ForumsWEPRHeaven is for Real

81 27518
dair5
dair5
3,379 posts
Shepherd

This isn't about how I feel about heaven being real. It's more about how this boy feels about heaven.

Heaven is for Real

So this boy had a near-death experience and he wanted to share what he saw there. WHat do you think about it, do you belive it? Do you think he was just seeing things? Post your opinion.

• 81 Replies
MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,470 posts
Farmer

Uh-huh. And how do you know the parents didn't teach him such stuff? They said they didn't, but who's to say that they actually didn't? We're simply buying their word for it.

It's also very possible they didn't and he obtained the information some place else such as the internet, tv, radio, or church. It's not mind blowingly impossible for a kid to know something that the parents don't.
partydevil
partydevil
5,132 posts
Jester

So this boy had a near-death experience and he wanted to share what he saw there. WHat do you think about it, do you belive it? Do you think he was just seeing things? Post your opinion.

i believe that his parents pressed the view of a heaven in that boy's head. the boy believes it so much that he started seeing things.
thebluerabbit
thebluerabbit
5,346 posts
Farmer

yup... techincally we all dream. why is his dream more real then our dreams? we cant remember more then half our dreams. im sure most of us have dreamed of heaven or something like that at least once. im not underestimating anything but the fact that he is near death doesnt make it much more spcial then sleeping

zakyman
zakyman
1,631 posts
Peasant

I once dreamed that I had turned into a cupcake and that everywhere I went there was ice cream (I was 8 at the time, give me a break).

Does that make my dream the truth?

BoredMartian
BoredMartian
676 posts
Nomad

I really, really, hope it is for real. Also, I really really hope Hell isn't real. That's all I can say.

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,987 posts
Grand Duke

I really, really, hope it is for real. Also, I really really hope Hell isn't real. That's all I can say.

Well, the concept of Heaven and Hell is taken for granted to be what your local pastor tells you. Who's to know that they are such? Furthermore, it isn't really one's choice to be sorted into any of them.
thebluerabbit
thebluerabbit
5,346 posts
Farmer

Heaven isn't real. Can't be. People been to space and ain't seen ****. So this boy be lyin, no? How the wtfh he bein tha? Oooo, he been to heaven, no he ****in hasn't. He obviously hasn't , else how does it fail to exist? Obviously theists is lyinhg to you boy!

i doubt i have to say this... but you have to know SOMETHING to judge ANYTHING.

no one believes heaven is in space...

what are you trying to do... disproove religion?

Obviously theists is lyinhg to you boy!

i guess this answeres my rethorical question...

please think before you post anything in any subject...

why would a little child lie anyway? it could be a dream. and who knows? it actually COULD be heaven.
Kasic
Kasic
5,556 posts
Jester

why would a little child lie anyway?

For attention and praise. Although this may not be the case. The child probably just believes whatever he saw to be real and is not old enough to know that such a thing like a NDE is just chemicals in the brain, not an actual vision. The same way they might wake up screaming from a nightmare and run to mommy because they seriously think that the monster in thier dream is real.
thebluerabbit
thebluerabbit
5,346 posts
Farmer

Obvously heaven doesn't exist. Nobody has seen people's souls when we go round rummaging inside people's bodies, therefore how the **** can it go to heaven if it doesn't fundamentally exist and noone can find the heaven anyway? What kind of dumb logic is that? Seriously you theists gotta get a life.

you mean get a life like creating more accounts? XD

anyway, this isnt what the thread is about. the fact that you cant find something doesnt mean it doesnt exist. paralel dimension is a good enough term for you?

nobody has seen emotions and minds either. we all know they exist though
thebluerabbit
thebluerabbit
5,346 posts
Farmer

cant prove it. but we can assume it exists too. im not saying it exists. what im saying is that you cant say it doesnt exist

MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,470 posts
Farmer

cant prove it. but we can assume it exists too. im not saying it exists. what im saying is that you cant say it doesnt exist

What put's us in a position to make such an assumption? If we have no evidence it would seem we have nothing to base such an assumption on.
As for being able to say that it doesn't exist we do have evidence that this life is all there is based on how we function. If this is the case we can say such a place as an afterlife is likely to not exist.
partydevil
partydevil
5,132 posts
Jester

nobody has seen emotions and minds either

talk whit some1 face-to-face sometime
you will see emotions.

as for minds/ghosts. we havn't seen them and they do not exist.
what people "feel" is low-frequentsy sound (infrasound) that humans can not hear.
but we can feel it and it gives a bad feeling.
that is what people "feel" when they think there are ghosts around.

from discovery channel:

Low-frequency sound waves, called infrasound, can create a sense of discomfort that sometimes includes the sensation of a presence in the room. Infrasound waves might vibrate the human eye but not be detected by the human ear. Infrasound can be caused by something as harmless as the vibrations of an air fan inside its casing. Of course, if you believe in ghosts, you may believe the sound waves, cold spots and weird feelings come from something less scientifically explainable - perhaps a ghost?

more details here:
Low-frequency Sound Waves
Several experiments have demonstrated that low-frequency sound waves, known as infrasound, can cause phenomena that people typically associate with ghosts.
MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,470 posts
Farmer

as for minds/ghosts. we havn't seen them and they do not exist.
what people "feel" is low-frequentsy sound (infrasound) that humans can not hear.
but we can feel it and it gives a bad feeling.
that is what people "feel" when they think there are ghosts around.

High electromagnetic fields can also have similar affects on people, but I find infrasound to be a more likely cause in most cases.
This bit of evidence on infrasound was the final nail in the coffin for the existence of ghosts with me. (no pun intended)
ProfessorTree
ProfessorTree
2 posts
Peasant

I've been looking at a lot of these questions and they would be answered by picking up a Bible and looking through it. An internet source would also be good like: Biblos.com

sensanaty
sensanaty
1,094 posts
Nomad

I've been looking at a lot of these questions and they would be answered by picking up a Bible and looking through it

You Christians enrage me.

techincally we all dream. why is his dream more real then our dreams? we cant remember more then half our dreams

As Nicho said, I could have dreamed that I am a pink unicorn, and I can say that I am a pink unicorn. Will people believe me? Nope. What will people do? They'll send me to a mental hospital, that's what
Showing 16-30 of 81