ForumsWEPR[necro] Is homosexuality right or wrong?

1146 385851
toemas
toemas
339 posts
Farmer

I think homosexuality is totally wrong and unnatural, what do you think?

• 1,146 Replies
Jefferysinspiration
Jefferysinspiration
3,168 posts
Farmer

Ahhh quote fail. Please delete ^

I'm pretty sure statistically they would be the same "loyalty wise". Unless you have some research to reject my no difference hypothesis.
Also marriage is an outdated institution anyway the most positive aspect is how the laws see it and the benefits you get (not money oriented explicitly).

Mhm, i mean i'm not saying all Gay relationships are loyal and honest - i've been with other girls who have completely messed me about. You're going to get loyalty and disloyalty etc regardless of sexuality - however people that argue about the sanctity of marriage can't ignore the straight corruptions - Sham marriage/one that lasts about a day.

As for marriage being outdated - i don't think this is necessarily true, however i can see where you're coming from. To me, marriage is very important on the basis it's not legal for me. If i had always been able to marry another woman, maybe it wouldn't be as appealing, i don't know.

some one asked about examples of the problems that would arise among same sex couples well for one if both people get drafted as you may know they probably wouldnt end up together in the same platoon or what the surogate rights are if they choose to have a surogate child and all that

Well talking about army gays - very tricky yes, but i mean that's just taking into consideration a small number of homosexuals in the world. The whoe child thing, yes i'll admit is very tricky - but by talking about surrogates, you're suggesting male+male having a child. The rules change with lesbians as one of us can physically give birth. However, why would you consider surrogates a problem? There are straight couples that have to use a surrogate..

[/quote]also on a side note I love how up in Britan (as it seems to me) that people over there are MUCH more accepting of this kind of thing than here in America where (again as it seems to me) it seems that if you do "come out" depending where you are you'll probally get harrased for the rest of your life. (Sorry for any spelling mistakes that I made).[quote]

I think there are a lot of factors to be considered though. America and Britain are hard to compare due to the MASSIVE difference in size. Britain is very small, thus naturally has more gays. It also changes place to place. There is Brighton which you will most likely be always accepted - minus maybe outsiders visiting, Brighton is like the gay capital of the UK. That said however, harassment etc still happens in the UK. I had more of a positive experience being a lesbian in America than I did in England or N.Ireland (my home) in terms of relationships. However the UK has seemed more accepting of hook ups in a gay club than America (Again, from my experience).
Jefferysinspiration
Jefferysinspiration
3,168 posts
Farmer

I give up on life - you get the gist.

FishermanJE
FishermanJE
38 posts
Nomad

NO HOMO, it's Adam and Eve not Adam and Steve

KingKiwi
KingKiwi
2 posts
Nomad

here in America where (again as it seems to me) it seems that if you do "come out" depending where you are you'll probally get harrased for the rest of your life.

Well I live in the bible belt, unfortunately, and your not technically wrong. A lot of people will tease you about it but for the most part if you live in a decent area that isn't to religious then your OK.

Homosexuality is, has and always will be something that humans have done. I personally consider myself to be bisexual and it's not a big deal either.

What I do want to know is why do people make such a big deal about it? You don't need to know what other people do behind closed doors.
zakyman
zakyman
1,631 posts
Peasant

And welcome Mr. Bible Thumper. Care to provide logic for your shallow argument? Or would you rather spit out thousand year old slogans used to oppress a population simply because they are different?
EnterOrion
EnterOrion
4,223 posts
Nomad

Correct, it is Adam and Eve in the bible. You're stating the obvious.

That does not add to any discussion.

Homosexuality is neither right nor wrong, and neither is heterosexuality. People can enjoy themselves and each other in any way they see fit. To say something is right means that something else is wrong, and nothing in this discussion is wrong. You don't have to agree with it, but it doesn't affect you, so leave it alone.
FishermanJE
FishermanJE
38 posts
Nomad

Ok, then is this better/

I believe that homoism is wrong and it is my opinion, and why would anyone care anyways? Seems like the poster of this blog is just trying to get people riled up

EnterOrion
EnterOrion
4,223 posts
Nomad

I believe that homoism is wrong and it is my opinion, and why would anyone care anyways?

"Homoism"? Is there any particular reason you can't call it homosexuality, or if that displeases you so much, the archaic homophilia?

At any rate, that is your opinion for you to hold. Do not, however, attempt to press it upon others in legislation or in social encounters. Just avoid, don't fight.
MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,470 posts
Farmer

NO HOMO,

When I hear this, this is what comes to mind. It just makes you seem like you're denying something with your self.

I believe that homoism is wrong and it is my opinion, and why would anyone care anyways?

homoism?

homo; Latin, in the original sense of "human being", or "man" (in the gender-neutral sense).

-ism; an action state or condition.

homoism; An action state or condition of being human?

Yes I know what you're really trying to say in context but it's just as ridiculous.
Jefferysinspiration
Jefferysinspiration
3,168 posts
Farmer

Seems like the poster of this blog is just trying to get people riled up

Majorlulz. Yes, the OP is obviously trying to get people riled up, nothing to do with interesting views - Your Adam and Eve comment was in NO WAY trying to rile people up.

Oh sorry honey, i was being sarcastic.

So to get back to an actual worthy discussion:

I think society is slowly but surely progressing in terms of homosexuality. Homosexuals will never be fully accepted. Nothing in this world ever is. BUT - Vietnam is considering same sex marriage or partnerships: AMAZING. If Asian countries hop on this bandwagon, we're on our way.
Jacen96
Jacen96
3,087 posts
Bard

to me, the idea of being homosexual is just weird, but bisexual is even weirder.

BRAAINZz
BRAAINZz
787 posts
Nomad

to me, the idea of being homosexual is just weird, but bisexual is even weirder.

Why? if anything, they are closer to your frame of "Normal" than homosexuals.

Homosexuals will never be fully accepted.

America, land of the free.

Unless you're:
Homosexual
Bi-Sexual
Crossing the Border
Native American
Disabled

(Feel free to add more)
zakyman
zakyman
1,631 posts
Peasant

Crossing the Border

Well I object to this one...but may I also add Muslim in some cases?
Xzeno
Xzeno
2,301 posts
Nomad

BUT - Vietnam is considering same sex marriage or partnerships: AMAZING. If Asian countries hop on this bandwagon, we're on our way.
Oh no! If Vietnam does it, it will create a domino effect and soon all of east Asia will fall under the influence of the homosexual agenda! We should probably invade them.

homo; Latin, in the original sense of "human being", or "man" (in the gender-neutral sense).
Well just casually, it doesn't quite have a gender neutral implication: it's as loaded as our use of "man" to refer to humanity. It is not a simply gender neutral term, but rather one spawned from the historical view of male as default because of our male-dominated culture. We just don't like to talk about that.

Not that it really matters. Why anyone would bring up the latin word homo, hominis in a discussion of homosexuality is beyond me. It should be pretty clear from context that the entomological intentions of any word using the root "homo" Fisherman chooses to make up has nothing to do with latin.
The root for the "homo" in "homosexuality" is Greek, genius.

You know, I used to care about this stuff. Nuts, I know. Now I resent both sides of the issue to some degree: homophobes, because they're so clearly dumb and wrong, and people invested in fighting about it, because they give a ****. It's weird. Gender and sexuality seem so shockingly unimportant to me, because I'm just over it in my own life. Caring about equal rights is great and needs to be done, because although we like to think &quotrogress" is a thing, we know that no such external force drives the development of society, but caring about the identity politics of LGBT and related communities strikes me as folly. The entire issue seems so petty to me, and basing a personal identity on something as shallow as gender or sexuality seems pitiable at best to me. In the same realm as, say, nationalism.
Jacen96
Jacen96
3,087 posts
Bard

Why? if anything, they are closer to your frame of "Normal" than homosexuals.
if you mean bisexuals, they sleep with males and females, how is that closer to normal.

Unless you're:
Homosexual
Bi-Sexual
Crossing the Border
Native American
Disabled

military.
Showing 556-570 of 1146