ForumsWEPRKONY 2012

86 28775
JohnGarell
JohnGarell
1,752 posts
Peasant

I was dissapointed when I saw that no one posted this before me.

KONY 2012

As said in Description:

KONY 2012 is a film and campaign by Invisible Children that aims to make Joseph Kony famous, not to celebrate him, but to raise support for his arrest and set a precedent for international justice.

Joseph Kony have done bad things for over 20 years, but I think you didn't know about him.
Whatch the movie for more information.

This is probably the most important thing I've ever heard of.

• 86 Replies
R3LOAD
R3LOAD
532 posts
Peasant

I just watched this video and came on here to post it. I checked the WEPR section first, and then here. It's really surprising that you're the only one who posted about it.

The man is sick, twisted, horrible and he needs to be brought to justice. Everyone needs to watch and share this video, post it everywhere, tell everyone, everybody must be made aware about this man, Joseph Kony, who has been placed in the number 1 spot on the world's most wanted criminal list.

MAKE KONY FAMOUS

JohnGarell
JohnGarell
1,752 posts
Peasant

I just watched this video and came on here to post it.

Yeah. I shared it on facebook first and sent the link to all my friends first.

I checked the WEPR section first, and then here.

I actually forgot about that one.

It's really surprising that you're the only one who posted about it.

I thought so to.

Joseph Kony, who has been placed in the number 1 spot on the world's most wanted criminal list.

I also saw that one of his friends was on #2.

MAKE KONY FAMOUS

Isn't it called infamous?
Somewhat49
Somewhat49
1,607 posts
Nomad

I started to watch the movie, but got bored because it really didn't get the the point, it was just talking about the internet and some other stuff that I got bored with, what did this Joseph Kony even do? I would probably have found out, but I really don't have 29 minutes to dedicate to finding out why John Kony is such a bad person.

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,622 posts
Herald

what did this Joseph Kony even do?

Forces children to kill and mutilate and makes young girls sex slaves is what I gathered from it, and he's been doing this for over 20 years. I skipped some parts though, there could be more to it.
kingofwar1234
kingofwar1234
605 posts
Peasant

I'm in the middle of the video right now, i wish I could share it with my friends, but sadly, I don't have a Facebook.... But as soon as I do, I'm going to share share share.... This is too saddening to be left alone.

But I'm gonna tell my friends in school and make sure they tell others, and possibly share on Facebook!

BTW, I think Armor Games should help out in its own way.(Just a suggestion).

BTW times 2 I'm listening to dubstep.

jangfei321
jangfei321
20 posts
Peasant

Well my opinion about the movie is that it has so many things to point to not just things about Kony. Maybe the people got bored and not continue the movie. Think about it it was only posted in facebook and many people there had so many things to do and a movie that long could noit last their attention span. Another thing is that some people might have more personal problems than that Kony problem. But the things is that when the issue goes to them for example go their country it might ring a bell and make a move about it.

But for me, what is important is that the man kill and destroyed man lives. I would not want my children or friends to be mutilated, used as a sex slave, and make them do things that is against their will and specially kill other people. It so sad that many people don't get the issue and just do nothing about it.

Jefferysinspiration
Jefferysinspiration
3,168 posts
Farmer

Kony. Reportedly responsible for the death of 400,000 people and the abduction of aprox 40,000 children. Absolutely disgusting.

The fact that it's only went viral when his regime has went on for so long is a little disheartening, but there's people out there who have actively tried making a difference.

The movie Machine Gun Preacher helped raise awareness before the KONY 2012 video, however people didn't seem to think it was based on a true story.

I have much respect for Sam Childers for his work in Sudan.

loco5
loco5
16,288 posts
Peasant

question: Aren't there dozens of these private armies in Africa? what makes him so special? how many he has killed?

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,987 posts
Grand Duke

Oh boo hoo, finally people actually start to read and be informed of their world. What a good job. And what happens after this awareness is raised? It's
not as if the Ugandan and relevant authorities are doing nothing to apprehend him, Kony already has had warrants out for him since 2005 by the ICC and the Ugandan government.

We all have a few moments of outrage and indignation, post it on a media site and feel great! What tosh, raising awareness is good no doubt but what use will it do if the authorities dont even have the means to pursue him? And how many of you will remain conscious and follow such an issue other than a few days? Does a few million more people knowing about him actually give more pressure to nab him? No, if the Ugandan government can't do jack squat for 30 years because he keeps eluding them, do yu think you can do
Something with next to useless FB posts?

For me, the whole Kony 2012 thing is just a piece of morose news because it yet again highlights the fact that people used to and still do little to understand their world.

Xavierthe9
Xavierthe9
155 posts
Farmer

i watched some of it, and have yet to finish. its just... awefull... Its hard to beleive that there are people who would do that kind of thing. I want to do whatever I can to STOP Kony. Make him known!!!!

Schmiddy1234
Schmiddy1234
1,075 posts
Nomad

also i found this... i read up on knoy and HE NEEDS TRIAL!!!

Pazx
Pazx
5,845 posts
Peasant

I was happy nobody posted it before you. I'm also happy your post wasn't just KONY 2012, it was actually a decent post.

I think this whole movement is an interesting concept but it makes me sad to think that although this opressor will clearly be brought down, this is only one issue, and I doubt any other major conflict like this will be brought to the worlds attention in a fashion this large in the next few decades. Woo, we got one bad guy, there's millions more like him.

Also, the filmmakers kid is adorable c:

JohnGarell
JohnGarell
1,752 posts
Peasant

I really don't have 29 minutes to dedicate to finding out why John Kony is such a bad person.

Joseph. John-people are nice.

knoy

I lol'd at that one.

I'm also happy your post wasn't just KONY 2012, it was actually a decent post.

...yes.
sensanaty
sensanaty
1,094 posts
Nomad

Joseph Kony have done bad things for over 20 years, but I think you didn't know about him.

I remember about 11 years ago, when my mom read something about a lot of missing children, and parents of the said children being found dead.

Anyways, I don't want to be "mean" or whatever it is I've been called for saying this, but how exactly will the interwebz help arrest Kony? If the government itself ain't doing nothing in the last 20 years, how will we, the common users of the internet help in any way other than making other people know this is happening?

Also, there's probably thousands of these private "armies" all over the world. Sure, this may be one of the few with children being the main "soldiers", but it will make no significant difference in the world if we stop this 1 "army".

If everyone who posted about Kony actually went to Uganda, or wherever it is, and actually tried to convince the government (somehow) to stop this man, then maybe they would prevail. But sharing around a video saying we have to stop this man (while 2/3 of the people who share this are in age groups younger than 18) and doing nothing more, will result to nothing.
JohnGarell
JohnGarell
1,752 posts
Peasant

Anyways, I don't want to be "mean" or whatever it is I've been called for saying this, but how exactly will the interwebz help arrest Kony?

Haven't you seen the movie? I think they clearly explain it there.

If everyone who posted about Kony actually went to Uganda, or wherever it is, and actually tried to convince the government (somehow) to stop this man, then maybe they would prevail. But sharing around a video saying we have to stop this man (while 2/3 of the people who share this are in age groups younger than 18) and doing nothing more, will result to nothing.

So more people know who he is.
Showing 1-15 of 86