Forums

ForumsWorld Events, Politics, Religion, Etc.

Negative Christian Stereotypes

Posted Oct 14, '11 at 6:59pm

TRUdog

TRUdog

778 posts

What are some negative Christian stereotypes that first come to mind?
Please refrain from flaming and spamming, as always.

Posted Oct 14, '11 at 7:34pm

R3LOAD

R3LOAD

433 posts

The most common negative Christian stereotypes I can think of would be:
-Most pastors being paedophiles.
-Extremely racist.
-Extremely homophobic.

Not that I ever stereotype Christians in this way, these are just the firs that spring to mind..

Tbh, there should just be one massive stickied thread on Christianity, since so many threads are made on it..

Posted Oct 14, '11 at 7:39pm

Kasic

Kasic

5,566 posts

Tbh, there should just be one massive stickied thread on Christianity, since so many threads are made on it..

Christianity FTW is "supposedly" that, but it's not stickied and no one likes to use it anymore it seems. I expect this thread will be locked and told to continue there.

Posted Oct 14, '11 at 7:52pm

zakyman

zakyman

1,588 posts

That all Christians just want to convert non-Christians to Christianity (say that three times fast)

That all Christians hate LGBTs

All Christians say that you will go to Hell if you don't believe in Jesus.

Posted Oct 14, '11 at 10:36pm

bschnauzer7

bschnauzer7

294 posts

-Most pastors being paedophiles.

That's just Catholics :p

But anyways, we Christians (supposedly) hate Homosexuals, Muslims, Liberals, the Chinese, and Rap music.

Also, the only things we ever do are pray and convert people.

Posted Oct 14, '11 at 10:38pm

loco5

loco5

1,289 posts

That all Christians hate LGBTs

Lesbians, Gays, Bi's and Trannies?

anywho, that all Christians will reject your reality and substitute it with, "Well good did it" or, "It was always his plan to do it"

Posted Oct 15, '11 at 11:36am

zellos94

zellos94

11 posts

-Extremely racist.

yeah um... I don't know where you got this, but I'm pretty sure that's not a stereotype of Christians.
And while most of these definitely are stereotypes, they aren't hard and fast rules. I consider myself a strong Christian, and I love my Lord and savior with all my heart, but I'm also a huge supporter of gay rights. SO while some may have these stereotypes, keep in mind that not all do. :P

Posted Oct 15, '11 at 2:20pm

StDrake

StDrake

190 posts

I think the most common stereotype is that all those people yelling hate to anyone and waving sharpenned crucifixes around are really Christians and not posers or misled
That and that everything that priests say about God is true

Posted Oct 15, '11 at 4:07pm

cowmaster1

cowmaster1

645 posts

That we blindly believe in Christianity and hate all forms of science

Posted Oct 15, '11 at 5:33pm

EmperorPalpatine

EmperorPalpatine

4,971 posts

yeah um... I don't know where you got this, but I'm pretty sure that's not a stereotype of Christians.

The kkk was an extremist organization which turned to Christianity around 1915, which is why they'd burn people on crosses sometimes.

Reply to Negative Christian Stereotypes

You must be logged in to post a reply!