Forums

ForumsVideo Games

Things you hate in a game

Posted Feb 29, '12 at 7:21am

Freelance_X1

Freelance_X1

20 posts

Lag, distortion (video and sound), and of course countless glitches and bugs.

Posted Feb 29, '12 at 11:03am

TheKenseY

TheKenseY

77 posts

-Unskipable intro movies, cutscenes and such.
-Not being able to Alt-Tab without crashing the game.
-Not being able to Alt-F4.

Posted Feb 29, '12 at 11:25am

Mr_Sand

Mr_Sand

687 posts

I Just have to say this one because I forgot. I hate when a game only focuses on multiplayer and the singleplayer really sucks or doesn't make any sense. This seemed to be the case on Black Ops

Posted Feb 29, '12 at 11:55am

Easton5

Easton5

34 posts

I agree with Mr_Sand completely. A game should be able to stand on a single player campaign alone. Multiplayer is fun, but should really just be an extra added on to the game when the single player is  completed, not the complete basis of the game with single player on the back burner. The biggest offender of this has been the Call of Duty Series. Yes multiplayer can be fun, but what happens when the server goes dead from the next game being released so people don't play it? What happens if you have a shotty internet connection? In the end you payed 60 bucks for a game that will most likely be obsolete in a year or two with nothing more on it to play than a short 5 hour campaign. I'll give these games credit, the campaigns are fun, just too short. If they actually spent time developing them more then the games would be worth the price tag. Just a disclaimer: the only games that are allowed to sell strictly on multiplayer are games where that is the entire point, like Team Fortress 2.

Posted Feb 29, '12 at 11:57am

zaidan699

zaidan699

3 posts

lag...lag is the only thing i hate in gaming

Posted Feb 29, '12 at 1:52pm

Mr_Sand

Mr_Sand

687 posts

I think it is annoying all these people that list lag as the thing they hate most about gaming. Because lag is not usually the games' fault. Lag has to do with your consoles graphics card and your internet connection. The better your internet the less lag you have. If you are running on a PC make sure to pick a server that has a relatively low ping. The best bet is 90 and below with 120 being about ok. Never go past 200 ping or you will have the worst lag.
Ping is how long it takes the server to reach your game. If it is higher than other people in the server then you will be at a dis advantage.

Posted Feb 29, '12 at 5:40pm

Somewhat49

Somewhat49

1,608 posts

Call of Duty Series

Yea I have always considered that game series a Fad game, and that's why I never bought a single one since I like having a game which I could play even when other people hate it or don't have it. Also I like games that don't have a complete conversion in the whole entier gameplay when you go from singleplayer to multiplayer, COD is the biggest offender of this, I always liked when games make the two modes similar because then you don't have two completly different games and you could train using singleplayer or play singlelayer when no one else plays it and now feel like your issing out on something.

If you are running on a PC make sure to pick a server that has a relatively low ping. The best bet is 90 and below with 120 being about ok. Never go past 200 ping or you will have the worst lag.

Haha I've actualy played games where I have had uncountable ping, the game is international so there is servers all around the world and the ping tracker only goes up to 2500 so I don't know the exact ping I had, it sometimes got annoying because I swear in some servers I had 9000 ping because my messages took about a minute to display to everyone else.

Posted Feb 29, '12 at 5:48pm

Leo1202

Leo1202

7 posts

I hate when a game only focuses on multiplayer and the singleplayer really sucks or doesn't make any sense. This seemed to be the case on Black Ops

I really thought the campaign of Black Ops really good, just a little "no-sense". I was playing just for kill people, but then i had to kill steiner, dragovich and kravchenko. and the last scene is really cool.

Any mistake in my english, please tell me.

Posted Mar 1, '12 at 4:04am

darkengy

darkengy

166 posts

Limited choices and fights before the real boss fight

Posted Mar 1, '12 at 6:15am

Somewhat49

Somewhat49

1,608 posts

fights before the real boss fight

I don't get why so many people find this as a bad thing, I always found enimies before a boss is like a warm up for me so that I'l be ready when the real boss comes, like I remember they did just that in a game called Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow where they had the miniature version of the boss first that had the same attacks, but they were weaker and he was alot smaller, then once you kill him they have the full-sized, full power boss which I really think would've been hard if I didn't already know the range of attacks he could use.

Reply to Things you hate in a game

You must be logged in to post a reply!