ForumsWEPRHeaven is for Real

81 27516
dair5
dair5
3,379 posts
Shepherd

This isn't about how I feel about heaven being real. It's more about how this boy feels about heaven.

Heaven is for Real

So this boy had a near-death experience and he wanted to share what he saw there. WHat do you think about it, do you belive it? Do you think he was just seeing things? Post your opinion.

• 81 Replies
stephenking
stephenking
2,413 posts
Nomad

Religion is never about knowledge. They believe based on impulse; they don't really care much for evidence which I find is small-minded
Ah, yes. Thank you for describing it to the people out there.
macfan1
macfan1
421 posts
Nomad

I completely believe it.

stephenking
stephenking
2,413 posts
Nomad

Oh, **** it. You're back.

314d1
314d1
3,817 posts
Nomad

I completely believe it.

Compelling argument. Oh wait. That is spam. And so is this. Great. Now look, you have set off a avalanche.

Not to mention the fact that you just randomly stated a belief. Why do you believe it? What is it? How do you get there? What goes there? It doesn't exist.
macfan1
macfan1
421 posts
Nomad

In the book the kid saw what was going on in another room in the hospital. Proof.

314d1
314d1
3,817 posts
Nomad

In the book the kid saw what was going on in another room in the hospital. Proof.

What? That wasn't a sentence, let alone proof. What happened?
macfan1
macfan1
421 posts
Nomad

Well you still get the point.

stephenking
stephenking
2,413 posts
Nomad

314d1 Don't get involved. He's a troll. I know him from the other topics. I'll handle this.

314d1
314d1
3,817 posts
Nomad

314d1 Don't get involved. He's a troll. I know him from the other topics. I'll handle this.

But that would be no fun, now would it?
stephenking
stephenking
2,413 posts
Nomad

Alright, but don't get pissed when he makes outlandish claims.

R3LOAD
R3LOAD
532 posts
Peasant

You're both off-topic, lolzor.

Anywho, I don't believe it's made up, no, because if it was, I'm sure many people would have said they'd 'experienced heaven', as a lot of people have near-death experiences, like my friend's dad, techincally speaking, he's died 4 times, no joke.

I believe it's more of a dream or something, or just the kid's imagination running wild, making him believe he's been to Heaven. That sort of stuff happens, no?

So, my conclusion? He's no liar, but he's not truthin' either.

dair5
dair5
3,379 posts
Shepherd

So, my conclusion? He's no liar, but he's not truthin' either.

Yeah, its not the kids fault that he thinks he saw heaven. If the parents knew better they would've told him the truth. Ugh, its almost as if no one is to blame. But if we want the problem fixed then the people need to be educated on this sort of thing. And even that is hard to do in certain (if not most places).
R3LOAD
R3LOAD
532 posts
Peasant

Yeah, its not the kids fault that he thinks he saw heaven. If the parents knew better they would've told him the truth. Ugh, its almost as if no one is to blame. But if we want the problem fixed then the people need to be educated on this sort of thing. And even that is hard to do in certain (if not most places).

My thoughts exactly.

But saying that, I do believe that the dad's selling of this book is somewhat connected to greed. But he's a religious man, is he not? I reckon that somewhere in that head of his, he actually believes his son's words.
BRAAINZz
BRAAINZz
787 posts
Nomad

1) Free will exists (follows from direct perceptions).
2) The soul is the incorporeal essence of oneself (by definition).
3) Free will is about voluntary choice, being able to choose one�s own actions; the freedom to make choices that are not determined by prior causes. (By definition.)
4) Therefore, free will is itself a cause and not an effect in its interactions with corporeality (follows from 3)
5) So if free will exists, its basis must be incorporeal. (Follows from 4. If free will exists it has to have some kind of existence; and from 4 free will is not an effect in its interactions with corporeality, the basis of free will cannot be corporeal, the only alternative left is the incorporeal.)
6)The self chooses one�s own actions (part of the definition of free will, i.e. from line 3), and is thus the basis of free will.
7)The basis of the self must be incorporeal if free will exists, since the basis of free will must be incorporeal, and the basis of free will is the self (from 2, 5 and 6).

Actually, it is scientifically proven that there is no such thing as free will. The human brain determines what it's going to do before we actually think of doing it.

BRAAINZz
BRAAINZz
787 posts
Nomad

@ nichodemus, sry for not including it.

Showing 61-75 of 81