ForumsThe Tavern(Nostalgia) Was AG better before?

1018 147002
Roger721
Roger721
1,100 posts
Nomad

Hello. While I was exploring AG-based Xats, I've met several unactive/banned/"old-school" AG Users. Most of them said that, one of the main reasons to their inactivity here is that the site was better before.

Is that true?

How better? They say that the threads had more quality back in time.

Well, I can't tell if it was. I joined June 26th, so that's not too much knowledge on our awesome site...

- R

• 1,018 Replies
dudeguy45
dudeguy45
2,920 posts
Peasant

Anyone remember that AG news... thread Fst6 had running a while back?

Very vaguely, but I was such a noob back then, I didn't know anyone on there and I was just trying to fit in by trolling. I remember fst6 though, he was a good guy.
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,988 posts
Grand Duke

I remember fst6 though, he was a good guy.

He was such an immature troll at times, harassing a good number of people.
master565
master565
4,107 posts
Nomad

Cen stalks this thread

Once again, Cen never fails to stalk.

In her bed, sleeping as of this moment.

Of course Cen knows this.

wake her up now! she isnt doing her job, she doesnt deserve to sleep!

I remember her doing that to you once to get you to post on a thread.

Ironic isn't quite the word to describe it, but this thread is talking about how all the other threads and the community are fairly bad, and it's been the best thread in over a month. Probably because it's attracting only the oldies to post on it rather than the newbies.
Maverick4
Maverick4
6,804 posts
Peasant

Because old Fabian hasn't been writing

You ego, you.

all my friends are gone or banned

*coughsputtersputtercoughcough*

Yeah, I'm totally banned right now you noob. >.>

I remember fst6 though, he was a good guy

After he got bumped down to Number 2 after being Number 1 for 15 minutes, he went funny. Apparently someone got a mod to delete all their comments, and he lost a few hundered points. And then his inner troll came out.

Hey, does anybody remember TSL? Whatever happened to him? He got major trolled, and then...
Graham
Graham
8,052 posts
Nomad

TSL3 rage-quitted for whatever reason. I remember seeing his profile cursing at something.

I don't remember fst6's news thread being of any major notoriety..

fst6 reminds me of the strange occurrence of banned users posting in the forums.

and eastside4life

knight_34
knight_34
13,822 posts
Farmer

Hey, does anybody remember TSL? Whatever happened to him? He got major trolled, and then...

I'll tell you at CountingTime.

Dear AG,

I lost around 1100 posts from TTICA while I was asleep... and they weren't even part of the crap that was posted when the thread blew out.

Yours scornfully,

knight_34
Maverick4
Maverick4
6,804 posts
Peasant

I'll tell you at CountingTime

That crap is too confusing for my simple mind. I"ll just live questioning, thanks.

I lost around 1100 posts from TTICA

I lost... 6.
master565
master565
4,107 posts
Nomad

TTICA WAS DELETED? AGH I ONLY HAVE 2900 POSTS NOW.

ohwait, i had that many before it was deleted, give or take a few.

knight_34
knight_34
13,822 posts
Farmer

Losing 1100 posts and 4000 AP arouses suspicion. I'm not the type who goes around posting five words comments.

That crap is too confusing for my simple mind. I"ll just live questioning, thanks.

If you don't go, even for a short while, I'll never tell you. Can't on here.
Maverick4
Maverick4
6,804 posts
Peasant

Yeah, about the same :P I wasn't that interested in the forums at the time, I guess. But now I want it back... To see what it was like... D:

Well, I never thought they were ever talking about anything that was actually interesting. There was a sammich topic for awhile, but I only had a mild flirtation with it.

If you don't go, even for a short while, I'll never tell you. Can't on here

Well, it can't be that bad, can it? I'm fine with not knowing actually.
knight_34
knight_34
13,822 posts
Farmer

Well, it can't be that bad, can it? I'm fine with not knowing actually.

Actually, the truth would be bad for someone else that's a regular in this community. We all know though. Can't really tell you who is we on here.
JohnGarell
JohnGarell
1,752 posts
Peasant

all my friends are gone or banned.

Umm: no.

Very vaguely, but I was such a noob back then

It's spelled: n00b.

Hey, does anybody remember TSL?

No, but I've seen some people who have friended him.
dudeguy45
dudeguy45
2,920 posts
Peasant

To Mav: your not my friend.

I remember it so clearly. There was a thread that was jsut pure spam. deserteagle, lieutenut and TSL3 told them to stop. They got banned, lieu and desert perma, and TSL3 temp because "they should know better than to post in a spam thread".

This is the internet equivalent of a senior center.
Cenere
Cenere
13,658 posts
Jester

and eastside4life

Oh right, the death threat kid. Amusing.

Knight, we are currently trying to figure out what happened to that thread. Apparently no one have any clue of what is going on, and the staff is rather - silent.

It's spelled: n00b.

It's spelled noob by non-noobs, and it's usually a rather bad word to say about yourself or others. Newbie is better.

That said, more topic, less individual users.
dudeguy45
dudeguy45
2,920 posts
Peasant

Oh right, the death threat kid. Amusing.

Just one more user-question!

How did he hack our impermeable defense that is ARMOR GAMES? And when did he threat death?
Showing 136-150 of 1018