ForumsWEPRRascism

84 16999
Alguzara
Alguzara
519 posts
Nomad

What do YOU think about rascism, black people,and rascists?
I think that the world is too stupid to say that everyones a little rascist.
I guess this is a new topic on this section and i have seen no rascism topics...
About black people ...well...i feel a bit sorry for them , having problems because of being brown-skined? What the hell?
What i think about rascists? They are just (many times) white people who hate color black? Thats an option...ò.ó
I think rascsism is just hating black people. Simple. Its way too stupid too.

PS:No offenses...

• 84 Replies
Flipski
Flipski
623 posts
Nomad

@Woody, is the racial situation in Europe alot better than over here? I imagine it is, based on stuff we see here in the media. I think the Blacks and whites in Europe are alot more assimilated into one culture, which is really great. Over here I think there is a racial tension and strong cultural differences that drive Whites and Blacks apart, its really unfortunate.

There is nothing I hate more than people that hate based on something so irrelevant as race. The story about the people that were rude to you based on race disgusts me.

Flipski
Flipski
623 posts
Nomad

@Woody, is the racial situation in Europe alot better than over here? I imagine it is, based on stuff we see here in the media. I think the Blacks and whites in Europe are alot more assimilated into one culture, which is really great. Over here I think there is a racial tension and strong cultural differences that drive Whites and Blacks apart, its really unfortunate.

There is nothing I hate more than people that hate based on something so irrelevant as race. The story about the people that were rude to you based on race disgusts me.

woody_7007
woody_7007
2,662 posts
Peasant

@Flipski. When i was in America i was in New York 1st and was visitin my family in Florida but to get there we had to do it by hired car so we drove through all the southern states on the way so even though NY was pretty kl and i wos treated normal there the rest wasnt a v.nice experience.

The reason i dont like lotsa white pepl is cos they are racist to me. The 1st time wos wen i was a kid an wen that happens from a young age u lose trust. And also as i cum from a v black estate and go 2 a v black skl the only white guys i see are the police and they r rele racsit so the majority of white pepl i come in contact wiv are racist to me so i dont like them its a vivious cycle.

Ur rite i shouldnt of encompassed whites as a race jus the 1s i see hav bin racist.

Altho even tho i had a bad experience i still like America its a nice place evrythings cheaper there.

Also i think obama will win Hillarys lost it and George Bush has fucked it up so bad for the republicands itl b hard for them to win. but i just hope he doesnt get shot wen he gets it.

I understand this point (ur second post) but it still doesnt make it right to categorize

woody_7007
woody_7007
2,662 posts
Peasant

@Flipski. When i was in America i was in New York 1st and was visitin my family in Florida but to get there we had to do it by hired car so we drove through all the southern states on the way so even though NY was pretty kl and i wos treated normal there the rest wasnt a v.nice experience.

The reason i dont like lotsa white pepl is cos they are racist to me. The 1st time wos wen i was a kid an wen that happens from a young age u lose trust. And also as i cum from a v black estate and go 2 a v black skl the only white guys i see are the police and they r rele racsit so the majority of white pepl i come in contact wiv are racist to me so i dont like them its a vivious cycle.

Ur rite i shouldnt of encompassed whites as a race jus the 1s i see hav bin racist.

Altho even tho i had a bad experience i still like America its a nice place evrythings cheaper there.

Also i think obama will win Hillarys lost it and George Bush has fucked it up so bad for the republicands itl b hard for them to win. but i just hope he doesnt get shot wen he gets it.

I understand this point (ur second post) but it still doesnt make it right to categorize

Flipski
Flipski
623 posts
Nomad

Oh that really sucks. Ya Its very understandable, the way you feel, I would feel the same way. Do you think that this is why many blacks dislike white people(as you said). Its really unfortunate that a few idiots ruin relations for the rest of society.

I really hope Obama wins too. I hasn't crossed my mind that he might be assassinated, nor has anyone I have talked to mentioned it. I would probably move out of the country If that happened.

You know, on your trip, you were probably traveling through places where white supremest are the most concentrated. I live in California, so I think we are more liberal and respectful towards different people, cultures, ideas, etc.

killertron
killertron
56 posts
Nomad

Racism is caused by the Europeans seeing Africans, calling them undeveloped and enslaving them. Today, racism exists because of politics in Africa. Robert Mugabe in Zimbabwe, for instance.

woody_7007
woody_7007
2,662 posts
Peasant

@flipski
I think it is. Its also a question of parenting. The older generation of blacks like my mum(never met my dad , bastard wait off topic) remember when it was bad and my mum definitely h8s white pepl cos wen she came 2 england pepl always made monkey noises etc. But i think its just in poor ethnic neighbourhoods the only pepl u see with nice stuff are white its kinda jealousy rele but at the same time in my situation there is more direct conflict.

I just hope obama wins and is fine.

Ye i mean there are bad areas in all countries i mean i liv in london so its least racist go up north theyv never seen a black guy but ye it definitly was worst ive ever seen in southern states and im sure cali is nice. I heard they had a gay mayor so they cant be intolerant.

gman1000
gman1000
977 posts
Nomad

we are not all a little racists. We just tend to socialize with people who look like us. It is human nature.

phatcat
phatcat
24 posts
Nomad

To phatcat yankee isnt a bad word and i called u a yank anyway u lot call us brits similar equivalent things which dont offend me so dont be so touchy about it.Its like calling me a limey or wotever i dont care.

Your being pre-judice about me eand making false accusations. I don't call people brits, and I've nevr heard of a limey before. Is that the only thing you know how to do is categorize everyone into one group and say it's what they all do? regardless of what you think it means I told you why I don't want you to call me that so respect that and don't. Yankee does not describe who I am accurately so don't call me it, and I don't like being called something I don't agree with. So stop.

I am not saying that the us was the only western country with slaves ,spain, holland, britain lots of countries had a hand in it cos it made them loadsa$ but i am saying that usa had a war over it because they cared so much about it but no other did. But i stand by my point that Britain abolished it in 1807 showing how much better about it the uk was.

Again go back an Re-read what I said, since you seem to want to make up your own points about what I said in attempt to skew my argument.I never said you said Americans were the only countries that had slaves. I wasn't even directly addressing you, I was explaining my first post since you misread it entirety the first time. Not once did I say you said Americans were the only western country with salves. Slavery was NOT the only reason for Civil War. The North and the South were fighting over economic power. You see the industrious north was doing far better than the farming south. More immigrants migrated to the north, and if you know anything about economic theory competition emerged and innovation arrived which increase economic prosperity of the north. The south literally depended on slaves, they worked the lands they made the souths main form of economic prosperity viable. It wasn't just because white people were racist, it was because they were defending there way of life.

Do you honestly believe that Europe had absolutely no confrontations over slavery and psuedo-slavery? Ever heard of serfdom, it was became blatant slavery starting 1848. there were many who sought to protect serfdom. There were indeed confrontation of slavery in Europe as well don't be naive.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abolitionism#Slavery_in_Great_Britain

Read; learn.

I used the term redneck because his neck was red as they get. Also im not using the word nigga in an offensive way im quoting wot the guy sed to me, its not a word i normally use.

Don't bullshit me, you were not using red as an adjective to describe his physical appearance. And even though you not trying to be offensive by using the N-word, I and many others find the use of the word at all offensive, and will say the N-word when I need to refer to it.

To ur next oint il say what i want its my opinion so b quiet.

Your opinion was based on pre-judice you literally called me a racist by saying "you lot say u r all for equality u still don't like black people." I have a right to challenge any of your opinions even if you don't like it. If you can't defend your opinion then I've only proved a point.

Opinions that are based on mis-information, logical fallacies, and prejudice aren't very strong. You can't just all white Americans are racist just because you want to think they are. Anymore than I can say all British people are stupid because, my interaction with one British guy made me feel he was stupid. It doesn't make sense. Make sound opinions and you wont have anything to be worried about.

Also if u go to a country where u get attacked for being black fight back and then you get charged for the fight its not exactly a good first impression is it.

Sorry that happened I can see how you would be hesitant, but that doesn't justify saying all white Americans are racist.

And i wasnt takin the tone with you personally.

That can be true since you grouped me in with "you lot" you were obviously referring to me and people like me when you thought I was white.

My older bro went 2 jail 4 dealin and so i get stopped a lot by the police who prejudge me thinkin im a criminal like my bro who was only doin it so he could feed me and my sista and as i guess ur wealthy u dont understand how hard it is to get a good job wen u liv on an estate wiv no hopes of gettin a gud job or nuffin like dat. Also when someone says u lot by grouping them it just shortens me saying racist white americans obviously black americans arent included.

Your digging your own grave my friend. Again you called me rich and wealthy based on some weird pre-judice you have of me. why you would assume I was rich I have no idea. "You lot" does not shorten it for you to say racist white Americans. and every time you've said it you've included me in that group. Without knowing if I'm racist. So in essence you were calling me a racist, you lot mean "All you people"so saying that you only meant to imply racist whites when your argument said "you all" doesn't make sense. you can't group people for the sake of ease.

And to ur last point think about it martin luther king, malcolm x, tupac lots of black americans who have reached positions of power have been killed so what makes obama different. And mebe u think cos hes president he wont b killed but lotsa presidents have been killed too.

I said it was improbable, meaning it's unlikely. Your not American, you don't know what life is like over here. Obama has been publicly in the open for 2 years now, if people really wanted to kill them they could've easily done it by now, why wait until he gets into office to kill someone you don't think can run a country, and represent you.

To ur last point im posting my opinion u post urs if u dont like it say what u like but u cant tell me not to post what i want.

You can't have an argument based on pre-judice and false information it doesn't work like that. no matter how much you want it to it wont. you can't say the things you said because you think it to be true when it's not. It's just your prejudice anyone else can tell you that.

btw im guessin u r from a nice neighbourhood and havent experienced any 1st hand racism like i have so think about the perspective u r viewing it from. Me a working class english boy whos bin to america once and wen he did he was attacked by southern redneck white people and from ur point of view

Hey guess what you can afford to visit america? then your obviously not that poor, so stop acting like it. I can't afford to leave my state let alone my country. You can't play the "Class" card when the person you are saying is something isn't and when he has definently experienced things you can't even imagine.

So again make arguments that are based on facts not what you think it is.
phatcat
phatcat
24 posts
Nomad

@gmann1000

we are not all a little racists. We just tend to socialize with people who look like us. It is human nature.

That's very true, unfortunately, more often than not that's not the case. people actually HATE other people because of their race.
Alguzara
Alguzara
519 posts
Nomad

@phatcat
Sadly,thats true...
=[
Another thing , i think i said it before , but everyones is such a LITTLE rascist , =/

Devil_may_cry
Devil_may_cry
130 posts
Nomad

racism is a stupid and pointless thing that will allways be there. and as sad as it is no body in the world can stop it.

why u ask?

the more u fight it the more fuel u give it.

prof... all the same thngs from the past are still here.
(like the kkk nazi and so on)

well that what i think...

thank u for your time all.

have a good day

phatcat
phatcat
24 posts
Nomad

everyones is such a LITTLE rascist

I don't find that to be true anymore. I mean I don't go around making pre-judice decisions, and thoughts about people because of their background. I don't find myself superior, i don't fear anyone (unless they have really stern expressions that freak me out, but that can be anyone), I don't think myself superior, and I practice cultural pluralism.

I am however guilty of stereo typing in all it's form (race, gender, etcetera), I don't do it on purpose and I make sure never to act on any of those pre-judice in anyway until after I get to know the person.

Some consider stereo-typing a form of racism, but I don't see it as that it's definently related, but you know stereo-typing is one of those things you can't get rid of because a thing such as "first impressions" exist so you can't blame someone for thinking things about someone based on there out ward appearance, thinking about it now basing opinions on skin color is definently wrong, but the way people dress is an appropriate indicator, although this kinda leads into a different topic so I'll just stop there.
phatcat
phatcat
24 posts
Nomad

Oh! i just realized that on armor games theres a serf ranking thing (see post on other page.)

woody_7007
woody_7007
2,662 posts
Peasant

The word yank is short for yankee which means someone of American descent something that i dont think is at all offensive derogatory etc.

As u say the North and South were fighting over economic power, why then weren't they doing this before slaverty why only when abolitionism was entering peoples minds. The south had enough workers before slavery so why did they rely on it so much during this period? If the southern people were defending their way of life, surely a culture which depends upon slavery is not a good one?

I wasnt talking about Europe as a whole just GBR. Serfdom did definitely exist in places such as Russia and Spain but GBR has a rural working population, so we didnt need sefs.
Not only this but GBR intercepted 1600 slave ships and saved 150000 slaves which is setting a good example to the rest of the Western World Europe and America alike.(that fact was from the link thanks)

You were not there when i was attacked and as it happens his neck was red as they come so dont make assumptions and say dont bullshit me etc. Also i was not using the N word as u put it to offend people only quoting what the guy says to make a point about why i didnt like my time in America.

I can see why you say that but as i landed in NY drove all the way to Florida cos we couldnt afford a direct flight we passed through all the Southern states on the way. There were confederate flags everywhere and there was a very intimidating atmosphere about the places where we went, however people in NY treated us normal.

Why cant i group people for the sake of ease. You lot is something people say, dont read into it too deeply.

I stand by the point i made about the assassination. I just think that if he makes it as pesident someone somewhere will want to kill him.

Where in my argument have i included false information i am not just lying show me the incorrect facts. I may be stating opinions which you dont agree with which is fine but i think its stupid to completely disclaim my argument based on this.

The only reason i could afford to go to America is cos my Grandad was dying in hospital so we spent our savings to see him as he always supported us in GBR. Not only this but i dont belive i have to prove the fact i am poor to you or anyone you think i enjoy living in a sink estate in South London its not fun so dont assume i am rich just because i went to America.

Again my arguments are based on the facts that:
GBR abolished slavery nearly 60 yrs before most other countries.
When i went to America i was attacked cos i am black, retaliated and was charged myself.

Showing 46-60 of 84