ForumsGamesBest Faction Rome: Total War

112 31966
eertyek_the_mad
eertyek_the_mad
151 posts
Nomad

This is a forum comparing the factions in Rome Total war...
Contribute if you have the game!

If you dont, it costs like 10 bucks for Windows on Amazon, but quite a bit more for Mac... What are the best factions???????

• 112 Replies
eertyek_the_mad
eertyek_the_mad
151 posts
Nomad

Macedonians actually have longer spears than hoplites. Hoplites hav better armor i suppose... either way it was extremely hard and nearly lost my 7 or 8 star general with 2 Silver Chevrons experience and Bronze/Bronze XD

TheOnlyOutsider
TheOnlyOutsider
8 posts
Scribe

I love the greeks. It's really easy to defend against others, especially in towns.
Just put 3 hoplit units next to a attacked wall and nobody will come through. One unit on the left side, one on the right and on in the middle. To defend the walls, just put some archer on top and use fire arrows against towers and rams.

The Romans are nice too after the marius reforms.

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,988 posts
Grand Duke

Just put 3 hoplit units next to a attacked wall and nobody will come through. One unit on the left side, one on the right and on in the middle. To defend the walls, just put some archer on top and use fire arrows against towers and rams.

Onagers....
minionrock
minionrock
1 posts
Nomad

i know this is lame and very easy but I love Parthia. mounted archers are very strong because they cant be touched. full army of mounted archers will win almost every battle for you. other than that, I love Germania, gaul, selucid, and carthage. all very powerful. never got to like the romans because of the senate.

Parsat
Parsat
2,180 posts
Blacksmith

Carthage is probably one of my favorites. Sacred Band Hoplites and Cavalry are a pretty solid power army.

Gamer_Cale
Gamer_Cale
1,372 posts
Nomad

I like any of the rome factions the best just because you have 2 factions backing you up which makes it so much easier.

drewmat77
drewmat77
5 posts
Nomad

I'm a fan of the Scipii and the Selucids

Showing 106-112 of 112