ForumsThe Tavern(Nostalgia) Was AG better before?

1018 146917
Roger721
Roger721
1,100 posts
Nomad

Hello. While I was exploring AG-based Xats, I've met several unactive/banned/"old-school" AG Users. Most of them said that, one of the main reasons to their inactivity here is that the site was better before.

Is that true?

How better? They say that the threads had more quality back in time.

Well, I can't tell if it was. I joined June 26th, so that's not too much knowledge on our awesome site...

- R

• 1,018 Replies
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,988 posts
Grand Duke

It was a thread with a changing topic, basically like a chat room. I would link you to it, but it got deleted for some reason...

No wonder so many of you slipped near a thousand posts.
dudeguy45
dudeguy45
2,920 posts
Peasant

Then lets start it again!

I feel like the old guy with no friends all the time, just popping in and out to correct/scold rookies, cuz as I have stated, all my friends are gone or banned.

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,988 posts
Grand Duke

Then lets start it again!

I feel like the old guy with no friends all the time, just popping in and out to correct/scold rookies, cuz as I have stated, all my friends are gone or banned.

Talk to me then, even though we were once at loggerheads. Just I hope your maturing process is true.

Anyway, as for TTICA, we're not sure why it got deleted.
JohnGarell
JohnGarell
1,752 posts
Peasant

What's TTICA

This Thread Is Currently About *Random*.

Anyway, as for TTICA, we're not sure why it got deleted.

It thought it just was locked.
ATC3
ATC3
76 posts
Nomad

It used to be better community and respect for the rules. Now many users don't care about using profanity.

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,988 posts
Grand Duke

It thought it just was locked.

Deleted. Try searching for it. As far as I know the mods didn't do it.
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,988 posts
Grand Duke

It used to be better community and respect for the rules. Now many users don't care about using profanity.

Always been that way, and not all words censored are profanities. The word R A P E is censored for example. Anyway, I don't see profanities much on the Forums...do you mean on walls?
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,988 posts
Grand Duke

Deleted. Try searching for it. As far as I know the mods didn't do it.

Really? O.o That's weird, I thought it was just locked.

Ghost, Kyozou and Knight had their post count slashed by near a thousand, I'm guessing it came from there. Also, I think someone mentioned earlier in the thread about it being deleted.
dudeguy45
dudeguy45
2,920 posts
Peasant

Well maybe if it just doesn't derail, we can start a new one. Or maybe they want it under forum games, but I hope not.

sensanaty
sensanaty
1,094 posts
Nomad

Well maybe if it just doesn't derail, we can start a new one.

Bad idea, considering the IQ level of most of the new users.
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,988 posts
Grand Duke

Ouch... That's too bad.

I remember going to the TTICA and it being locked. Maybe it got locked at first and then deleted?

Check out...I forgot who's page it was. Ghosts? He and Cen were discussing it and Cen mooted the possibility that the admins touched a wrong button.
GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,622 posts
Herald

No, it was just locked, it got deleted a few hours ago. I logged off last night with 7,077 posts and logged on at 7 AM and had 6,484.

As for AG, I wasn't here for the "golden age", but I did like this site more November of '10 to January '11, just seemed better to me at those times. Now this forum is pretty inactive and the threads don't interest me anymore.

Cenere
Cenere
13,658 posts
Jester

1. I don't know what happened to the thread. I asked the others, we will see if it was them or the server having a hiccup or the admins doing stuff or something.
2. I doubt any of us mods would allow the thread to be remade, as such a thread obviously needs to be heavily moderated to run smoothly, and none of us would want to be the one getting the short straw and looking after something that is basically a chat.
3. You are starting to drift offtopic a bit, and the replies are getting shorter. Are you all going to act like newbies? :P

Anyone remember that AG news... thread Fst6 had running a while back? With the interviews and user of the week and what not? It seemed to act a bit like an archive, since our resident archiver likes procrastinating the archives.

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,988 posts
Grand Duke

3. You are starting to drift offtopic a bit, and the replies are getting shorter. Are you all going to act like newbies? :P

Forgive us Cen, sometimes us old geezers run out of breath. :P

Anyone remember that AG news... thread Fst6 had running a while back? With the interviews and user of the week and what not? It seemed to act a bit like an archive, since our resident archiver likes procrastinating the archives.

Bummer, do I. Pain in the neck getting it out each week. Also, who is our resident archiver?
sensanaty
sensanaty
1,094 posts
Nomad

2. I doubt any of us mods would allow the thread to be remade, as such a thread obviously needs to be heavily moderated to run smoothly, and none of us would want to be the one getting the short straw and looking after something that is basically a chat.

Perhaps 2 or 3 mods taking shifts? Ugh I don't know, maybe it's not the best idea to keep it running, considering how much spam is on the regular posts these days, that would be chaos on a chat-like thread.

Are you all going to act like newbies? :P

Never! D:

It rings a bell, when was it open/active?
Showing 121-135 of 1018