ForumsWEPRHeaven and Hell?

811 182649
44Flames
44Flames
585 posts
Nomad

I am catholic so I believe that there is heaven and hell. I do beleive that you have to do good in this world to be able to go to heaven but if you do evil and bad more than good in this world I do believe that you will go to hell.

Heaven it is hard to concept the thought of living for eternity in heaven and that everything would be perfect and everyone would be nice and kind.

Hell it is also very hard to think that you will be punished for many years until getting the chance to go to heaven. Also you could be in hell for eternity suffering if you do very bad things in this world.

What is you thought on heaven and hell?

Do you beleive in heaven and hell?

Do you think you will go to heaven or hell?

Is God really real?

Discuss, it can be short or long answers or views.

• 811 Replies
44Flames
44Flames
585 posts
Nomad

@MageGrayWolf

That's exactly what I'm saying. We refer to these people as having psychological disorders. The parts of there brain that allow of empathy to to judge what's right and wrong don't work right. As a result they have no sense of these things.

Here is a website that will hopefully answer your question.
44Flames
44Flames
585 posts
Nomad

why would a loving caring god create us to be doomed to hell?

We are not all doomed to Hell. You can change your fate by accepting Jesus.

Here is a little from the website phycticpotato had in the previous pages.

You've just spent your first 6 days in hell. Unfortunately, an unholy, unhappy eternity stretches out before you ... and all because you rejected Jesus. if only...

But wait. The fact you're reading this says you still have a chance. In His mercy, God is giving you an opportunity right now to change your eternal itinerary. "Whosoever shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved" (Acts 2:21).

Oh, friend, do it now ... before it's too late.

So in someone's life time someone is probably going to hear about Jesus and God even if you are not Christian. So God and Jesus are atually giving you a chance to change your eternal itinerary.
Here is the link to it

you cant believe in anything people tell you because many things are opposites for example certain religions. you cant blame people for not believeing in something that has the same amount of proofs as something else.

Yes, I do understand how someone cant beleive in that religion if they aren't born into it like I was. Growing up I didn't know much about my religion of God and Jesus. So I thought there was only one religion which was mine.
thebluerabbit
thebluerabbit
5,346 posts
Farmer

So in someone's life time someone is probably going to hear about Jesus and God even if you are not Christian. So God and Jesus are atually giving you a chance to change your eternal itinerary.
Here is the link to it

the fact you hear about it doesnt mean they give you a chance. you also hear about the greek mythology, islam and many more. why not convert to islam then? its not a chance and if you arent born into that religion chances are you wont be a part of that religion which means you ARE doomed to hell.

and honestly that is a horibble site judging by its tone to convert people and treat them as broken machines that can be fixed. that is why i dont like christianity. its all about fixing people because they are born in the wrong way. if a sin would actually be a sin god would leave that to our decisions with equal beginings, like killing, stealing, etc. but this god creates us all differently and judges us by those differences. that is an unfair judgement that most people could judge better.

sites and people like those make it seem as if they follow god because they are afraid of him and not because they love him. as if god is a monster you shouldnt upset and should just follow quitely. i mean really: "before its too late"? this is exactly how extremists are born and how people reject religions even more. this is why i dont like such close-minded opinions
MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,470 posts
Farmer

Yes, I do agree why God does not do this. But the preists and religion teachers tell us that God does not want everyone to go in his way of life and to beleive in God and Jesus just because they can see it with there own eyes of him being real. God wants us to intimately beleive in him and what Jesus has taught us.

That doesn't make sense unless God just wants us to be gullible. Believing because one actually sees it for themselves wouldn't preclude the ability to hold intimate belief in these things. In fact it could help it along for many.

In this story one of Jesus' desciples did not beleive Jesus was resurrected from his tomb because he has not seen Jesus with his own eyes and thinks that the disciples are lying. This is like how people can't beleive in the Christain religion because they don't see any evidence with there own eyes and can't beleive in somehting.

That disciple was doing the right things by asking for proof, but the story treats this as something of a bad thing. This treatment of requiring evidence and facts over just believing what ever someone tells you as bad is one of my major peeves with this religion.

Here is a website that will hopefully answer your question.

That doesn't really touch on the sort of mental disorders I'm describing here. Nor does this touch on the situation being described. At best it simply side steps the matter with non answers. Your statement was that everyone innately knows right from wrong and is capable of of understanding compassion. This simply is not the case with some people.

Also I find it a bit disgusting the way this site treats the issue, particularly in this sentence here. "Or we may "feel" like we're doing fine by God when actually we're in sinful rebellion." Basically relegating such issues to it being the person's fault.

This is even worse advice. "It may be God's will that your illnesses continue, regardless of your faith in Him." Such a statement could lead someone to discontinue much needed treatment.
thebluerabbit
thebluerabbit
5,346 posts
Farmer

just read more on the site. that site just proves my point. read the last paragraph this sounds as if you just took it from a horror movie. its just horibble. and who caused it? your god. and why? because you disagreed with him.

this god feels like an evil king who tortures those who disagree with him or like a child with a gun who wants you to love him. carefully read the pain thats in there. even the site itself shows those people who suffer as poor people you should feel sorry for. how could a lovable god do such an evil thing? this just pushes you away from christianity. i think not even the most evil person in this world would cause such a torture to someone hed say he hates. yet your got causes this to the people he supposedly (dont know how to spell that) love? you just made me disagree with christianity even more and i refuse to believe in such an evil god

killersup10
killersup10
2,739 posts
Blacksmith

if you don't believe in the bible that is fine for some people.if you do then there is somthing to always look up to.ether way everybody is gonna learn who was right and who was wrong sooner or lata when you die. that put a happy thought in your head did it not?

thebluerabbit
thebluerabbit
5,346 posts
Farmer

if you don't believe in the bible that is fine for some people.if you do then there is somthing to always look up to.ether way everybody is gonna learn who was right and who was wrong sooner or lata when you die. that put a happy thought in your head did it not?

unless religion isnt true. then we will never know XP.

but no its not happy... its just... blank XD

so if im right great. and if im not i will suffer the "i told you so" punishment? i can take that XP

if im wrong and christianity is the truth though then nobody will be able to tell me this since ill go to hell anyway XD
killersup10
killersup10
2,739 posts
Blacksmith

ehhhhh i try not to go into religion just for the reason of picking the wrong the wrong one XD.
i just hope there is no more jews are wrong cuz they are kinda wars

thebluerabbit
thebluerabbit
5,346 posts
Farmer

ehhhhh i try not to go into religion just for the reason of picking the wrong the wrong one XD.
i just hope there is no more jews are wrong cuz they are kinda wars

mind saying it differently? im not really sure what you said
Santi_
Santi_
1,900 posts
Nomad

Well, I don't believe in a Heaven AND Hell. I believe that we live this life, then if we're good, we go to heaven. Then we can come back down here, and live again. Reincarnation in a nutshell. If we lived an immoral life, we come back to Earth almost instantly, living a bad life, like bad health, born in poverty, et cetera. I believe in God, you don't have to believe me, this is just my opinion.

314d1
314d1
3,817 posts
Nomad

Well, I don't believe in a Heaven AND Hell. I believe that we live this life, then if we're good, we go to heaven. Then we can come back down here, and live again. Reincarnation in a nutshell. If we lived an immoral life, we come back to Earth almost instantly, living a bad life, like bad health, born in poverty, et cetera. I believe in God, you don't have to believe me, this is just my opinion.

What are you basing this on? Did you just make it up and say it sounded good? And are you saying the people in a bad position deserve it?
Kasic
Kasic
5,556 posts
Jester

What are you basing this on? Did you just make it up and say it sounded good?

That's about what religion is anyways.

Personally, in the terms of after death, I've always liked the Hindu/Buddhist versions of reincarnation best. You come back based on your deeds in past life (karma), until eventually you reach nirvana in one of your lives.
Santi_
Santi_
1,900 posts
Nomad

1. I don't believe in Nirvana, just an endless cycle.
2. I'm NOT saying people who are in a bad decision deserve it. Only SOME of those are those special cases.

314d1
314d1
3,817 posts
Nomad

2. I'm NOT saying people who are in a bad decision deserve it. Only SOME of those are those special cases.

So SOME of the innocent people who are starving to death deserve it?
MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,470 posts
Farmer

Exactly what would be the point of such a punishment? If they are not retaining knowledge of these past misdeeds they are being forced to suffer for, what is it they are learning from this?

It sounds to me as if it's a cosmic system of pointless revenge.
Showing 136-150 of 811