ForumsWEPRRascism

84 16998
Alguzara
Alguzara
519 posts
Nomad

What do YOU think about rascism, black people,and rascists?
I think that the world is too stupid to say that everyones a little rascist.
I guess this is a new topic on this section and i have seen no rascism topics...
About black people ...well...i feel a bit sorry for them , having problems because of being brown-skined? What the hell?
What i think about rascists? They are just (many times) white people who hate color black? Thats an option...ò.ó
I think rascsism is just hating black people. Simple. Its way too stupid too.

PS:No offenses...

• 84 Replies
KlNG
KlNG
301 posts
Nomad

But in a situation where I am by myself, at night, and there is an African-American around, I will tense up and be cautious.

Would you tense up and be cautious if Jesse Jackson was around you?
Devoidless
Devoidless
3,675 posts
Jester

Oh gawd...Jesse Jackson. One of the blackest and whitest men I have ever heard of...

People being afraid/judgmental of other people based on skin color is just sillyness. Mostly based on stereotypes and selective news broadcasting.

Everyone is a person, period. I actually tense up more when around a group of white people that I do not know, because white people are craaazy.

KlNG
KlNG
301 posts
Nomad

White people are crazy.

And what you have to watch out for is the white guys in black gangs. There's no telling what they did to get the respect of the blacks.

turret
turret
1,628 posts
Shepherd

Well i dont think that is racist but that you just think that they are more dangerous. I think that they are more violent cause of all of the movies that involve gangs and violent stuff. cause on every violent movie there is at least on black violent guy. But were i used to live i had to deal with a lot of blacks and violent stuff. I am not racist but a lot of people are for some and a a lot of them are from t.v. So basicly you are saying at night you feel threatened by black more........but the white guy is less threatning to you but that white guy could have drugs or something lol. But do you think you are racist cauase if you do then you are but if you dont then you are not but dont act so different around african americans cause if you do then they will call you racist and that would be bad for you.

Well those are stats abd they are true but it depends on what state you live in cause if you live here and there it will be different stats. are those the countries stats? But i have dated a AA b4 and I have a lot of AA friends and at night i dont feel threatened around them at all but you do cause of G A Y stats. And i have to ask why did you look it up on the internet cause if you have AA friend that you shoud trust AA but mabey it;s just you.

chiliad_nodi
chiliad_nodi
637 posts
Peasant

Stats do not lie.

About stats, 35% of drivers in accidents are drunk. We need to try harder to get drunks off the road, right? Or maybe we could just get rid of the sober drivers who cause 65% of accidents.
They cannot lie, but stats can be used to deceive.
About racism, I do not consider something like that racist because you are not offending, but protecting against what you believe to be a dangerous situation. Personally, every time I see a poor African American, I feel worse than when I see a poor European man. It is because of the sterotype that African Americans came here with less of a chance.
thelistman
thelistman
1,416 posts
Shepherd

@chiliad

The drunk driver stat you gave is misleading. It should read something more like 1% of drivers are drunk, yet cause 35% of accidents. (I'm not sure of the real stats, so I just threw a number out there). Using your logic, my stat would say blacks make up 45% of inmates, so whites make up 55% of all inmates. (Let's pretend that there are only whites and blacks) THAT is the misleading stat.

kingofgames
kingofgames
610 posts
Farmer

i talked about 20 years ago eyetwitch.... and why we talk now about drunken drivers?

woody_7007
woody_7007
2,662 posts
Peasant

@phatcat even tho slavery wasnt unique to the us they are one of the few western countries that didnt abolish it til later on. The british abolished it in 1807 but u yanks went and had a war over it. So even though the Arabs and Africans had slaves for years before the way the western countries industrialised it onto such a big scale was very cruel so dont just assume that the us are such a nice country when it comes to racism. In the UK i have no problem walking the streets but once in America sm dumb redneck shouted at me callin me a nigga jus cos im black wich is why lots of blacks especially americans dont like white people cos even though u lot say u r all for equality u still dont like black people. why do u think that people are saying that if Obama becomes president he will be assassinated cos u have loadsa racist people in ur country

StrategyGamble
StrategyGamble
129 posts
Nomad

I think the racism is typical for human brain. There are lot of people we hate, but racism is based on hating someone who is from other country, nation, skin colour and its bad .

woody_7007
woody_7007
2,662 posts
Peasant

How is it typical for the human brain care to elaborate strategygamble?

eyetwitch
eyetwitch
737 posts
Shepherd

@woody_7007
I hate BS sterotypes like that. I'm a white, southern U.S. guy, and i'm not racist, nor anyone of my friends...(distant family however, but the ratio of ppl i know being racists is ridiculously low).

phatcat
phatcat
24 posts
Nomad

even tho slavery wasnt unique to the us they are one of the few western countries that didnt abolish it til later on. The british abolished it in 1807 but u yanks went and had a war over it.

Please don't call me a yankee, American is fine, but I am not a yankee it's not an epithet that see myself as...I find it to be a really ugly word, and depending on who it's coming from it can be used in a derogatory manner so do me a favor and don't call me a yank.

So even though the Arabs and Africans had slaves for years before the way the western countries industrialised it onto such a big scale was very cruel so dont just assume that the us are such a nice country when it comes to racism.

It wasn't just Arabs and Africans thousands of civilizations had slaves it was very common to have slaves, it was absolutely nothing new, I wasn't referring to any single group so don't assume you know who or what I am referring too. Western countries (like the U.S) didn't British and other European had enormous stakes in the control for the territories, and "states" that existed. So to imply that it was the Americans (it's obvious what you meant by Western countries, since you started out calling me a Yank) fault for slavery is wrong.

Now for some reason you think I said The U.S was a peechy-keen country when it comes to racism. I didn't say that at all. I only said that His opinion on why racism exist so harshly in America doesn't make the most of sense when many other countries had slavery, some equal to that of the U.S even, are handling and more accepting of each other racial differences then here in the U.S so it can't just be because of the civil war that racism exist it. You may have thought I was defending the United States saying that racism doesn't exist or something along that lines, but I wasn't I myself am a black minority and are well aware of the racism that exist.

If you re-read it I was actually saying that exact opposite of what you said I was saying.

In the UK i have no problem walking the streets but once in America s[o]m[e] dumb redneck shouted at me callin me a n**** jus[t] cos i'm black.

the terms redneck and the N-word are very offensive to me, and other people so I would ask you to please refrain from saying the words with out some sort of censor, calling people rednecks isn't very respectful so don't, it's derogatory.

[Saying the N-word] is why lots of blacks especially Americans dont like white people cos even though u lot say u r all for equality u still dont like black people.

You do realize your being very pre-judice right now your making assumptions about my character and about who i am without actually knowing, it's hard to have a civil argument with soemone who is spewing random hateful messages in his post so please reconsider the way you are speaking to me with the new information about myself I have presented, and reconsider why saying the things you did isn't very respectful to anyone your speaking too.

A lot of Black Americans don't like white Americans because Of a variety of things it's not just because of the past it's because of racial intolerance on both sides in the present. I don't know what you mean by "You lot" but if you mean Americans you forget that back people who are from America are Americans too so saying that "you lot" don't like black people doesn't make any sense. If you meant white Americans, then well you're being very prejudice by grouping white people as some evil entity that hate black people when the majority don't at all. And if you are British like you seem to be, then you are being racist towards Americans by calling groups of people in our country out of their name, and assuming such terrible things [about all white people hating blacks] about all of them. All in all I really don't know why you took such a harsh, irrational, and pre-judice tone with me when you clearly knew nothing about me.

why do u think that people are saying that if Obama becomes president he will be assassinated cos u have loadsa racist people in ur country

yea there are a lot of racist people in our country it would redudant to say that I know there are because I've said so 3 times now, but I must say that the realistic odds of him being assassinated is low, it's very improbable that such a thing will happen.

Please don't assume things about anyone you posting to it's very inappropriate, especially if you are accusing them and using such offensive epithets, and other low blow comments.
Flipski
Flipski
623 posts
Nomad

@ Woody , I agree with your views that there are racist red necks in our country. They ruin our image, and they create hostility among the races.

Although the typical southern American stereotype is the red neck white supremest, most of America is very progressive and respectful. It is the few that are the loudest, that create the impression for the whole.

cos im black wich is why lots of blacks especially americans dont like white people cos even though u lot say u r all for equality u still dont like black people

Comments and views like that are racist on their own. You are saying that white people don't like blacks, which is a very general and profound statement to make. You are saying that I do not like black people, which is completely untrue. And also you are being hypocritical. You complain that white people don't like you, and then you say that you don't like white people, so what do you expect? You cannot expect someone to respect and like you if you do not respect and like them in return and vice versa.

Think about it this way: If some white people are idiots (which they are) and they do something to harm you, it's okay to not like them, but to say that you don't like their race because those few did something is not logical. The same goes for the other way around.

On another note, Im sorry that you experienced something like that during your time in the states. It really sucks that it gave you a completely negative view of America. Its completely understandable though, If I was treated so poorly, I too would think the country was a bunch of Jackasses.

I am happy that Obama is making progress. I hope he is elected for president and that this will be some proof to the world, that we are not just close minded rednecks, waving confederate flags.

Flipski
Flipski
623 posts
Nomad

Its not typical for us to hate based on race. But it is typical for us to categorize, and since people are different races, we tend to view them as different from us, especially if they behave, speak, look differently than we do ourselves.

Once we have this separation, it is easier for us to dislike and feel threatened by others. Racism and discrimination in countries begins by a different race immigrating, and impeding on the original races resources, and then stereotypes and judgments begin to appear. This causes discrimination to increase, and it is easier to keep this discrimination going if the races being discriminated are easily discernable from others. For example blacks, are obviously different looking than whites, while Italians and Poles, are (after learning the language and culture of America) less discernible from the original Anglo Saxons, (the Poles and Italians were heavily discriminated against when they first began arriving in the Americas).

woody_7007
woody_7007
2,662 posts
Peasant

To eyewitch wen i went around the us evrywhere i went i was treated normally except in the southern states where there are confederate flags everywhere and i got shouted at and attacked by a drunk white guy who was callin me a nigga so i kicked his ass and then the policeman charged me with assault so i just dont like southern white guys anymore as im scared itl happen again.

To phatcat yankee isnt a bad word and i called u a yank anyway u lot call us brits similar equivalent things which dont offend me so dont be so touchy about it.Its like calling me a limey or wotever i dont care.

I am not saying that the us was the only western country with slaves ,spain, holland, britain lots of countries had a hand in it cos it made them loadsa$ but i am saying that usa had a war over it because they cared so much about it but no other did. But i stand by my point that Britain abolished it in 1807 showing how much better about it the uk was.

I used the term redneck because his neck was red as they get. Also im not using the word nigga in an offensive way im quoting wot the guy sed to me, its not a word i normally use.

To ur next oint il say what i want its my opinion so b quiet. Also if u go to a country where u get attacked for being black fight back and then you get charged for the fight its not exactly a good first impression is it.And i wasnt takin the tone with you personally. I dont particularly like white english people that much as i always get stopped by police and searched 4 shanks coke and guns so its not just american whites. My older bro went 2 jail 4 dealin and so i get stopped a lot by the police who prejudge me thinkin im a criminal like my bro who was only doin it so he could feed me and my sista and as i guess ur wealthy u dont understand how hard it is to get a good job wen u liv on an estate wiv no hopes of gettin a gud job or nuffin like dat. Also when someone says u lot by grouping them it just shortens me saying racist white americans obviously black americans arent included.

And to ur last point think about it martin luther king, malcolm x, tupac lots of black americans who have reached positions of power have been killed so what makes obama different. And mebe u think cos hes president he wont b killed but lotsa presidents have been killed too.

To ur last point im posting my opinion u post urs if u dont like it say what u like but u cant tell me not to post what i want.

btw im guessin u r from a nice neighbourhood and havent experienced any 1st hand racism like i have so think about the perspective u r viewing it from. Me a working class english boy whos bin to america once and wen he did he was attacked by southern redneck white people and from ur point of view

Showing 31-45 of 84