ForumsThe Tavern(Nostalgia) Was AG better before?

1018 147190
Roger721
Roger721
1,100 posts
Nomad

Hello. While I was exploring AG-based Xats, I've met several unactive/banned/"old-school" AG Users. Most of them said that, one of the main reasons to their inactivity here is that the site was better before.

Is that true?

How better? They say that the threads had more quality back in time.

Well, I can't tell if it was. I joined June 26th, so that's not too much knowledge on our awesome site...

- R

• 1,018 Replies
Maverick4
Maverick4
6,804 posts
Peasant

How did he hack our impermeable defense that is ARMOR GAMES

He lured away all the hedgehogs.
dudeguy45
dudeguy45
2,920 posts
Peasant

Oh, that was a good prank. The most recent one was a tad to serious for me.

Cenere
Cenere
13,658 posts
Jester

And when did he threat death?

After getting permabanned, getting an alt banned and then concluding it was all my fault. He made two alts with the names of known nazis, wrote how he was going to get all his friends and find me and burn me and my gay, black friends. And then he got permabanned again.
And yes, it was him, because the moron used the same photobucket account as his main account...

Anyway, nostalgia, right? Like the theme from the ASC. Then there was the MWT, but that is just something AMW vets will remember.
Was there ever a time when the Popmed section wasn't spammed with "fave book/artist/song" threads?
Roger721
Roger721
1,100 posts
Nomad

Well, responding to posts since the tenth page.

In other words, in order for this place to lose talent, people would have had to have left when things were still good.

"You only know how good it was when you don't have it anymore"

and the fact that even my most mediocre peice of writing could get a comment, while I can write an entire page worth of post and get nothing.

*cough, cough* I post there! Sometimes...

Another awesome person who I never had the fortune to meet. :/

Same thing here, pal.

Forums are sucky right now. And aren't that fun. Also look at the activity, it's all hours ago by _____. It used to be just 1now by, a few minutes ago by _____, etc. Threads are meh.

Truth. As a regular on the New Gen community, I've been tired lately... tired of waiting the threads I like to have a response.
Roger721
Roger721
1,100 posts
Nomad

{sorry for DP, but lack of editing capabilities suck}

What page of the tavern is TTICA in now?

Last time I checked (months ago) it was "This thread is locked indefinitely" and sported a lock post by Gantic.

I do have fond memories of this site, and I'll return for AG3, but you wont see me around all that much.

That's what all the other vets say! That's why I hope that the Vet Party make a successful revolution and save this community. Or at least make it better. But acting by the rules, so they don't end like Zega .

Then lets start it again!

It would be cool, but, humanity... *tsk, tsk*

Now many users don't care about using profanity.

I wouldn't say "don't care". They just don't mind to write non-profane things in a regular basis.

Also, I think someone mentioned earlier in the thread about it being deleted.

Dang it! There is a traitor among us. Someone must have seen it and realized "Hey! That spam nest is still alive, but locked! Time to get rid of it."

Bad idea, considering the IQ level of most of the new users.

That's what I mean with "humanity *tsk, tsk*"

1. I don't know what happened to the thread. I asked the others, we will see if it was them or the server having a hiccup or the admins doing stuff or something.

Servers are alive? A stalker among us is more probable. You, Cen, can't be accused, anyway. As a vet and a nostalgic AGer would not do that with those precious memories.

You are starting to drift offtopic a bit, and the replies are getting shorter. Are you all going to act like newbies? :P

"Who deal with monsters must avoid becoming one".

and it's been the best thread in over a month. Probably because it's attracting only the oldies to post on it rather than the newbies.

I feel good to hear this. VERY good. My best thread so far!

8-D

After he got bumped down to Number 2 after being Number 1 for 15 minutes, he went funny. Apparently someone got a mod to delete all their comments, and he lost a few hundered points. And then his inner troll came out.

The pressure of being the second again was too much for the poor fst6...

Dear AG,

I lost around 1100 posts from TTICA while I was asleep... and they weren't even part of the crap that was posted when the thread blew out.

Yours scornfully,

knight_34

That would make me angry. But there is a quote in portuguese that says: "The just pays for the sinner."

I'll tell you at CountingTime

*thumbs up*

How did he hack our impermeable defense that is ARMOR GAMES?

Good question! The shield and swords were supposed to protect us!

After getting permabanned, getting an alt banned and then concluding it was all my fault. He made two alts with the names of known nazis, wrote how he was going to get all his friends and find me and burn me and my gay, black friends. And then he got permabanned again.
And yes, it was him, because the moron used the same photobucket account as his main account...

Whoa... he definitely snapped. Big time.

Abbreviations should be spelled out.

Yeah so I can really understand what they mean...
Kyouzou
Kyouzou
5,062 posts
Jester

Dear AG,

I lost around 1100 posts from TTICA while I was asleep... and they weren't even part of the crap that was posted when the thread blew out.

Yours scornfully,

knight_34

This. So irritating...

Well he didn't lose it at all. I really hope he was thirteen and trying to act cool, otherwise that's a really bad outlook to have on life.

It would be cool, but, humanity...

I don't know, the thread did great, until that influx of newbies who actually did treat it as a chat thread. The original idea was that there would be a topic, and then as the conversation progressed we would just gradually shift into another topic, it wasn't multiple topics per day, and there was very little spam.
Roger721
Roger721
1,100 posts
Nomad

Sometimes ain't gonna cut it buddy.

D:

stop discussing me

Are we discussing you? Are you sure you posted in the correct thread?

Well he didn't lose it at all. I really hope he was thirteen and trying to act cool, otherwise that's a really bad outlook to have on life.

Hmm... good point.

I don't know, the thread did great, until that influx of newbies who actually did treat it as a chat thread. The original idea was that there would be a topic, and then as the conversation progressed we would just gradually shift into another topic, it wasn't multiple topics per day, and there was very little spam.

I know. But these days it's all SPAMGEEZOMGL33TWRITINGnocapitalizationatallORALLCAPSYAYAYAY!

I would LOVE to post in TTICA. It would be an AG-Life achievement to me.
Kyouzou
Kyouzou
5,062 posts
Jester

But these days it's all SPAMGEEZOMGL33TWRITINGnocapitalizationatallORALLCAPSYAYAYAY!

Really? I haven't seen it that much, perhaps that's just because I don't do much in the Tavern.

I would LOVE to post in TTICA. It would be an AG-Life achievement to me.

Posting in a non-existent thread would be a life achievement for all of us.
thaboss
thaboss
1,649 posts
Nomad

Wait... pardon to interrupt with utter newbieness, but could anyone get an image/wayback machine of this fabled TTICA? Is it this? That's the only one thaboss could find.

dudeguy45
dudeguy45
2,920 posts
Peasant

8-D

Any reason you posted a penor?

Yeah it would seem that way...

Without realizing it this guy is just fueling the fire.

Have I mentioned this thread is like a senior centre?
Roger721
Roger721
1,100 posts
Nomad

Oh... My.. GOSH.. IT'S ONE OF THEM!! D:

Don't worry. It's an overly exaggerated example. Still scary, though *shudders*

Me too. Apparently I did, because I had 1700 posts last night and 1690 something this morning. But... I don't remember. So that doesn't cut it.

Let's make a TTICA Revival petition! But with an anti-spam plea.

Are you one of those...
Kyouzou
Kyouzou
5,062 posts
Jester

Have I mentioned this thread is like a senior centre?

I don't know, I'm only from '09 but I have had a lot of good times here.

That was indeed it thaboss, although about 500 pages, before it was locked, I still can't believe we managed that many posts in just a few months.
thaboss
thaboss
1,649 posts
Nomad

And is talking in the third person your thing?

More like MrPockets thing. He started the club. So can anyone get a more updated link to this thread?

And on the matter of the original topic, even though thaboss is only a year old here, (about) it still kind of seems to him that in the last six months or so, the thread quality has seemed to decrease horribly.
Roger721
Roger721
1,100 posts
Nomad

{Dang! My mouse is awful. Can a mod delete the previous post, please? Thank you}

Oh... My.. GOSH.. IT'S ONE OF THEM!! D:

Don't worry. It's an overly exaggerated example. Still scary, though *shudders*

Me too. Apparently I did, because I had 1700 posts last night and 1690 something this morning. But... I don't remember. So that doesn't cut it.

Let's make a TTICA Revival petition! But with an anti-spam plea.

Are you one of those... SPAMGEEZOMGL33TWRITINGnocapitalizationatallORALLCAPSYAYAYAY!

Really? I haven't seen it that much, perhaps that's just because I don't do much in the Tavern.

Not necessarily like this, but {I'm not a grammar nazi, yet} there are a lot of 7 or less words posts with no capitaliztion, severe miswritings and such. Those from the example are rare, but happen.

Posting in a non-existent thread would be a life achievement for all of us.

I see what you did there ¬¬

I mean, having a quality post in TTICA, or posting in it while it was alive would be an achievement to me.

Any reason you posted a penor?

Imagine that as an emoticon with sunglasses and a cool grin.

Wait... pardon to interrupt with utter newbieness, but could anyone get an image/wayback machine of this fabled TTICA? Is it this? That's the only one thaboss could find.

Roger721 is amazed by how thaboss found a thread in a way that it looked like reborn from the ashes. Thank thaboss.
Maverick4
Maverick4
6,804 posts
Peasant

D:

Of course, you can always redeem yourself.
Showing 151-165 of 1018