changer personally. I love AG how it is. I mean, look around at other sites like addicting games, then look at AG3. Looks to similar to me. I think AG has its own, personal look that I like.
TharosTheDragon
TharosTheDragon
202 posts
Farmer

I love AG2, hate AG3.

And stop with the crap about how "it's just a beta." Yeah, we know. My reasons for hating it have nothing to do with anything that's unfinished. It's the new layout that I hate.

Changing thumbnail size is always more trouble than it's worth. With all the thousands of games on the site, why would you wanna go through every last one of them and come up with a new thumbnail for each of them? Is it really that important to make the link to a game take up more space?

Of course there's more than that, like how you have to scroll through several screens to see the whole home page. That's like Games of Gondor, so they're definitely going backwards there.

Kyahco, if you don't see any solid cases then you clearly aren't looking. Check out this page in the feedback site.

coyotik
coyotik
5 posts
Shepherd

You ask for feedback on the new site. Long story cut short, it seems to me to be a kongregate ripoff. I'm not a friend of theirs, I just use both sites, armorgames longer actually. And maybe it's just because of this, being used to your layout, that I don't like the new site much. Are you imitating their look because of user feedback, because people tell you that it's better?

I'm very happy with how the old AG site looks. Not too flashy, nothing really trying to grab my attention, nothing moving on it's own, game icons reasonably small so that I see a LOT of things without scrolling or clicking.

For me, the top section, the large swapping highlights, is a waste of space. I'm going to check out most new games anyway.

When I compare the looks side by side, I see 12 new and 6 popular games at first sight on the old site - and just 3+3 on the new (at best 7+3 if I go through the big swapping ads).

I expect this to be a minority opinion of course, but given the choice, I'd want to stick to the old site definitely and just add some features to it (namely the possibility to sort the "Tagged games" view just like category view)

Patrick2011
Patrick2011
12,321 posts
Treasurer

I think I see an old vs. new theme here. Old users seem to prefer the old system, while new users prefer the new system. I happen to like the new system (AG3), but I'll still use AG2 while it's around. AG3 is inevitable, so let's not turn this into a "fanboy" war between old users and new users.

Yodadude53
Yodadude53
1,496 posts
Nomad

I only use the forums, no change is needed for me. I'll maybe play a few games.

coyotik
coyotik
5 posts
Shepherd

@Patrick:
While AG3 as such is inevitable, there's no reason for it to be user-unfriendly the way kongregate is. Sure, bring on community and competition stuff you listed in the first post (as that's all optional) - but AG shouldn't loose the reasonably clean looks and good amount of visible information just because it's old.

And it really has little to do with old vs. new users. I'm old user of both kongregate and AG - and I'd want to have a cross-breed of the two, taking the better from both. And the webpage layout and usability of AG is superior to KG.

Patrick2011
Patrick2011
12,321 posts
Treasurer

And it really has little to do with old vs. new users.

I said that because most of the people that prefer AG2 are older users.
leo99rules
leo99rules
2,765 posts
Nomad

Maybe an option to "Restore to AG2" theme? I doubt it would be hard and as seen in this thread there are many people that want the ag2 theme.

I'm one of them.

KyahcoSukaimasutae
KyahcoSukaimasutae
311 posts
Nomad

guys don't get be wrong i agree the set up is not the best, but AG2 is very behide on technoly, the site is made in Xhtml 1.0! Xhtml 2.0 would bee closer but now they are making Xhtml5 to go with html5, also the site (at least the forums) was not complitely made by AG, so it is harder to update and is slower, they wanted to make a more up to date site that they made so updating will be on the fly! cormyn said that they will not update again like this unless it is need for new tech, that was the reason for this change (AG2 to AG3)!

also about the thumbnails, they ask for sever sever pic sizes and types when you sumit a game, they could EASYly change it. you guys don't get it i am not making this stuff up i am a DEV i am looking at the sorce code (press f12 or left click and do "view sorce&quot when i read AG2 i see a mess, constant repeating and junky code that lookes like some program got payed way to much to do it (sorry AG no offence but that is why we are updating!)! but AG3 it is cleaner and a lot more "genertated code" (java or html5 makes the code, like ever time a game is sumited you tell java to add a set code and such). AG3 is very smooth kong is not as smooth.

i agree they need to change to way they set it up, but it is better programed! i also see people not acsepting change! and people not likeing just the "looks" not just the set up of it.

i like the get satisfaction post and agree with most of it, but the "colors" i think poeple need to accept change a little more.

coyotik
coyotik
5 posts
Shepherd

Kyahco, nobody is asking to keep the AG2 technology. By all means, have a great technologically modern web with a lot of generated code - but this should be possible without losing the user-friendliness of the old site.

About the only thing I like on the new DESIGN is the top section - and guess why? Because it takes less vertical space, making more room for actual content. What a pity that the actual content is bloated in size so there's much less shown than on the current site.

vinster132
vinster132
5,881 posts
Jester

According to other threads like this, older users (like you) tend to prefer AG2, while newer users (like me) prefer AG3. Anyway:

Not really. But I admit (as an old user) I prefer AG2's simple layout. I don't hate AG4, it's just kinda unorganized and like Kong's format. That's minor to me. I'll just forget about it and get use to it once it's fully released and play the games and post in the forums like it's like AG2. So far, AG3 is okay.
Showing 1-15 of 50