ForumsThe TavernWorkshop (Stay Out of here, we don't want you)

507 62358
murasaki9
murasaki9
1,390 posts
Blacksmith

I hope you haven't fallen for this age-old trick and actually clicked on the link.
However, if you have, welcome. This is where ideas, plans, and dreams are built.
(More to come)

• 507 Replies
murasaki9
murasaki9
1,390 posts
Blacksmith

(The More)
I'm building an idea for a Network of People who work together to Create something Great.
What's your idea?

Masterforger
Masterforger
1,824 posts
Peasant

A castle in they sky. A thing called the Bird Road where airships move along to get to trading destinations. An alternate world where all languages were jumbled up. A game that involves Minecraft and Skyrim. A social network that you can delete stuff on.

murasaki9
murasaki9
1,390 posts
Blacksmith

Thank you, Masterforger. I like your idea.
Virtual Worlds are oh-so-real and oh-so-surreal.

I'm thinking of a mansion with a million mirrors, a million windows, a million doors, and a million pools. Skylights, reflecting panels, and gardens. I want that mansion to be my home sitting on a beautiful mountain somewhere in the dreamy landscape of Montana. Mountain blue, tree green and fairy rich.

murasaki9
murasaki9
1,390 posts
Blacksmith

(The More)
Please People, don't be scared away. The title should not deter you if you are a true artist, author, or creator. So let's talk dreams!

cjhall
cjhall
213 posts
Herald

You walk through the woods and into a clearing. The first thing you notice is a lake. It is so clear, it relects everything, like a mirror. There are wildflowers on the edges, and you can see a heron wading in the shallow end. Across the lake, you see a castle, also reflected in the lake. It is a mysterious castle, and you can see the many towers and turrets that are a part of it. Some of these are tall enough that they are shrouded in a white mist. You hear a trumpeting roar, and look up to see a pair of dragons flying overhead. They seem nice, not like they are about to attack.

You don't know where you are, but you like it.

Masterforger
Masterforger
1,824 posts
Peasant

A night on the Bird Roads in a quaint airship, your ship anchored on a cold night, you up in your little cabin in the envelope, dreaming of the next city you stop at and the riches you'll earn as long as some greedy, scavenging boy doesn't take your money off to the slums to spend on a mere lot of bread to feed his ailing family.

aknerd
aknerd
1,416 posts
Peasant

Okay, this is a serous idea. I expect some business man/woman to read this post one day, and pretty soon after that what I am about to describe to you will be flooding the markets. It's probably going to be the most important advance in food technology of the next century.

What is the best part of a muffin? The top. If you said anything else, you clearly have never had a muffin. Now, put your skeptism on hold for a minute, but what if, what if muffins were ALL TOP???

Ladies and gentleman, I propose to you a zero gravity oven. This oven would remove the necessity of baking pans, since there would be no danger of the muffin hitting the bottom of the oven. Thus, we could bake the muffin in the form of balls, allowing each and every surface to get that kinda crispy kinda chewy oh so delicious cooked just right sheen. Imagine it. Believe.

Maverick4
Maverick4
6,804 posts
Peasant

So let's talk dreams!

No dreams. Only nightmares.
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,987 posts
Grand Duke

I swear you're just becoming an emo version of my emo self a few years back Mav.

I'm thinking of a substance that would make anyone happy. Wait, we already have alcohol. Bless the ancients, and their joyful souls.

murasaki9
murasaki9
1,390 posts
Blacksmith

Ooh, ohh, this is getting somewhere.
Thanks guys!

No dreams. Only nightmares.

Here's a nightmare. Everyone becomes invisible. Only buildings and all objects that are inanimate are not invisible. You can't see anyone and no one can see you.

Oh, yeah, Aknerd, I like your idea. Let 'Baking Innovations' reign!
dair5
dair5
3,379 posts
Shepherd

Dream

You wake up and you have the power to control time. Stop time, rewind it, go back into it, foward into it, speed up yourself, slow down others, freeze people in or outside of time, you name it.

Nightmare

You are moved outside of time with only one other person. This is the person you love most in the world, but they are mad at you and they run away from you. So you must spend an eternity on earth searching for that person, all the while compleatly alone. How long could you stay sane....

Dreamare?

There is a machine that you can go into that lets you imagine your own world. It works on real time though, so by spending enough time in such a machine, you create a new world, and lose the real world in the process.

Maverick4
Maverick4
6,804 posts
Peasant

I swear you're just becoming an emo version of my emo self a few years back Mav.

Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, as they say.
murasaki9
murasaki9
1,390 posts
Blacksmith

The best dream
Living forever and in a different world each day.

The worst dream
Waking up to find yourself asleep.

My Idea for today: That everyone could love and be happy and have joy.

dair5
dair5
3,379 posts
Shepherd

Idea for story that I never really wrote, though I should have wrote, but I'd still probably be sucky, hmmm, maybe I can write it over the summer break.

Okay, so theres this kid right (he loves applesauce). He lives in a sortof WWIII world, and he's kidnapped by these soilders. He's taken to a small shack with about 4 or 5 rooms. He's then experimented on, drugs tested on. They try to different drugs, one to make him hpersensitive, another to desensitise him. Both with no effect. (They beat him up and stuff to test if the drugs worked). The boy's perspective is that he was in immense pain, but then he felt none. He couldn't feel at all. Then they leave except for one. He kills that one guard and takes his gun. He then goes to the room where the soliders are and shoots them all, first hearing the shots very loud, and passes out from that intense noise. He wakes up unable to hear, and by now the bodies have begun to decay and are very smelly. He can't open the door because there is a body there and his sense of smell is too strong to allow him to get close enough to it. He passes out again. He wakes up again, greatfully without smell. But now the sight of these bodies, with blood, and maggots, is unbearable. He vomits uncortrolably at this sight. And wishes to reject this curse his vision gives him. After the vomiting he passes out. He wakes to discover his wish came true. He doesn't know where he is, (he's in a hospital he was rescued.), and all but his sense of taste is gone. He is spoon fed applesauce. And while most would see this as the worst possible life, he enjoys it and is happy. He can no longer experience the horrors and pain that life has. He can only experience something good. Is in a life with a million pains with living, if coupled by a million joys? Or is a life with no pains better. Better, even at the sacrifice of all but one joy? I really hope someone reads this wall of text...

murasaki9
murasaki9
1,390 posts
Blacksmith

Wow, Dair5. I like your story. You are an author after my own heart.

My idea for a story:
There is a man who gets shot in the eyes. He goes to a hospital and is operated on where they fit him with prosthetic eyes. With those eyes, he can see through walls and can see invisible things as well. But he soon finds that ability to be the most burdensome ability he has ever had. He winds up going through the story trying to rid himself of the ability.

Showing 1-15 of 507