ForumsWEPR[necro] Is homosexuality right or wrong?

1146 385794
toemas
toemas
339 posts
Farmer

I think homosexuality is totally wrong and unnatural, what do you think?

• 1,146 Replies
HahiHa
HahiHa
8,259 posts
Regent

if you mean bisexuals, they sleep with males and females, how is that closer to normal.

Because it's something in between hetero- and homosexual?

I just had to ask myself if our society would be less complicated if everyone was bisexual... and I think it might actually be the case.
Xzaithyr
Xzaithyr
138 posts
Bard

Personally I don't see how it's anybody's business at all. If none of you are gay, bisexual, etc etc. Then what does it matter to you?

If two people that you don't know want to spend the rest of their life together because they so please, and these two people just happen to be of the same sex, and love eachother, what difference does it make to you?

If your not a part of the Gay community, and if it does not affect you or your life, then why would you bother to start a forum asking if its wrong or not? Sure, that's your opinion and your entitled to it, but don't you have something better to do with your time? Go and form an opinion about something that actually matters or will make a difference in the world, instead of just sitting there and hating something.

As for actually being right or wrong, it's neither. There is no right or wrong, because nobody is a Dictator, and nobody gets to decide what is right or wrong for anyone other then themselves.

That's just what I think though.

BRAAINZz
BRAAINZz
787 posts
Nomad

Well I object to this one...but may I also add Muslim in some cases?

I meant immigrants largely from the south and deportation and all that. And sure, add anything.

military.

Forgot that.

I just had to ask myself if our society would be less complicated if everyone was bisexual... and I think it might actually be the case.

It would be nice, wouldn't it? A bit of both, like the Bonobos.

then why would you bother to start a forum asking if its wrong or not?

Forum participation, the controversial topics are what get people talking.
MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,470 posts
Farmer

Well just casually, it doesn't quite have a gender neutral implication: it's as loaded as our use of "man" to refer to humanity. It is not a simply gender neutral term, but rather one spawned from the historical view of male as default because of our male-dominated culture. We just don't like to talk about that.

Not that it really matters. Why anyone would bring up the latin word homo, hominis in a discussion of homosexuality is beyond me. It should be pretty clear from context that the entomological intentions of any word using the root "homo" Fisherman chooses to make up has nothing to do with latin.

I know, I was fully aware of what he actually meant. Please do read the rest of that post.

"Yes I know what you're really trying to say in context but it's just as ridiculous."
EnterOrion
EnterOrion
4,223 posts
Nomad

military.

Off topic, I know, but u kidding rite bro? This country has a major hard-on for the military.

and I think it might actually be the case.

Nobody is 100% heterosexual or homosexual. It just isn't possible.
thebluerabbit
thebluerabbit
5,346 posts
Farmer

Nobody is 100% heterosexual or homosexual. It just isn't possible.

how do you know? i know about the theory that its a scale (and i kind of agree with it too) but how can you just decide such a thing doesnt exist?
HahiHa
HahiHa
8,259 posts
Regent

how do you know? i know about the theory that its a scale (and i kind of agree with it too) but how can you just decide such a thing doesnt exist?

It's improbable due to the nature of attraction. You're attracted to a series of characteristics, that usually are more pronounced in the gender you're attracted to, but can occur in both. Males and females aren't two completely different things, we're just different 'variants' of 'human'. As suggested by hormone therapies..
Bladerunner679
Bladerunner679
2,488 posts
Blacksmith

I'm going to put this on one more time because I am sure this will end this thread. (note, it has very coarse language, and rude gestures)

-Blade

thebluerabbit
thebluerabbit
5,346 posts
Farmer

It's improbable due to the nature of attraction. You're attracted to a series of characteristics, that usually are more pronounced in the gender you're attracted to, but can occur in both. Males and females aren't two completely different things, we're just different 'variants' of 'human'. As suggested by hormone therapies..

i doubt a gay person who likes mascualr tall guys will find a tall mascular girl attractive though.
bleachfairytail
bleachfairytail
36 posts
Nomad

i doubt a gay person who likes mascualr tall guys will find a tall mascular girl attractive though.

true, but i think it depends on how you were raised. Say, you were raised on the country-side where the woman were strong if you'd come across a small, weak woman you wouldn't take a second glance whereas if they're big and strong you would. Also, if you were raised in a family that care about your sexuality and say you can't be gay then you might actually wonder what it's like to be gay (I've seen it before)
SamuelFire
SamuelFire
25 posts
Nomad

My two cents: "Is homosexuality right or wrong?" The answer that comes mind is: Neither. Homosexuality exists, there is nothing right or wrong about it. Though I might be being too literal again (it happens).

Unless you mean right or wrong in a religious sense? The question is rather vague.

Craze77
Craze77
813 posts
Peasant

Personally, I feel that homosexuality is wrong. As a Christian, I feel that a man having sex with another man is wrong and the same for two women.

Kasic
Kasic
5,556 posts
Jester

Personally, I feel that homosexuality is wrong. As a Christian, I feel that a man having sex with another man is wrong and the same for two women.

Why?

What about it is "wrong" so much so that they shouldn't be allowed to do it?
thebluerabbit
thebluerabbit
5,346 posts
Farmer

funny how everybody who says its wrong usually explains it by saying something about HIMSELF and not them. i wonder if they actually noticed what the reason they said is.

kind of reminds me of someone who realised i was jewish and said: "i hate you because im muslim"

BRAAINZz
BRAAINZz
787 posts
Nomad

kind of reminds me of someone who realised i was jewish and said: "i hate you because im muslim"

When you look at it that way and then compare it to this it doesn't seem like society has progressed much at all as a whole. People used to hate for race, religion, and sexuality. Now it's only mainly the third. Mind you, the other two still exist. How humane and free is our society today if we can't give a person the same rights as anyone else because they don't fit in to our perception of "normal". The point of rights is that they are not to be taken away or voted upon, they're still human, so why treat them any different. You're little better than the slavers centuries ago! Treating other people badly because you don't like to! It's the 21st century for ****s sakes!
Showing 571-585 of 1146