ForumsWEPRHeaven and Hell?

811 182668
44Flames
44Flames
585 posts
Nomad

I am catholic so I believe that there is heaven and hell. I do beleive that you have to do good in this world to be able to go to heaven but if you do evil and bad more than good in this world I do believe that you will go to hell.

Heaven it is hard to concept the thought of living for eternity in heaven and that everything would be perfect and everyone would be nice and kind.

Hell it is also very hard to think that you will be punished for many years until getting the chance to go to heaven. Also you could be in hell for eternity suffering if you do very bad things in this world.

What is you thought on heaven and hell?

Do you beleive in heaven and hell?

Do you think you will go to heaven or hell?

Is God really real?

Discuss, it can be short or long answers or views.

• 811 Replies
websurfer915
websurfer915
7 posts
Shepherd

there are different heavens and hells/ theres the 1st heaven 2nd and third heaven there is a hell for some people who strongly disobey the lord on purpose when they are still alive, they go to a hell, but not the real one, and they stay ther for quite a time. then threres the hell god will choose if you go to when you die

HahiHa
HahiHa
8,259 posts
Regent

there are different heavens and hells/ theres the 1st heaven 2nd and third heaven there is a hell for some people who strongly disobey the lord on purpose when they are still alive, they go to a hell, but not the real one, and they stay ther for quite a time. then threres the hell god will choose if you go to when you die

Now this is new.. hell isn't exclusively linked with afterlife? And there are several places? This sounds pretty Greek to me, but anyway.. what are your sources?
MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,470 posts
Farmer

Now this is new.. hell isn't exclusively linked with afterlife? And there are several places? This sounds pretty Greek to me, but anyway.. what are your sources?

Not sure if this is what he's talking about, but this is what I could find on wiki about a Third Heaven.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Third_Heaven
MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,470 posts
Farmer

This whole thing reminds me a bit of the Urantia belief in seven mansion worlds.
http://www.truthbook.com/index.cfm?linkID=232

HahiHa
HahiHa
8,259 posts
Regent

Not sure if this is what he's talking about, but this is what I could find on wiki about a Third Heaven.

Now this part here is interesting:

In the later Pseudepigrapha Book of the Secrets of Enoch, the Third Heaven is described as a location "between corruptibility and incorruptibility" (2 Enoch 8:5) containing the Tree of Life, "whereon the Lord rests, when he goes up into paradise." (verse 3) Two springs in the Third Heaven, one of milk and the other of honey, along with two others of wine and oil, flow down into the Garden of Eden, which is also located there. (verse 6) In contrast with the common concept of Paradise, 2 Enoch also describes a place of torment existing in the Third Heaven, "a very terrible place" with "all manner of tortures" in which merciless angels torment "those who dishonour God, who on earth practice sin against nature," including sodomites, sorcerers, enchanters, witches, the proud, thieves, liars and those guilty of various other transgressions. (2 Enoch 10:1-3)

This is quite different from what christians in general think of heaven. Does this special section in one of the heavens kinda replace hell?
TheSealGuy
TheSealGuy
10 posts
Peasant

I believe In heaven, But not hell because I REALLY
dreamed on night that I was in Heaven and I was in a
flower-y field, just lying down, and Jesus was standing in front of me and he told me "Welcome to Heaven." And I was Like, "wow I never knew Heaven was a flower-y field!" And Jesus said "not to worry, theres your house over there and this is your home state right?" I responded, "Yes, this is my home state,and where is everything?" Jesus said, "Well, you have to wait a while first." I said, "Ok, but.."
Jesus said, "Everything is in Heaven. So not to worry you wont go starving." that was a relief for me. But I saw everybody that I knew up there too, and I wasn't sure of what happened next, because thats when I woke up. So theres proof (From Me) that there is a Heaven. I don't know about Hell yet because he didn't explain it to me. But there you have it, that there is a Heaven.

Kasic
Kasic
5,556 posts
Jester

flower-y field, just lying down, and Jesus was standing in front of me and he told me "Welcome to Heaven." And I was Like, "wow I never knew Heaven was a flower-y field!" And Jesus said "not to worry, theres your house over there and this is your home state right?" I responded, "Yes, this is my home state,and where is everything?" Jesus said, "Well, you have to wait a while first." I said, "Ok, but.."
Jesus said, "Everything is in Heaven. So not to worry you wont go starving." that was a relief for me. But I saw everybody that I knew up there too, and I wasn't sure of what happened next, because thats when I woke up. So theres proof (From Me) that there is a Heaven. I don't know about Hell yet because he didn't explain it to me. But there you have it, that there is a Heaven.

People dream of flying too. Can they fly? No. People dream that they get shot at and killed. Are they dead? No.

Dreams aren't real, and using a dream as evidence or proof is like throwing water on cement to make the cement grow. It does absolutely nothing (except make you look weird for trying to make cement grow)
314d1
314d1
3,817 posts
Nomad

Gold - Squire

Flag

Realy? I once dreamed that I was fighting a robot zombie. How I knew it was a robot zombie I had no idea. I was with a group of other people with rifles on our backs in third person view, climbing down a random latter at my old school's playground. I saw a robotic shape that I can't really remember to well and got pumped up to fight it. Then I got up. Turned out none of this happened, either.
Deth666
Deth666
653 posts
Nomad

The divine comedy by Dante, probably. 9 circles of hell, purgatory and heaven found in the Inferno, Purgatorio and Paradiso respectively

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,987 posts
Grand Duke

Okay but when you are reincarnated would you still have memorize of the other lives you had? How would you get this Karma from?

No you won't. Why would you need memories to accrue Karma in another life? Of course, it's all theological bull to me, I'm just relating what was taught to me.

Hindu/Buddhist Karma may not be the exact same, but I can't think of any differences off the top of my head.

It's roughly the same since both have heavy elements of the other in them.
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,987 posts
Grand Duke

Also I asked to you keep your memeories of t=your past lifes when you are reincarnated?

No you don't; though in Buddhist lore, there have been cases where people trick themselves out of forgetting memories. Again, all very nice hypothetical stuff that would make a good movie.
getanewhouse
getanewhouse
44 posts
Nomad

I hate that religious people feel so convicted that they impose their will on other people because of their beliefs. What about my beliefs? I don't beleive in heaven and hell the way Catholics do, I read the Bible and everything about people going to hell was written towards the end of the passage. The only verse I think may be real is the one where Satan and his minion are cast into the lake of fire and their smoke rises forever. not that if you're bad you will burn forever. Besides the whole bible is probably not even real. Just a guideline on how to live life in a good way.

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,987 posts
Grand Duke

The only verse I think may be real is the one where Satan and his minion are cast into the lake of fire and their smoke rises forever. not that if you're bad you will burn forever.

Wait....so why do you believe in only certain parts of the Bible and not the rest? Just as a question.
MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,470 posts
Farmer

The only verse I think may be real is the one where Satan and his minion are cast into the lake of fire and their smoke rises forever. not that if you're bad you will burn forever.

That verse isn't talking about Satan but the Babylonian king.
xAyjAy
xAyjAy
4,711 posts
Blacksmith

how can people know how haven or hell look if they have never seen them? and if you have, can you then come back to tell others how heaven/hell look?

Showing 211-225 of 811