ForumsWEPR[necro] Is homosexuality right or wrong?

1146 386828
toemas
toemas
339 posts
Farmer

I think homosexuality is totally wrong and unnatural, what do you think?

• 1,146 Replies
Pegasus16
Pegasus16
48 posts
Nomad

If killing and genoside and eugenics were wrong, would they exist?

Gevock
Gevock
49 posts
Nomad

Don't know, I am good at maths, so my logic is working fine. If homosexuality would be wrong, would it exsist?

While I agree that homosexuality is not wrong, I think this is bad reasoning. Plenty of things exist that are wrong, as Pegasus pointed out.

There are no *good* arguments for why homosexuality is wrong because those arguments don't exist. The arguments presented are wrapped in hate, fear, and general irrationality. They may claim it is God's will, but they ignore when we point out the hypocrisy of the scripture where they pull that from. As I said in my post earlier in this thread, the attitude of people against homosexuality is easily comparative to racism. It's all pathos and absolutely lacking in logos. Where they lack facts, they provide feelings that stem from growing up in an environment that condemns homosexuality. Hate begets hate. Ignorance begets ignorance.
SkywardStriker05
SkywardStriker05
33 posts
Nomad

If killing and genoside and eugenics were wrong, would they exist?
Irrelevant.
MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,470 posts
Farmer

[quote]If killing and genoside and eugenics were wrong, would they exist?

Irrelevant.[/quote]

He does actually have a point. Things regarded as wrong do exist. However this leaves us asking what makes homosexuality wrong? Things aren't wrong by virtue alone. Like in the examples given of genocide or eugenics, these are things that have shown themselves to be harmful to others in an unconsenting way. Homosexuality on the other hand isn't harming others.
Jeff1999
Jeff1999
1,356 posts
Farmer

He does actually have a point. Things regarded as wrong do exist. However this leaves us asking what makes homosexuality wrong? Things aren't wrong by virtue alone. Like in the examples given of genocide or eugenics, these are things that have shown themselves to be harmful to others in an unconsenting way. Homosexuality on the other hand isn't harming others.[i]
Listen to this guy.

Seashark001
Seashark001
613 posts
Nomad

Technically, certain religions will severely hate this discussion as they despise homosexuality. As Jeff1999 said

Homosexuality on the other hand isn't harming others

I know a gay person and I think that they have made a different choice to us and that some may dislike their choice but realistically, homosexuality is OK.
Jeff1999
Jeff1999
1,356 posts
Farmer

I didn't make that comment! MageGrayWolf created it. I just wanted to say I agree.

MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,470 posts
Farmer

I know a gay person and I think that they have made a different choice to us and that some may dislike their choice but realistically, homosexuality is OK.

Ones sexual preference isn't by choice. It's likely determined during fetal development through epigenetics.
botinok
botinok
36 posts
Farmer

Epic thread.
Homosexual and lesbian activities lead to degradation of community.
They can do what ever they want, but not to show their choice for the masses especially children.

HahiHa
HahiHa
8,259 posts
Regent

Homosexual and lesbian activities lead to degradation of community.

Only because the community doesn't accept it and auto-degrades itself.

Could you explain what about homosexual activity has a 'er se' degrading effect? And what do you mean by 'degrade'?
botinok
botinok
36 posts
Farmer

Only because the community doesn't accept it and auto-degrades itself.

Could you explain what about homosexual activity has a 'er se' degrading effect? And what do you mean by 'degrade'?

Buy degradation i mean that some members of homosexual community bringing much fuss about prohibiton of their gay parades and their rights.Some people accept homosexuality as an act against the law and reproduction though based on lust and personal gain.
I'm not agains people of not hetero orientation but gay and lesbian whinning gives me a little bit of raging it's like during wars combatants well be complaining about their human rights and their point's of view.
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,988 posts
Grand Duke

Buy degradation i mean that some members of homosexual community bringing much fuss about prohibiton of their gay parades and their rights.Some people accept homosexuality as an act against the law and reproduction though based on lust and personal gain.
I'm not agains people of not hetero orientation but gay and lesbian whinning gives me a little bit of raging it's like during wars combatants well be complaining about their human rights and their point's of view.

So, protesters are now degrading themselves and what they stand for?

Gays and lesbians are perfectly within their right and limits to ''whine'' since they have been discriminated against. Saying they're just whining is plain insensitive.

it's like during wars combatants well be complaining about their human rights and their point's of view.

How is this remotely related?
botinok
botinok
36 posts
Farmer

So, protesters are now degrading themselves and what they stand for?

Gays and lesbians are perfectly within their right and limits to ''whine'' since they have been discriminated against. Saying they're just whining is plain insensitive.!

Why should i accept their gay and lesbian rights parade and later being isulted by children with stupid questions.
If you are homo oriented it's you way of life and you shouldn't make everyone else to know about your rights, your activities and your discrimination.
And statemend about comabatants is related in way that it's like crusades everyone should accept it or going to be killed.
So with the gay rights i accept their way of life because it doesn't affect me much, but when they are screaming that some people and authorities can't respect and be tolerant to them it's their fault you accept you homosexuality and deal with it or leave and it's on you own.Why other people should ever pay attention to that?
zakyman
zakyman
1,631 posts
Peasant

If you are homo oriented it's you way of life and you shouldn't make everyone else to know about your rights, your activities and your discrimination.

So you're saying that during the Civil Rights era, the African-Americans should have just taken all the **** they were getting under Jim Crow, not have complained, and basically just "dealt with it?" Why shouldn't they have the right to protest? It's stated clearly in the First Amendment! Without them alerting others to their discrimination, without them speaking out, laws to make things better for them wouldn't be drafted, wouldn't be considered, wouldn't be passed. People would just go along their merry ways thinking all was dandy in the world, and there was no discrimination, while nothing could be further from the truth.

So with the gay rights i accept their way of life because it doesn't affect me much, but when they are screaming that some people and authorities can't respect and be tolerant to them it's their fault you accept you homosexuality and deal with it or leave and it's on you own.Why other people should ever pay attention to that?

Because unfortunately that's the ONLY way people will listen to them. If someone is beating you over the head with a large brick, you don't say politely and quietly, "Good sir, would you please stop hitting me with that large brick of yours." No. You make a scene. You shout out and hope someone notices. That is what is happening. The US and state governments are beating the gay community with a brick (DOMA, North Carolina outlawing gay marriage, Proposition 8), and they are not standing for it.
sgtboo
sgtboo
2 posts
Nomad

[i]Why should i accept their gay and lesbian rights parade and later being isulted by children with stupid questions.
And statemend about comabatants is related in way that it's like crusades everyone should accept it or going to be killed.

Couldn'y have put it better myself

but while i'm here, I might aswell tell you to stop parading around in nothing but y-fronts and feathers

gays want to be counted as 'normal people', right? so ****ing act like it

If I went on a parade about tax cuts in my boxers, id get arrested.. Those 2 things are pretty much the only problems I have with SOME gay people

Showing 406-420 of 1146