ForumsWEPR[necro] Is homosexuality right or wrong?

1146 386012
toemas
toemas
339 posts
Farmer

I think homosexuality is totally wrong and unnatural, what do you think?

• 1,146 Replies
slipsoccer
slipsoccer
1,081 posts
Peasant

Does the fact that someone is gay changes your life?

Yeah, you can't really mess around with that person like you would with a straight person.

Ok, it's because we were made MAN and WOMAN. We weren't made MAN, WOMAN, GAY, and LESBIAN, were we?

Some people were born gay, meaning it's in their DNA to be gay. What can you do about it? Nothing.
MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,470 posts
Farmer

Yeah, you can't really mess around with that person like you would with a straight person.

In what way would you not be able to mess around with them?
slipsoccer
slipsoccer
1,081 posts
Peasant

In what way would you not be able to mess around with them?

Well in my Highschool, our soccer team always messes around with each other by doing things like slapping each others behinds. We're not really gay, we're just that close. If you knew a guy was gay would you slap his behind messing around?
dair5
dair5
3,379 posts
Shepherd

If you knew a guy was gay would you slap his behind messing around?

Does it really matter? If you're all really close then I don't see why it matters. What would happen if you slap a gay guy's butt?
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,988 posts
Grand Duke

Well in my Highschool, our soccer team always messes around with each other by doing things like slapping each others behinds. We're not really gay, we're just that close. If you knew a guy was gay would you slap his behind messing around?

No....why would you think that gays think everything would be an underlying sexual signal? I hug girls all the time, but I don't mean it in a sexual way for most, and all of them know. It's not like they would lack discretion, or are uncontrolled bags of hormones, waiting to respond to the slightest of ''hints''.
MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,470 posts
Farmer

Me personally, I wouldn't be slapping guys butts regardless. Though given your circumstances I don't see how being gay or not would matter.
Gevock
Gevock
49 posts
Nomad

I'm going to express how homosexuality is right using several meanings of 'right' in society:

Legally:
It is perfectly legal in the United States to have consensual sex with someone of the opposite or the same gender. Therefore homosexuality has been deemed acceptable and 'right' in the eyes of the law. If the law found it to be wrong, they would make it illegal.
Most (if not all) countries that ban gay sexual relations have a theocracy or strong ties to a religion. In those countries, it's also punishable (by stoning in Saudi Arabia, Nigeria, Afghanistan, etc.) to commit adultery. This is because Theocracies focus on forcing its population to adhere to a radically strict moral code. Modern, secular countries do not support these practices.

Naturally:
I will clarify that by natural, I mean it is found in nature. I've looked through many pages of this thread and have found a lot of debate on this issue and its relevance to the question. Whether or not I find this point relevant in this discussion does not matter as others will. I'll keep it short and point all those that claim that homosexuality is not found in nature should see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_animals_displaying_homosexual_behavior
It is Wikipedia sure, but it is full of valuable citations that are quite credible. It may not be found commonly in nature, but as said earlier, occurrence does not deem something natural or unnatural.

Socially:
This is the key issue for many, looking through this thread. A lot of people are disgusted by the idea and they find the practice wrong. However, history has shown us time and time again that society struggles with shirking off bias and thinking rationally on an issue. Half a century ago, interracial marriages were outlawed. When we look back, we see this as ludicrous (assuming you're not racist) and think We can't deny two people's love because the color of their skins! That's wrong. How is that different than the gender of a person. Just because it's a gay couple, we can't say their love is wrong by outward appearance. Logically, we're falling in with racists of the 50's.
I have also seen the argument before that it should be left up to referendum. 'Let the people decide.' But to that I point back to half a century ago, again. The judicial branch made it unconstitutional to discriminate people based on skin color, rather than popular vote. You must think logically about this if you are to understand why it is backward to condemn homosexuality.

Religiously:
This one is the toughie. How am I going to use religion to prove homosexuality is right, rather than wrong? I won't. There is not a single verse in religious texts that I know of that encourages homosexuality. Despite that, I have not found an accurate, relevant religious text that actually condemns the practice of homosexuality.
Crazy, but bear with me before you start citing your scripture. First, I will post a screenshot from another website that I found interesting. http://img252.imageshack.us/img252/7637/fskdlfjsldk.png
I will sum it up for those less patient in reading text walls. In response to the citing of Leviticus and Romans, the person responding shows the misinterpretations from Hebrew to English and how the bad translation essentially screws up the meaning behind the scripture.
Next, I will say that Leviticus and Deuteronomy are obsolete. How can the word of God and the laws developed be obsolete? First of all, Deuteronomy is widely believed to be the traditions of ancient Israeli traditions. Second, people cite these books to condemn homosexuality before reading the other parts. In Deuteronomy, it says that a defiant son should be taken to village elders and stoned to death. A woman was not to put on manâs apparel, nor a man wear womanâs clothing. If your husband claimed you were not a virgin at the time of your marriage and your family could not prove otherwise, you would be stoned. Adultery would have you stoned. Now how are you going to disregard these, but claim the part about homosexuality was still valid? Times have changed since and such beliefs are not meant to be followed in modern society. The same goes for Leviticus.

In short: Homosexuality is not wrong. I have shown clearly that it is perfectly acceptable. If you say it is not, you have no logical, rational reasoning behind your argument. I will go so far as to say people that disagree with this can not be reasoned with because they are focusing on their own intolerance fueled by petty disgust. Their unwillingness to accept homosexuality is easily comparable to those that struggle/d with racial equality.

partydevil
partydevil
5,132 posts
Jester

Does the fact that someone is gay changes your life?

not at all.

why would his likings change my life?
it's not that i become gay the moment i meet a gay person.

No....why would you think that gays think everything would be an underlying sexual signal? I hug girls all the time, but I don't mean it in a sexual way for most, and all of them know. It's not like they would lack discretion, or are uncontrolled bags of hormones, waiting to respond to the slightest of ''hints''.

for some unknown reason alot people seem to think that gays are oversexed. that gays love every single man out their.
it's like all man love all girls. and all girls love all guys.

it's just stupid stupid stupid.

and what if it turns out that 1 of your soccer friends turns out to be gay? and you and your team have been slaping his *** for all these yours and he hitted yours.
if the guy would tell you all he is gay. (since you all are so close he might feel safe to tell you guys 1st) what are you all gonna do? bannish him from the soccer team? even after all the years of fun and him not being different from the rest?
would it realy matter?
slipsoccer
slipsoccer
1,081 posts
Peasant

Hugging and slapping a butt are nothing a like.

Though given your circumstances I don't see how being gay or not would matter.

Slap a gay guy's behind and tell me how people react to you, that's how it matters.

and what if it turns out that 1 of your soccer friends turns out to be gay? and you and your team have been slaping his *** for all these yours and he hitted yours.
if the guy would tell you all he is gay. (since you all are so close he might feel safe to tell you guys 1st) what are you all gonna do? bannish him from the soccer team?

That actually happened. I stopped talking to him cause you know what if he likes it? I personally dislike gay people, sorry if i'm offending you. Don't get me wrong i'll still pass the ball to him if it's necessary but I don't look at him the same way.
dair5
dair5
3,379 posts
Shepherd

That actually happened. I stopped talking to him cause you know what if he likes it? I personally dislike gay people, sorry if i'm offending you. Don't get me wrong i'll still pass the ball to him if it's necessary but I don't look at him the same way.

Why do you dislike gay people? I don't really see a reason to not like them.
GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,622 posts
Herald

Hugging and slapping a butt are nothing a like.

I don't know how it originated, but it's congratulatory in sports. It doesn't matter if someone's straight or gay, slapping their butt in a sport to express congratulations doesn't mean it's sexual. Are you going to think a friendly hug from a girl is a sexual signal?
I personally dislike gay people

Is it because they're different than you?
partydevil
partydevil
5,132 posts
Jester

i'm unable to see your reason.
i'm unable to see your logic.
i'm unable to understand your social behavior towards a friend.
i mean i hate americans but i keep cool, acting to them normal untill they start bragging about their country.
why can't you act normal to him like you did befor. are you that scared of gays? if so then i feel sorry for you.

(btw, no i'm not gay. i'm married to a woman for 15 year now.)
slipsoccer
slipsoccer
1,081 posts
Peasant

Why do you dislike gay people? I don't really see a reason to not like them.

I personally wouldn't want my son, when I have one, seeing a gay couple and him thinking it's okay to be gay. Children are easily manipulated to thinking anything is okay. Guy's were made for girl's and girl's for guy's. Again this is my opinion, you don't have to argue with me and nor do I care if you do or don't.
slipsoccer
slipsoccer
1,081 posts
Peasant

Are you going to think a friendly hug from a girl is a sexual signal?

Wow, that's why I said hugging and slapping a behind are nothing alike.

Is it because they're different than you?

Bro, I go to a private white school and I come from a mexican backgroud. What does this mean? Everyone in my school is completly different from me and I don't hate them. Why would I hate someone because they're different from me? Everyone's different from everyone that's why we're all unique.

why can't you act normal to him like you did befor. are you that scared of gays? if so then i feel sorry for you.

You clearly didn't read when I put I dislike gay people did you?
partydevil
partydevil
5,132 posts
Jester

this is my opinion, you don't have to argue with me and nor do I care if you do or don't.

seems kinda close minded on the subject realy.

i'm still wondering what your problem whit them realy is..
gays are humans aswell they wont hit on you when they dont know yet if your gay aswell. their smart enoufg for that.

what has their sexual orientation to do whit you?
how does it effect your life?

do you have the same reaction whit people that have a SM fetish?
because love making shouldn't hurt you know. getting kicked in the balls aint sex.

will you bannish your son from home if he tells you he is gay?
even after he explains it as we already did a few times in this topic?

You clearly didn't read when I put I dislike gay people did you?

so your reason to hate them is that you hate them? hmmmmm aint a valid reason for me.
Showing 346-360 of 1146