ForumsThe TavernMath Thread

386 67827
daleks
daleks
3,770 posts
Chamberlain

This thread is just what the title says it is. It is all about Math. You can post math jokes(the jokes don't have to be good), math questions, what you like about Math, or even why you hate Math.

My math joke: Resistance is not futile. It is voltage divided by amps.

• 386 Replies
11pikachu11
11pikachu11
167 posts
Nomad

OH NO i dont want to go and do maths!!!!!!!!

invalid777
invalid777
2,074 posts
Nomad

This is confusing.

Anyway, do any of you guys know any basic fun programs that can be made on the TI 83/84?

Here's a basic one to make other people screw up:

:clrhome
:While 1
: Input " " , A
isp A + 1
:End

d_dude
d_dude
3,525 posts
Peasant

Why was 6 afraid of 7? Because 7 a- because 7 was a convicted murderer that was let out on good behavior after 30 years, and it had a hook for a hand.

invalid777
invalid777
2,074 posts
Nomad

Why was 6 afraid of 7? Because 7 a- because 7 was a convicted murderer that was let out on good behavior after 30 years, and it had a hook for a hand.

Lol nice. I thought you would say "Because seven ate nine".
daleks
daleks
3,770 posts
Chamberlain

OH NO i dont want to go and do maths!!!!!!!!

Speaking of that I have 3 tests tomorrow.

PreCalc- Logs and stuff. I hate logs. It is the one thing in math that I cannot do

Physics- I know. It is technically a science, but we mostly do math.

Statistics- Probability/Geometric/Binomial stuff
Alexistigerspice
Alexistigerspice
1,502 posts
Farmer

Today I had the first section of my Math II End of Course test!
Tomorrow I do section two.
I <3 MaTH!

Alexistigerspice
Alexistigerspice
1,502 posts
Farmer

Oh I have a TI Silver edition graphing calc. Its good because it has more storage than plus and you can use it on the SAT, unlike the Nspire. Jenerally though, we use these little yellow calculators that are T13s or something since we arent allowed to use graphing calcs on the EOCTs

Maverick4
Maverick4
6,804 posts
Peasant

So in my Algebra II course, we were introduced to imaginary numbers today. Everyone was freaking out, and I was thinking along the lines of:

'Just seems like a BS reason for a person to bend rules'

I can see it now:

'They say I can't find the root of a negative number? Well, how about I put in some imaginary numbers! How do ya like that, teach?'

I'll take Pre-Cal next year, so I can actually start learning things I've never seen before. I hate my class right now; we just finished factoring trinomials. :/

daleks
daleks
3,770 posts
Chamberlain

I'll take Pre-Cal next year, so I can actually start learning things I've never seen before. I hate my class right now; we just finished factoring trinomials. :/

Sorry to break this to you but Pre-Calc is just a review of Algebra II pretty much. The only new things are in second semester Pre-Calc.
Alexistigerspice
Alexistigerspice
1,502 posts
Farmer

We did the unit on imaginary numbers earlier this year. Everyone freaked out in my class too.

i= square root of -1
i^2= -1
i^3= -1 times the square root of -1
i^4= 1
a negative times a negative is a positive!
It really makes no sense, but whatever. I dont see the point in imaginary numbers, but its some of the easiest work I've done all year, so I don't really mind.

daleks
daleks
3,770 posts
Chamberlain

I dont see the point in imaginary numbers

I don't really see the point either. But my math teacher does make us think. He talked about if are thoughts are real or not. Didn't really relate to math but was an interesting conversation.
Alexistigerspice
Alexistigerspice
1,502 posts
Farmer

Yeah that sounds more like philosophy or something. My teacher is assigns us book work after about a half hour of note taking then sits at the computer looking up colleges for us. Sometimes she'll make us find the average tuition rates for every college in a state then find the standard deviation, mean absolute deviation, mean, median, mode, etc. just so it will relate back to math x]

invalid777
invalid777
2,074 posts
Nomad

Oh yeah question: what is generally after geometry?

daleks
daleks
3,770 posts
Chamberlain

what is generally after geometry?

Algebra II. At least that is what it is at my school.
invalid777
invalid777
2,074 posts
Nomad

Algebra II. At least that is what it is at my school.

Oh okay thanks. What is it, in a nutshell?
Showing 31-45 of 386