ForumsWEPRHomosexuality

704 155395
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,988 posts
Grand Duke

Since this topic hasn't been popping up much, and since the old threads are all so cluttered up, I took the liberty of creating this new one.

So yes, someone asked me for sources about my claims that 1500 species of animals practice homosexual behaviour? Here.

Source 1

Source 2

Now on to one of the sub questions. Is it natural? Well, someone mentioned that it wasn't natural only for humans. Now, why this discrimination? If the Gods of various religions keep throwing and creating people who are homosexual, either a) They're bad factory operators or b) Something is fishy with whatever anti-gay talk religious conservatives swear is sacred.

• 704 Replies
HahiHa
HahiHa
8,259 posts
Regent

Homosexuality is just plain weird. I think it should be completely outlawed. Not just frowned upon, but outlawed, too.

It may be weird, but it's perfectly natural. And no, it's not contagious. And no, people don' just suddenly choose to be gay, they're born with it. And yes, you could just leave them be and turn around. That's called tolerance.
Kasic
Kasic
5,556 posts
Jester

I think it should be completely outlawed.

Why.

just plain weird.

Putting ketchup on donuts is weird. Should we outlaw that? No. Something being weird isn't cause for it being outlawed.

Not just frowned upon

Why should it even be frowned upon? What's wrong with it?
zakyman
zakyman
1,631 posts
Peasant

Homosexuality is just plain weird. I think it should be completely outlawed. Not just frowned upon, but outlawed, too.

And here we have another example of some right-winged baptist trying to claim "holier than thou" status.
Avorne
Avorne
3,087 posts
Nomad

By the way, I don't know if it has already been raised here before, but what do you all think of the Tennessee 'Don't say gay' bill?

HahiHa
HahiHa
8,259 posts
Regent

By the way, I don't know if it has already been raised here before, but what do you all think of the Tennessee 'Don't say gay' bill?

What is it about? Prohibiting use of the word 'gay'? If yes, it sounds stupid. Probably just some people who get red ears everytime they hear the word, who are too sensitive.
Avorne
Avorne
3,087 posts
Nomad

While I'm not sure of the exact text - I found this on some website called Businessinsider:

The Nashville Scene's Jeff Woods reports that a bill that would ban teaching Tennessee grade schoolers about homosexuality has made it out of a state House subcommittee Wednesday and will now go before the full legislature.

The "Don't Say Gay" bill would ban any instruction not related to ânatural human reproduction scienceâ until the ninth grade in Tennessee public schools.

The bill has already passed the state senate.

Woods writes that House education subcommittee chair Joey Hensley had earlier admonished all Tennessee parents not to let their children watch âModern Familyâ on television because they might discover there are homosexuals in the world, even if teachers can't say the word gay in schools.
thebluerabbit
thebluerabbit
5,346 posts
Farmer

I think it should be completely outlawed.

Why.

the same reason any VERY extreme jew would think bacon should be banned. :3

what is that? and why? to not hurt people? or because they are SO extreme that they think just hearing that word might "infect" people with homosexuality?

eaither way... its stupid. not to mention there is this weird habbit of calling something gay just because you dont like it. and from what ive experienced even most gays do that XD
thebluerabbit
thebluerabbit
5,346 posts
Farmer

ok never mind about asking what it is. avorne ninjad me and answered the question. but wow that is stupid. i mean, if someone would be gay he wouldnt even know theres SUPPOSEDLY something wrong with it for some people, wouldnt know that there is a word for what he feels and would think that he is the only one in the world thats like that.

its kind of impossible though since all they have to do is use the internet and i doubt they will bann the internet or forbiden it for children who are younger then 14. homophobia has some pretty funny stupid results

stephenking
stephenking
2,413 posts
Nomad

That post reminds me of one time when some guy told me he hated Star Trek because one of the original cast was gay. I facepalm'd for 2 weeks after that.
HahiHa
HahiHa
8,259 posts
Regent

That's just... wow. So much ignorance, and it will only lead to more ignorance. On purpose, that is.
Informing people opens the way to tolerance, keeping people uninformned about homosexuality will only lead to further persecution, fear and inacceptance, and basically falls back to the Middle-Age where only the clergy could read.

MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,470 posts
Farmer

That post reminds me of one time when some guy told me he hated Star Trek because one of the original cast was gay. I facepalm'd for 2 weeks after that.

You know George Takei posts some pretty funny stuff on his facebook page.

http://www.facebook.com/#!/georgehtakei
NoNameC68
NoNameC68
5,043 posts
Shepherd

Weird Al is weird. Ban Weird Al?

Haters gonna hate.
stephenking
stephenking
2,413 posts
Nomad

Ah, another thing. I could say the exact same about heterosexuality and say it should be outlawed. Nothing is "just plain weird."

-Stephen
SubZero007
SubZero007
883 posts
Peasant

Merely the statement &quotlain weird" is an oxymoron; therefore, your entire statement is invalid.
delossantosj
delossantosj
6,680 posts
Nomad

I actually did an assignment on this, so the best way to express my oppinion and thoughts is to just put it here for you guys.

Civil Unions are one of the most controversial and talked about things in the United States right now. The actual definition of a Civil Unions is: A legally recognized union of a same-sex couple, with rights similar to those of marriage, or to put it more simply, gay marriage. many people argue whether same sex couples should be allowed to marry based on religion, marriage benefits, discrimination, love, child adoption, and just the turn it will make on the general population, however there really isnât any reason why civil unions or gay marriages shouldnât be legal.

There is literally no logical reason for Civil Unions to be illegal. Personal beliefs, religion, and emotion have little to no place in politics and when you remove those three things, there is no reason not to legalize it. The separation of the church of state is one of the most important things in keeping the United States what it is. And while it doesnât specifically state in the bill of rights, the origin of the term is ultimately meaningless. Our government has always been secular and will always be we hope to maintain our freedom, our first amendment rights, and our power at the world stage. Our country is a republic, the founding fathers were worried that mob rule would occur in a democracy and not all individualsâ rights would be upheld. More than that, our government does not exist to give morals and upheld personal beliefs to promote freedom. Gay marriage is a moral dilemma and therefore should be none of the governmentâs concern. It shouldnât even be put to vote really, it should just be legal.

The main reason for denying marriage to gay couples is that all major religions consider homosexuality a sin. Freedom of religion guarantees someone the right to practice, or not practice should that be their choosing, any religion they want. It also prevents the government from creating any law respecting a religious establishment. This is what creates a secular government by not creating a national religion, which by the way is why people came to the United States in the first place. One of the other reasons why people say civil unions should be illegal is because marriage is a âreligiousâ ceremony. This is in fact wrong; marriage derived from a Roman ceremony which predates the first Jewish marriage, therefore, not religious.

One of the arguments posed by many people is that it doesnât particularly harm anyone. If marriage is a partnership between two people, how can it hurt anyone outside of the relationship? The whole thing is quite frankly none of anyone elseâs business. If churches or other organizations disapprove for moral reasons, that is their full right, but the government shouldnât say what two people can or canât do if it isnât particularly harming anyone.
One of the biggest problems in illegalizing civil unions is that gay couples donât have the same rights such as financial benefits from being married, other benefits such as joint ownership, or medical decisions. For example, lets theoretically say that a man is has suddenly become extremely ill this man is gay and has been with his partner for over 20 years; medical decisions such as cases were surgery should be done or not wouldnât even be allowed because the manâs partner is not his spouse or direct family member; visitation will probably not be even allowed. This is not only discrimination but is out right cruel to deny these rights to a couple like this just because they donât fit in the state definition. Aside from this, marriage effects not only medical decisions, but also agency law, and tax filing status, which effects a great deal in life.

In conclusion, the whole point of making same sex marriages illegal is based off of almost bigot logic. America was created off of the concept of the majority ruling but not at the expense of the minority. It is the main reason why we have things like the bill of rights, anti-slavery laws, and other equal rights act. Not allowing gay couples to marry is pretty much the same thing as not allowing Blacks or Hispanics to marry.

Showing 616-630 of 704