ForumsThe TavernWorkshop (Stay Out of here, we don't want you)

507 62562
murasaki9
murasaki9
1,390 posts
Blacksmith

I hope you haven't fallen for this age-old trick and actually clicked on the link.
However, if you have, welcome. This is where ideas, plans, and dreams are built.
(More to come)

• 507 Replies
Skeleton_Pilot
Skeleton_Pilot
1,361 posts
Blacksmith

Worst scenario ever: Waking up and finding that your whole life was just a dream.

If that happens, at least you'll have the "experience" to make your new life at least as good as your old one!

Not to mention you'd have one hell of a subconscious mind! xD
murasaki9
murasaki9
1,390 posts
Blacksmith

Worst scenario ever: Waking up and finding that your whole life was just a dream. 8'(

OMG!! I would not---I wonder when I'm going to wake up???
Somewhat49
Somewhat49
1,607 posts
Nomad

Worst scenario ever: Waking up and finding that your whole life was just a dream. 8'(

I actually wouldn't mind at all since it just means I got more time to screw around in this new world that I just woke up to.
Only thing I could really find would be annoying is if you had some great achieveents or something, but most of my aachievements are just personal so it wouldn't make a difference.
Not to mention you'd have one hell of a subconscious mind! xD

Well haven't your dreams ever do something that was unexpected like having a person you trusted all of the sudden turn on you? Or drinking something and then start tripping out?
And then there's the scenario where since your subconcious mind is creating this all you sometimes know stuff that you couldn't know any other way than the fact that you are making the dream. I once had a moment in real life (supposivly real life) where me and some peeps were playing cards and somehow I knew who was going to win everytime and who had certain cards and was right everytime, although I made it really obvious that I knew the winning hands and stuff so I never played with them agian lol.

One real mind **** is when you wonder if this really is all a dream and then you think of how creative you must be to make all these rules and algorithms and stuff for the world to run on.
EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,447 posts
Jester

I actually wouldn't mind at all since it just means I got more time to screw around in this new world that I just woke up to.

Unless you wake up and you're a really old quadriplegic in a hospital with a few minutes left to live.
aknerd
aknerd
1,416 posts
Peasant

Doesn't this happen every time you wake up? I typically am not aware that I am dreaming while I am dreaming.

Every morning I wake up and realize I had been living a lie for the last eight or so hours. Then I forget everything, perhaps for the better. Maybe if I could remember my dreams, I wouldn't be so inclined to crawl into my bed.

A dream: Everything is giant and I am so so small. But I can't help but wonder how I know that I am small. In real life, I am vastly smaller than many things in the universe, but this doesn't seem to matter. I ponder this as ants mills around me like mechanized behemoths. They step over mountains and cast shadows like lakes.
2b3o4o
2b3o4o
14 posts
Nomad

I'm thinking of a massive self aware computer which manipulates the laws of physics using five dimensional algorithms somehow. ;P

phsyco123
phsyco123
64 posts
Nomad

if we could have everything we eat taste good no im not saying like candy but have stuff that tastes bad taste good

EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,447 posts
Jester

if we could have everything we eat taste good no im not saying like candy but have stuff that tastes bad taste good

If everything tastes good, then by comparison, some things will taste more or less good than others (unless everything tastes the same). The things that taste 'less good' will eventually feel like they taste 'bad'.
aknerd
aknerd
1,416 posts
Peasant

If everything tastes good, then by comparison, some things will taste more or less good than others (unless everything tastes the same). The things that taste 'less good' will eventually feel like they taste 'bad'.

A solution: everything you eat tastes better than the last thing you ate.
Likely outcome: Obesity followed by taste induced nirvana.

Squirrel Thoughts:
Squirrels find and stash acorns for later consumption. But, they forget where some of these acorns are. These acorns then grow into oak trees, and make more acorns, providing more food for the squirrels.

So, if squirrels were smart enough to remember where they hid all their acorns, there wouldn't be as much food for the squirrels. Thus, forgetfulness is actually a beneficial trait in squirrels, to an extent. Squirrels are accidental farmers. Are we accidentally something?
Somewhat49
Somewhat49
1,607 posts
Nomad

Every morning I wake up and realize I had been living a lie for the last eight or so hours. Then I forget everything, perhaps for the better. Maybe if I could remember my dreams, I wouldn't be so inclined to crawl into my bed.

I usually notice I am in a dream because the quality isnt as good as real life is,Im having too bad of luck for this to be real and my mood for some reason affects what happens in dreams, like if I feel scared then it is guarenteed that a monster will soon be chasing me.

What if you just couldn't taste after you've had the object over 100 times?
Are we accidentally something?

Well accedents do happen all the time, but since one small thing could soon have a big impact, you might not relize that you accedently became something unless it was as blatant as showing up for the wrong interview.
dair5
dair5
3,379 posts
Shepherd

I'm making a sculpture right now. It's made out of mesh and aluminum and it's going to be bigger than me. I don't really want to say what it's about... But I'm excited.

aknerd
aknerd
1,416 posts
Peasant

Well accedents do happen all the time, but since one small thing could soon have a big impact, you might not relize that you accedently became something unless it was as blatant as showing up for the wrong interview.

I mean, as a species. Like, squirrels accidentally cultivate acorns via their own forgetfulness. They don't know that they are responsible for something that is key to their own survival. So, is there anything that we do, something that we perhaps consider to be a negative quality, that is responsible for own survival?
xAyjAy
xAyjAy
4,711 posts
Blacksmith

inception!

well, i would know how i could avoid some mistakes that i made in my dream.

i wonder if magic and science/technology could co-exist...and i mean not magical creatures, i mean wizards and wiches like in harry potter. would be awesome if there would be a way to learn some magic spells so you can become a wizard.
Somewhat49
Somewhat49
1,607 posts
Nomad

i wonder if magic and science/technology could co-exist...and i mean not magical creatures, i mean wizards and wiches like in harry potter. would be awesome if there would be a way to learn some magic spells so you can become a wizard.

Didn't you suggest this idea before? I think that it might get messy since they would be the superior species if only they knew magic and might use the non magic people for slaves.
It would always be kindof messy since if it was like Harry Potter except you cant go from nothing to magicly gifted then there will be already magicly gifted people developing new magic to abuse the system, kindof of like hacking computers but these hacks are happening in our space and not cyberspace.
I mean, as a species. Like, squirrels accidentally cultivate acorns via their own forgetfulness. They don't know that they are responsible for something that is key to their own survival. So, is there anything that we do, something that we perhaps consider to be a negative quality, that is responsible for own survival?

At this point you can't really tell snce we are far from "surviving", or at least us with computers are, now we are just trying to prosper in a new environment that we built all ourselves, literaly taking past environments and manipulating them to make our own special environments.
CheapCheep
CheapCheep
240 posts
Nomad

2 words.

EXPLODING
DONUTS.

THAT IS ALL.

Showing 466-480 of 507