ForumsThe TavernWorkshop (Stay Out of here, we don't want you)

507 62561
murasaki9
murasaki9
1,390 posts
Blacksmith

I hope you haven't fallen for this age-old trick and actually clicked on the link.
However, if you have, welcome. This is where ideas, plans, and dreams are built.
(More to come)

• 507 Replies
murasaki9
murasaki9
1,390 posts
Blacksmith

If you could be any political leader in history, which one would you choose to be?

Probably Napoleon or someone like that.
*record scratch*
In reality, I wouldn't want to be anyone in history but myself.
Armpit
Armpit
784 posts
Nomad

What if rubbish wasn't rubbish at all, but instead it was useful?

Somewhat49
Somewhat49
1,607 posts
Nomad

If you could create a commercial for any product, what product would it be and what would the commercial be like?

I would create a commercial for a at home AK-47

Narrator: are you tired of being robbed because your flimsy handgun just isn't powerful enough anymore? Well here is your solution! The all new at-home AK-47! Made just for those tough times with a larger ammo capacity and punch!

But you might ask is it legal? WHO CARES! With a gun of that size and caliber, the police won't be able to do anything about your possession.

Just look how versitile it is! You could put it in your kitchen, put in in your bedroom, EVEN put in in your bathroom!

Happy Customer: You know I didn't think my handgun was good enough after it ran out of ammo when robbers broke into my house, but now with these easy to use and larger ammo clips, that's not gonna happen anymore!

Narrator: Oreder now and get 5 extra ammo clips FREE, yes you heard me right, 5 CLIPS FREE!

Speed guy: thisgundoesnotcomewithammooranyinstructionsonhowtouseit.Wearenotresponsibleforanydamadgetopropertyorpeoplethispurchasedoes.Shippingandhandelingchargesarenotincludedinpricelisted.Donotusegunwhenopperatinghearvymachienerydrivingorintoxicated.
Somewhat49
Somewhat49
1,607 posts
Nomad

What would the world be like if alcohol did not exist?

Well it could possibly mean almost extinction of the human race because in the past people didn't know about purifying water by boiling it so alcohol was the only clean water the people had to drink.
Ernie15
Ernie15
13,349 posts
Bard

We'd never run out of certain resources.

people didn't know about purifying water by boiling it so alcohol was the only clean water the people had to drink.

Alcohol =/= water.

People have been boiling water for at least a couple thousand years, and plenty of cultures have survived without the use of alcohol (it's a taboo in many different religions).

If they could figure this out, they'd have no trouble producing more simple beverages such as unfermented fruit juices or cow's milk.
EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,447 posts
Jester

One man's trash is another's treasure. Even trash at a dump has a use: it creates methane which could be collected and used as fuel.
Ernie15
Ernie15
13,349 posts
Bard

I've been going back to earlier pages of this thread and reading my older posts from the past few months. I have to say, I'm legitimately surprised at how funny I am.

it creates methane which could be collected and used as fuel.

So there's hope for gas prices then? With the amount of trash in America, fuel should be dirt cheap just as soon as this garbage-based fuel becomes more mainstream.
EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,447 posts
Jester

So there's hope for gas prices then?

It can be burned to generate electricity, as it's a type of natural gas. Some newer cars like the Honda Civic GX are able to use compressed natural gas to run. There are currently about 15M NG vehicles worldwide, mostly busses.
Maverick4
Maverick4
6,804 posts
Peasant

With the amount of trash in America

Unfortunately, it's illegal to burn our politicians.
Ernie15
Ernie15
13,349 posts
Bard

It can be burned to generate electricity, as it's a type of natural gas. Some newer cars like the Honda Civic GX are able to use compressed natural gas to run.

How efficient is natural gas as a fuel in relation to gasoline? I imagine it wouldn't be too effective if it hasn't been widely-used yet.

But maybe I'm just overlooking something.

I said dirt cheap, not free.
Skeleton_Pilot
Skeleton_Pilot
1,361 posts
Blacksmith

I never knew natural gas could gas could be used to fuel cars! I guess it's just never crossed my mind, but I guess now that I think about it, it doesn't seem all that ridiculous!

I imagine it wouldn't be too effective if it hasn't been widely-used yet.

Lol, 15 million vehicles isn't "widely-used" enough for you? xD
EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,447 posts
Jester

How efficient is natural gas as a fuel in relation to gasoline? I imagine it wouldn't be too effective if it hasn't been widely-used yet.

Apparently it's about the same if it's pressurized enough and 1/5th of the cost of oil, but the containment/shipment costs a lot more due to the required pressures and temperatures. To remove impurities, it is converted to a liquid state at -162C (-260F). There are devices that safely convert it to a gaseous state, but they're rather expensive due to EPA regulations. It's not yet practical to have intercontinental NG pipes so it's shipped by other means. That's why it's more common in countries with high levels of NG.
murasaki9
murasaki9
1,390 posts
Blacksmith

Ooh, we're getting technical here...

Who says we can't? I mean, yes, you're right, it is a sin.
samiel
samiel
421 posts
Shepherd

heres my dream or is it a nightmare thats for you to decide as i walk into a door the world around fades to white.I desire food and before me i find a sweet red apple.I desire comfort a wonderful chair is placed befor me.I desire warmth and a fire burns bright just for me.And then I desire a companion to enjoy this wealth with me and before me stands a buetifal maiden but as she turns to face me she has no face no expression no love

lozerfac3
lozerfac3
978 posts
Farmer

What about a car that runs on salt water then it filters the salt from the water, so we have fresh water to drink. Or a robot that tickles you until you're awake. It also hold your change. *toot* Oops. My bad.

Showing 436-450 of 507