Forums

ForumsWorld Events, Politics, Religion, Etc.

[necro]What's the big deal about smoking?

Thread Locked

Posted Jan 18, '12 at 9:16pm

Bladerunner679

Bladerunner679

1,343 posts

Also everyone overreacts to second hand smoke. Any smoker will tell you it's almost complete bull. First of all the smoke I blow out is not going to harm you its the unfiltered smoke from the end of the cigarette.

notice me putting that in bold, thats bad.

@Dewi1066

yes, this will be fun.

I already said I don't smoke around other people **** wit.

smoke carries on everything it permeates, you smell like a bonfire afterwards, not an appealing odor.

2. My wife smoked, and my kids are strong healthy kids. Shove your propaganda where the sun don't shine.

and here I thought we could be civil, oh well. there is always an exception, that doesn't mean the rule is broken.

No, I think you'll find being a soldier is a lifestyle choice that leads to death, seconded by driving. Do you drive a car? A lot of people do and a lot of people die. BAN CARS!!!!

10% of the world population isn't in the military, and people only die by car crashes by either accident, or by careless driving by the moron who thought it was a good idea to change his pants while driving. besides, cars have been beefing up their safety measures, cigarretes have not.

Lung cancer? That is the best you can offer? I'll die from a cancer, a cancer I can get from walking down the street or eating the 'wrong' food? Any idea how many non-smokers get cancer? Research it, and get some knowledge.

...so what, like I said there are always exceptions, that doesn't mean the rule is broken.

Mouth cancer? Seriously? You want an answer to a cancer that has been prominent in non-smokers more than smokers? Okay, mouth cancer, well done, have a biscuit!

still caused by a tobacco product, smart one. the only difference between the smoke and the leaf is that the smoke is given much less time to sit in your mouth.

Non-smokers live longer do they? Do they? Go on, grab me those statistics? Show me them in black and white! Go ahead, I've got all night!

don't need to, just ask the 35 year old smoker whos hacking up a lung right now and ask how good he's feeling good.

-Blade

Posted Jan 18, '12 at 9:18pm

AequitasBU

AequitasBU

87 posts

Fellow smokers, The evidence will always be against us. But we knew this already right? We know all the harmful stuff is in it, We've all been told as youngins. So why bother caring what others think anymore. We made a choice and like a lot of other smokers i could care less about the effects it has on me or anyone who happens to walk past me for one second. Take all your google facts and keep typing keyboard warriors, but guess what all your fact finding doesn't leave me going Oh my gosh I gotta stop now and stop smoking around people outside. No. I don't care. Done.

Posted Jan 18, '12 at 9:20pm

master565

master565

3,874 posts

Wait, i have more fun facts. Lung cancer is one of the most common forms of cancer, and is the cancer the produces the most deaths.

links
more links

This kind of means an extremely large amount of the people with cancer who have died were smokers.

Kasic

Kasic

5,572 posts

We made a choice and like a lot of other smokers i could care less about the effects it has on me

That's nice. Your choice.

or anyone who happens to walk past me for one second.

And this part makes you the rear exit of a donkey.

No. I don't care. Done.

And that's the problem.

Bladerunner679

Bladerunner679

1,343 posts

Fellow smokers, The evidence will always be against us. But we knew this already right? We know all the harmful stuff is in it, We've all been told as youngins. So why bother caring what others think anymore. We made a choice and like a lot of other smokers i could care less about the effects it has on me or anyone who happens to walk past me for one second. Take all your google facts and keep typing keyboard warriors, but guess what all your fact finding doesn't leave me going Oh my gosh I gotta stop now and stop smoking around people outside. No. I don't care. Done.

we know it won't stop you, but we think of it more as a preventative for whoever reads this while deciding if they should take up smoking.

-Blade

Posted Jan 18, '12 at 9:40pm

EnterOrion

EnterOrion

3,615 posts

but the constant exposure to it at a young age made you much more likely to smoke because you wanted to emulate your parents.

Did you just... Did you seriously try to tell me why I started smoking?

sorry, but you don't have a choice.

Umm... yes I do. I choose to stand where I please. It's not my job to keep you healthy, nor do I particularly care how healthy you are or want to be.

out of your mouth, and into the air that other people breathe, who hate the smell and hate the guy causing it.

Yes, because a smell will totally kill you.

living in a careless smoker's household makes this very likely.

Fixed. Parents who smoke indoors around their children are idiots. Anyone who would debate this is stupid. Smoking outside? Suck it up. There is plenty of ventilation to keep any large number of molecules out of your lungs.

so what, you are then bothering the people outside

People who care that I smoke outside really need to get a life. I'm not blowing smoke in your face, chances are I'm standing ten feet from you because while I don't necessarily care about you, I'm not an *******.

face it, majority rules.

Cool story, bro.

I'm an asthmatic.

Well that would make sense. Of course the smoke is harmful, pollen is harmful for you.

don't need to, just ask the 35 year old smoker whos hacking up a lung right now and ask how good he's feeling good.

My mom's been smoking for thirty years. I don't recall her hacking up a lung any time recently.

Posted Jan 18, '12 at 9:41pm

AfterBurner0

AfterBurner0

346 posts

I don't smoke cuz I a'int a chimney.

Posted Jan 18, '12 at 9:42pm

stephenking

stephenking

564 posts

I don't smoke cuz I a'int a chimney.

*facepalm* *sighs* No. I give up on listening to this conversation.

Posted Jan 18, '12 at 9:43pm

thepunisher93

thepunisher93

1,859 posts

i'm with you bro.

Posted Jan 18, '12 at 9:56pm

Bladerunner679

Bladerunner679

1,343 posts

you know what, I'm just going to stop arguing now. I've told you what you needed to hear, the rest is up to you.

Did you just... Did you seriously try to tell me why I started smoking?

don't know, did I? if I did, that would be cool, but no I didn't actually state why you started smoking. just following more statistic on this one.

-Blade